Looking for a barrow...

Hello,

Is it just me or do almost all carp barrows look the same? I've been looking for one second hand as they were pretty pricey for the Nash or fox one's but then I spotted a brand new one at go outdoors for £50 and it genuinely looked the same as much more expensive ones.

Opinions please and what do you use?

Thanks, Paul

I bought a cheap one and once you have used it a few times you know why it was cheap mine bends a bit and I don't really like it I think it may be the same as the go outdoors one  , personally I would look for a 2nd hand carp porter or similar as it will probably last a lot longer if it's in good nick I had a mk2 before and it was much better 

Prestige mk2, my mates had one about 10 years. Mine is about 5 years, out in all weather's, & still as good as new. 

Another mate got the fat boy version and the chunky tyre is no good if the terrain isnt flat. He even dropped it on the first outing. 🤣🤣🤣

So I'd advise the skinny tyre, to go anywhere. I load it right up and its very well balanced, if you keep the heavier items low in the packing process.  

I keep meaning to change the tyre for a rubber one as it does go flat from time to time. 

I think I paid around £80-90. 

My MK2 failed mid session, the forks somehow bent out of shape, nightmare. It had lasted a good few years though in fairness. I had to nip to the tackle shop and buy the only barrow they had (Trakker X0-Trail Galaxy). The Trakker is awful, I hate it.

The Fox Explorer is supposed to be brilliant.

Don't skimp on the barrow, it takes some abuse so you need a decent one.

I only use a barrow if I'm on a long stay & bivvying up... a wide boy and bivvy ain't lightweight... although my day kit weighs 3/5ths of naff all.... can't understand these blokes that advocate being mobile yet taking the kitchen sink on a barrow... By the time they've loaded the barrow I'm in me swim and getting my first chuck in... 

The barrow I have is a Nash Trax Micro... breaks down into smaller bits and is very nifty... don't think they make em any more though

I treated myself to a Carp Porter Porterlite.

I had asked Ian @welder to see if he could straighten the handles on my freebie Theseus one, but after finding myself fully employed decided to get the Porterlite. If you shop around £105 carriage free is possible, or a local tackle shop might just price match.

Saying that, I have just looked and many places are out of stock.

I might still get Ian to straighten the handles on the old one, and then donate the barrow to a good cause, an angling charity or youngster, but I'm concerned that I have worn some holes in the carrybag with regular heavy use.

8 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I treated myself to a Carp Porter Porterlite.

I had asked Ian @welder to see if he could straighten the handles on my freebie Theseus one, but after finding myself fully employed decided to get the Porterlite. If you shop around £105 carriage free is possible, or a local tackle shop might just price match.

Saying that, I have just looked and many places are out of stock.

I might still get Ian to straighten the handles on the old one, and then donate the barrow to a good cause, an angling charity or youngster, but I'm concerned that I have worn some holes in the carrybag with regular heavy use.

If it's for an angling charity get the handles over to me, Nick. I'll sort them and get them back to you FOC.

Ian.

its ok not used the thin tyres so no comparison to make but I also bought the tri wheels for it was going to get the fat boy version of these but was advised by the shop to get the narrow ones but they do mke it more stable will still tip over if I load it wrong but learnt how to load it now I want an electric barrow (old and lazy haha) but just expensive hard to justify the cost of one 

Edited by carpyian