What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

I’ve found I’ve struggled with motivation since the start of the 3rd lockdown. I’ve got some time off from the ambulance and thought I’d be raring to go, I think the fact I can’t night fish is probably having a negative impact on my motivation. My water does not fish brilliantly during the day, but there again, I’ll catch naff all sat on the sofa at home! 

I only made bait yesterday because the darling wife insisted I made some as my bait draw in the freezer is totally empty. 

I’ve been walking my waters most days and was finding carp most days, especially in the smaller water all shoaled up and looking catchable, but the last few days they’ve drifted away from there, although they wouldn’t have gone far I reckon. If the rain holds off tomorrow, I will get the rods dusted off for a few hours, after all I’ll regret it if I don’t! 

44 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

I’ve found I’ve struggled with motivation since the start of the 3rd lockdown. I’ve got some time off from the ambulance and thought I’d be raring to go, I think the fact I can’t night fish is probably having a negative impact on my motivation. My water does not fish brilliantly during the day, but there again, I’ll catch naff all sat on the sofa at home! 

I only made bait yesterday because the darling wife insisted I made some as my bait draw in the freezer is totally empty. 

I’ve been walking my waters most days and was finding carp most days, especially in the smaller water all shoaled up and looking catchable, but the last few days they’ve drifted away from there, although they wouldn’t have gone far I reckon. If the rain holds off tomorrow, I will get the rods dusted off for a few hours, after all I’ll regret it if I don’t! 

I think that 'no night fishing' is my problem as well. I have the motivation to walk Sky dog every day, but that is just about it. 

I've got plenty of bait ready, boilies and Vitalin in cupboard, ice cream tubs full of prepped particles in the freezer, so bait isn't an issue. Walking to the park with fishing gear and Sky is a pain, although I would have run that far with it as a kid! 

It's not like my pike gear is much, just a Rucksack of gear and deadbaits and my rod sling, but is so much easier to drive... 

Which doesn't exercise Sky... 

10 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think that 'no night fishing' is my problem as well. I have the motivation to walk Sky dog every day, but that is just about it. 

I've got plenty of bait ready, boilies and Vitalin in cupboard, ice cream tubs full of prepped particles in the freezer, so bait isn't an issue. Walking to the park with fishing gear and Sky is a pain, although I would have run that far with it as a kid! 

It's not like my pike gear is much, just a Rucksack of gear and deadbaits and my rod sling, but is so much easier to drive... 

Which doesn't exercise Sky... 

it do if you hold the dog lead out the window and keep the car at a steady 10miles an hour lol 😂😂😂

21 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

it do if you hold the dog lead out the window and keep the car at a steady 10miles an hour lol 😂😂😂

10? She's a Husky, make it 20...

20 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Or a dog sled?? 

I should convert my barrow! 

Very happy to receive my Dinton Gold Ticket invitation today so my plans for the year are sorted. I won’t be rejoining any other waters-full steam ahead on Dinton.
Ticket starts in April so my plan (dependent on how busy it is) is Spring on Black Swan, Summer on White and ‘Back to Black’ for Autumn onward👍🏻