What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

Just my luck i have been keeping an eye on how the cyprinus web site works with the auctions as i like the K2 60 brolly and front for a replacement to my JRC and they get all hard to haggle

You can make an offer was thinking they would take 500 for the three items i like the asking price is 555 in total but 500 is too much and was planning on trying out for 350-400 for the set, looks like that's on hold. 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Just my luck i have been keeping an eye on how the cyprinus web site works with the auctions as i like the K2 60 brolly and front for a replacement to my JRC and they get all hard to haggle

You can make an offer was thinking they would take 500 for the three items i like the asking price is 555 in total but 500 is too much and was planning on trying out for 350-400 for the set, looks like that's on hold. 

Start low you can always go up but not down 😁

9 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Sorry to hear about the poor start to the year mate . Not been the best of times for our family either ,father inlaw passed away before Xmas.  Lovely bloke who will be missed . Gave him as good a send off as we could with the covid restrictions etc . 

You still keeping the fishing trade busy then 😁

Sorry about your farther in law mucka 

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I cant believe things are going wrong with Boris at the Helm 🤔

Wasn't his slogun get done by brexit, I have a feeling we will be, and by this government 😢 

In fairness this problem with taking bait to France is nothing to do with Boris or our government. It's an EU law that was bought in when we were part of the EU. Those rules apply to anyone outside the EU. If we want to blame someone we'll have to find someone that voted out lol.

16 minutes ago, yonny said:

In fairness this problem with taking bait to France is nothing to do with Boris or our government. It's an EU law that was bought in when we were part of the EU. Those rules apply to anyone outside the EU. If we want to blame someone we'll have to find someone that voted out lol.

Still a lot we can blame Boris for though 😁

The country has been sold a pup by farage and all the other right wing extremists, it was a campaign based on lies, unfortunately we will find out the hard way, and with boris looking out for his mates we won't have an empire to build on it will all be privatised and resting in Gibraltar or some other tax haven 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Still a lot we can blame Boris for though 😁

The country has been sold a pup by farage and all the other right wing extremists, it was a campaign based on lies, unfortunately we will find out the hard way, and with boris looking out for his mates we won't have an empire to build on it will all be privatised and resting in Gibraltar or some other tax haven 

At the time of voting though I felt he was the best of a bad bunch. Jo swinson lib dem snowflake,  no chance. Jeremy (I support the ira and anti British ) corbyn, absolutely not.  And for the record I did vote out. As for boris looking out for his mates, no different to Blair (war criminal) looking out for his wife. They all tell lies and tell you what you want to hear and once in power they do nothing of the sort. Boris said he would vet Brexit done and has done so. Theresa May's brexit deal was apparently better than boris's but labour, lib dems etc voted against it so blame the mp's. 

That's all I'm saying 😂😂

2 hours ago, emmcee said:

At the time of voting though I felt he was the best of a bad bunch. Jo swinson lib dem snowflake,  no chance. Jeremy (I support the ira and anti British ) corbyn, absolutely not.  And for the record I did vote out. As for boris looking out for his mates, no different to Blair (war criminal) looking out for his wife. They all tell lies and tell you what you want to hear and once in power they do nothing of the sort. Boris said he would vet Brexit done and has done so. Theresa May's brexit deal was apparently better than boris's but labour, lib dems etc voted against it so blame the mp's. 

That's all I'm saying 😂😂

I don't disagree they were a bad bunch, I also think the war on terror should never have happened that was all down to oil rather than WMD'S, I'm not completely disagreeing,I once tried to convince an air hostess to spill coffee on cherie Blair when she flew on Ryan Air in a white suit 😂

Anyway back to fishing 😂

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I don't disagree they were a bad bunch, I also think the war on terror should never have happened that was all down to oil rather than WMD'S, I'm not completely disagreeing,I once tried to convince an air hostess to spill coffee on cherie Blair when she flew on Ryan Air in a white suit 😂

Anyway back to fishing 😂

No fishing for me for a while. Both my lakes are too far regarding travel restrictions during lockdown.  As for my sea fishing, well that will be waiting a long time I feel. 

I dare not even look into my carp gear, not opened that since last spring. 

14 minutes ago, emmcee said:

No fishing for me for a while. Both my lakes are too far regarding travel restrictions during lockdown.  As for my sea fishing, well that will be waiting a long time I feel. 

I dare not even look into my carp gear, not opened that since last spring. 

My garage is a mess too, I keep putting it off 😁

I'm borderline about whether I'm too far or not 6 miles from my local but I'm not too fussed at present, trying to minimise the risk of Covid tbh even though my work colleagues don't seem to share my ideals 😢, now I'm back to work I feel bad having to leave my misses to do all the home schooling so it wouldn't seem right for me to just [censored] off fishing 🙄

I can wait til it warms up a bit then hopefully a heavy spring baiting campaign might be on the cards and I can get this 30lber target done 😁

Edited by elmoputney

1 minute ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

No fishing for me I’m afraid-I think Dinton and St Ives might be pushing the ‘stay local’ advise since I’m in Cheshire. And its a blooming long way for a day trip🙄

I could probably get away with St Ives being local 😭 probably only 4 - 5 miles, I just haven't got a ticket 😂

I've got 3 waters to go at, 

1st is a small intamet water, about 1min drive., 2nd water is the open council lake (but as its free probs be rammed) about 5mins..3rd is my members water about 5 mins in opposite direction... 

Just got car back this morning... Looks like its been in showroom... Clean is not the word. 

Also built a Shire bike shed for extra storage. 

Just been chatting to someone in the industry about taking bait abroad.  As long as your bait supplier has all the correct paperwork in place & you do on the day you can take bait across.  If you don't your bait is confiscated & a fine of 500£ . So its just a question of picking the right company it would seem 👍

One of my local proper carp waters is about a 20/30 minute walk with gear or 10 minutes by bike 2.5ish miles

the other general fishery is a 5 minute walk less than a mile with gear as I used to do it when I was a kid before I could drive lol.

i won't be going this weekend but I am getting to a point where I may need to go 

I have a couple of days work next week instead of being on furlough so may go later in the week if I need to 

if I use boris’s 7 mile bike ride as local I got loads I can go to lol

Both of my syndicates are about 40 min drive, the club water that I like to fish is about 30 mins away and even my local day ticket water is a 10 miles away... and I don’t want to push my luck.... so it getting stuck into unfinished jobs for me...... mind you I can walk to the beach in 4 minutes so if I get real withdrawal symptoms, I will have to get my fork out and dig some lugworm and have a session out with the beach caster... last resort though ...

My waters are only about 5min drive, in fact I’ve just got back from walking the dog around there. It’s looking pretty bleak at the moment, need to get some bait rolled anyway, so might get that done tomorrow. I just can’t fire up any enthusiasm right now. My club just stocked 15 high single/low double mirrors into my larger water, so I might even get a bite when I get back on there! Lol! 

On 15/01/2021 at 16:04, framey said:

One of my local proper carp waters is about a 20/30 minute walk with gear or 10 minutes by bike 2.5ish miles

the other general fishery is a 5 minute walk less than a mile with gear as I used to do it when I was a kid before I could drive lol.

i won't be going this weekend but I am getting to a point where I may need to go 

I have a couple of days work next week instead of being on furlough so may go later in the week if I need to 

if I use boris’s 7 mile bike ride as local I got loads I can go to lol

On 15/01/2021 at 17:02, Choprider said:

Both of my syndicates are about 40 min drive, the club water that I like to fish is about 30 mins away and even my local day ticket water is a 10 miles away... and I don’t want to push my luck.... so it getting stuck into unfinished jobs for me...... mind you I can walk to the beach in 4 minutes so if I get real withdrawal symptoms, I will have to get my fork out and dig some lugworm and have a session out with the beach caster... last resort though ...

On 16/01/2021 at 10:20, ouchthathurt said:

My waters are only about 5min drive, in fact I’ve just got back from walking the dog around there. It’s looking pretty bleak at the moment, need to get some bait rolled anyway, so might get that done tomorrow. I just can’t fire up any enthusiasm right now. My club just stocked 15 high single/low double mirrors into my larger water, so I might even get a bite when I get back on there! Lol! 

I've struggled with motivation recently. Furlough from work is doing my head in, putting me off doing anything. 

Saying that I have put fresh braid on my marker rod, and my pike rods after weeds and mussels fragged it, and respooled my carp and spod rods. 

I don't fancy spending silly money for a day ticket taking the 10minute drive to Suffolk Water park or Hintlesham, and the syndicate is 23miles away. 

I could get the pike rods out on the park lake now its thawed, might do that once the car is MOT'd tomorrow. I can always walk there.