What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I can see from both sides,

yes stop at moment and try to stop the virus spreading by cutting all contact. 

No stopping as it an outdoor activity and can easily isolate alone. 

But, as we've had the most cases so far in past 3 days and rising, I think it should have been done easier for longer. 

I'm mainly seeing it from the side that needs us all to stay at home and just do our bit, nip this in the bud, I want my kids back at school, I want to see my family again,I want to go to work and not be stressed about washing my hands and people being too close, I've lost my dad people all around are losing loved ones, it's time to just shut the front door for a bit and limit the damage, 

It's winter I do like the quiet of winter fishing but a couple of months won't hurt now as much as it would in spring like last year, I understand how important fishing is, and I'll spend the time missing it too but I might just make some hookbaits, tidy up my stuff and make some rigs it will soon pass, I'm gonna Try and do more Joe wicks PE from next week too 😂

Stay safe everyone 

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm mainly seeing it from the side that needs us all to stay at home and just do our bit

Totally agree Elmo. Even if everyone follows the guidelines this will still take many months to get back to anything like normal. If people don't follow the guidelines who knows how long this will go on for? Like most people, I've had about enough already. The sooner this is all over the better. If that means missing the coldest couple of months on the bank then so be it.

I rarely go fishing before march so ok at the mo, it really is time to bite the bullet, if this covid is still around after the vaccine has been distributed country wide, then it will have to be crack on regardless. it is getting to the point of living in a police state, was out the other day with the dog just got back in my car an a copper pulls up and shone his side light straight at me i hit the roof by the time i got the car the idiot drove off, cheeky git stopped right in front of my car and put his side beam on me, I think he must of been able to lip read 😷

35 minutes ago, yonny said:

Totally agree Elmo. Even if everyone follows the guidelines this will still take many months to get back to anything like normal. If people don't follow the guidelines who knows how long this will go on for? Like most people, I've had about enough already. The sooner this is all over the better. If that means missing the coldest couple of months on the bank then so be it.

Me too Day 2 of home schooling it's getting real already 😂

Gonna certainly be a tough couple of. Months, but hopefully some good will come from it, and it will be sorted, we saw the girls teachers this morning while out on our walk, they are really under it at the moment, and deserve a heck of a lot of credit for all they are dealing with, 

Stay safe 

I’ve written to my local MP underlying my mental health issues and how they’ve closed every outlet I had of helping my mental health. Woke up to an email from him this morning. We shall talk later he says, fingers crossed 🤞. I walk about 4-5 miles with my gear to my water. Where is the problem? I fish on my own even tho I’m not supposed to. I’m at least 10 foot from people in most of the swims.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It is back on DAYS ONLY and LOCAL 

I won't be fishing for a while either not worth the risk to me too many people will just be doing what they want and going where they want, I have no problem with people who do it right and follow the rules BTW, 

I’m allready making boilies ready I walk to my local and I’m days only anyway not on the syndicate yet

BA51261F-BF4B-442D-8D06-03AFB14AFBF7.jpeg

EAE302B3-B4F3-4A48-B178-706C47859297.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

If we are on our own an stick to the rules what’s the problem  like I said I walk to go fishing  fishing is my medicine it’s what helps my mental health 😔

I’m saying I’m going fishing it all depends on the local council that runs the park if they say we can fish chances are the park will stay closed to angling but I will go up the mountain pond for a few hrs if that’s the case 

15 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I’ve written to my local MP underlying my mental health issues and how they’ve closed every outlet I had of helping my mental health. Woke up to an email from him this morning. We shall talk later he says, fingers crossed 🤞. I walk about 4-5 miles with my gear to my water. Where is the problem? I fish on my own even tho I’m not supposed to. I’m at least 10 foot from people in most of the swims.

I did the same. 

I know science has proved that outdoors is the safest place to be, perfect isolation. 

Even essential shopping is on the high risk list, a place you are more likely to get infected. 

This is where you get the questions though, what defines local? 

What distance from home is that? 

I still walk Sky around Alton water, a 5mile drive for an 8 mile walk. I couldn't easily walk 8 miles from my flat with her. 

I have SWP, Melton, Bromeswell and Alton within 15miles, and the drive north to my syndicate is 24.

In fact Suffolk Water Park is the same as Alton! 

14 minutes ago, Highy said:

Screenshot_20210107_215229_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.80a5bdf4373d47818dd39938a02b2297.jpg

Amusing thing is I could legitimately go to Bromeswell or Melton, as I need to do some training at work, they are 5 minutes from work. Go fishing for the say, then go in and do my training in the evening.