What's your plans for the new year?

elmoputney

My goals for 2021 stay with the same club try and fish more 2020 has been a bad year for fishing for me. Early 2021 perch and then try for the carp, I'm not setting any targets for myself I'm just going to try and get out more and enjoy it. 😁👍

Also I want to get out on my motorbike more. 🏍💨😁

11 hours ago, finchey said:

My goals for 2021 stay with the same club try and fish more 2020 has been a bad year for fishing for me. Early 2021 perch and then try for the carp, I'm not setting any targets for myself I'm just going to try and get out more and enjoy it. 😁👍

Also I want to get out on my motorbike more. 🏍💨😁

you are right about trying to  fish more and definitely right about riding motorbikes more..... I have a couple of dirt bikes in my ever growing collection of motorcycles.. but it just didn't seem right putting myself at risk by riding offload this year with everything else going on.. hopefully 2021 will be a better year all round.

21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

My 3 goals for next year 30lb + carp and to catch more than 13 from the big lake, both are gonna happen 😜😂😁😍👍

And the big one got to lose weight and be healthier, I've been feeling a bit ill lately I have a phone chat with the docs today about my blood test results, I think that's a sign things need to change currently 21st need to be about 4st lighter I reckon, I'm getting old now and need to start looking after myself properly 😩

I’ve put on 2 and a half stone since the first lockdown mate I’ve been stocking up on pies 😂😂 I’m now hitting 18 stone on the scales, heaviest I’ve ever been. Diet starts after new year, might as well get Christmas out the way first 😂

My plans are to stay at the reservoir and estate lakes. & as seems commonplace loose a bit of weight and stop smoking😏

Goal is to beat my PB (30), although to just start catching carp from the resi would be nice. It's been a bit of a learning curve on such a big water, but I'm enjoying what little time I have had there.. 

Everything considered, things are not too bad for me, I've got a job, my loved ones are OK, I hope the new year is kind to us all.. 

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

I’ve put on 2 and a half stone since the first lockdown mate I’ve been stocking up on pies 😂😂 I’m now hitting 18 stone on the scales, heaviest I’ve ever been. Diet starts after new year, might as well get Christmas out the way first 😂

I'm about the same, I started off the year losing nearly 2 stone then put it all back on and some since, and I think I am right up there with a new PB, this has got to be my no1 goal this year, maybe we could start a fishermans fat club thread where we are all accountable 😁

Just now, Big Bass said:

I should say in that last post I was joking I would like more please lol

carpmaster il try and get a wharf ticket if not then it’s Cefn Maply 

I fished the wharf for 7yrs when it was free had my pb from there have a look at Celtic manor new lakes awesome run fishery who knows may see you on the bank somewhere 

I turned 60 last year and can remember as a kid catching silver eels there it was called east dock.... just waste ground and scrapyards change a bit, I to fished it on and off when it was free. Had looked at Celtic a while ago but never got around to going, il give it a look thanks. Are you from around South Wales way ? 

3 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

I turned 60 last year and can remember as a kid catching silver eels there it was called east dock.... just waste ground and scrapyards change a bit, I to fished it on and off when it was free. Had looked at Celtic a while ago but never got around to going, il give it a look thanks. Are you from around South Wales way ? 

Yes originally from Barry but live up the valleys now 

23 hours ago, framey said:

I’m beginning to come to terms with the next full lockdown after they extended furlough until April it’s deffo going to happen...

anyone had the jab yet?

Not yet but I should be one of the first once they have done the older people. Health worker, over the years I have had all sorts of shots I used to work in what would be called a wet house hostel, but we would never call it that, don't think there are any hostels like that these days, had all the hep shots to work there lot of heavy drug users with the latter stages of HIV and all that comes with it.   

20 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm about the same, I started off the year losing nearly 2 stone then put it all back on and some since, and I think I am right up there with a new PB, this has got to be my no1 goal this year, maybe we could start a fishermans fat club thread where we are all accountable 😁

It’s a struggle aye mate lol

the quest for a big perch has already started. Car loaded up and ready. Finishing my coffee then I’m off 👍

gonna fish for some silvers and send one out on a live bait then dropshot/micro lure for perch.

hopefully get some action. It’s nice not taking kitchen sink, I could probably carry everything in one trip but taking the barrow to keep everything off the ground 👍

1 minute ago, jh92 said:

It’s a struggle aye mate lol

the quest for a big perch has already started. Car loaded up and ready. Finishing my coffee then I’m off 👍

gonna fish for some silvers and send one out on a live bait then dropshot/micro lure for perch.

hopefully get some action. It’s nice not taking kitchen sink, I could probably carry everything in one trip but taking the barrow to keep everything off the ground 👍

Best of luck have a good day mucka 

Well I didn’t blank, caught some skimmers, roach, Rudd, gudgeon and perch. Fished to mid day and by then my girly little hands had had enough of being wet and cold from handling the small fish lol.

I had some nice size gudgeon in the net for live bait but i couldnt bring myself to hooking them on the live bait rod. I used a small roach but even that got the better of me so I let him go 🤦‍♂️😂

12 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Well I didn’t blank, caught some skimmers, roach, Rudd, gudgeon and perch. Fished to mid day and by then my girly little hands had had enough of being wet and cold from handling the small fish lol.

I had some nice size gudgeon in the net for live bait but i couldnt bring myself to hooking them on the live bait rod. I used a small roach but even that got the better of me so I let him go 🤦‍♂️😂

Did you wrap your maggots up so they didn’t cold 😊😊

I suppose in terms of this year I half succeeded against the odds, catching 20lb carp and pike  from Alton water despite Anglian Water keeping it closed for 6weeks longer than lockdown, although losing my ticket after a couple of Eastern Europeans cast over my rods 2 days on the trot and me pointing out very strongly they were in the wrong, was not part of my plans. 

A month on The Wensum after spotting 2 big barbel in an unknown area, but failing dismally in the low flow. 

Then onto the new syndicate in September, which I am still trying to learn. I have had a few pike out from there on a prebaiting trip... 

Goal for next year as always is to enjoy my fishing, catch a few and maybe a Personal Best. 

That goal is becoming harder over the ages, not because fish over 33lb don't exist, obviously they do, but because I prefer to catch genuine grown on fish from British fish farm heritage rather than stocked at 40lb plus. 

I’m hoping to have a day up my local park lake even tho people are walking and running I’ve a feeling it’s closed to fishing but I won’t know till I go as not many fish it in the winter they say it shuts down carpwise so fingers crossed if not it will be st ives Whitchurch is full of crayfish so garlic pop up if I got to go there

have a good Xmas everyone stay safe and be lucky wish everyone the best Xmas possible under the circumstances 

0AB3871A-2C9C-4791-AD4B-AD63672F046E.jpeg