Chester lakes dodleston pool

3 minutes ago, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com said:

Could anyone give me any information on dodleston at Chester lakes please...I'm fishing there tommrow and so was wondering if any of you had fished there before and if so what works best on there ..thanks in  advance 

No idea but they're pleasure lakes so I'd guess you could put pretty much any half decent bait on a half decent rig in front of active fish and you'll catch. The tricky bit will be locating said fish as the water temps are defo dropping.

I see posts like this a lot and I struggle to understand the intent. For me, the act of fishing consists of trying to figure out how to catch the carp in front of you. If you're told how to do that then you've literally avoided the point of our great sport imo. I cannot understand how anyone could feel a sense of satisfaction or achievement from being told to put this bait, on that rig, on this spot, to catch a fish. Carp are not as smart as they're made out to be, use your eyes and they will tell you where they are. Nine times out of ten a bait you are confident in, presented well, will catch them. If it doesn't you need to use the old noggin to figure out why and react accordingly. That's the fun bit, trying to figure it all out. Get rid of that and there is no challenge, what's the point.

I'm not having a dig buddy so please don't be offended by my comments. Get down there an figure it out, that's what fishing is. That's how you learn and improve as an angler. What you learn can be applied to other waters. You'll not learn anything by having guys on forums tell you what works on a given water.

Good luck fella.

Are you for real  get off your high horse course I am going to get down there and have a lead about and try and locate fish ..but it always  pays to try and get a head start on any new water the going bait etc etc  and you do that by asking questions  I'm only there for 24 hrs not a full week where I would have more time to find out  any advantage that can be gained prior  on a short session is a advantage ??? And surely is good angling imo ..never been to a bailiff  on a new water and asked quatiosns have you not ?? ...you obviously are that good a angler you  dont need to and know it all and that much is evident by your obnoxious reply to my question...you must be one sad person you pal to be writing all that and then writing please dont think I am having a go 🤣🤣 and also actualy thinking your better than anyone else to writing all that driblle  ..👍

Edited by Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com

2 hours ago, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com said:

Are you for real  get off your high horse course I am going to get down there and have a lead about and try and locate fish ..but it always  pays to try and get a head start on any new water the going bait etc etc  and you do that by asking questions  I'm only there for 24 hrs not a full week where I would have more time to find out  any advantage that can be gained prior  on a short session is a advantage ??? And surely is good angling imo ..never been to a bailiff  on a new water and asked quatiosns have you not ?? ...you obviously are that good a angler you  dont need to and know it all and that much is evident by your obnoxious reply to my question...you must be one sad person you pal to be writing all that and then writing please dont think I am having a go 🤣🤣 and also actualy thinking your better than anyone else to writing all that driblle  ..👍

Never fished it sounds a tricky water weather gunna kill any hope of catching

3 hours ago, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com said:

Calm down fella , its a 2 acre pond with a booked swim . Not much to say other than use any fishing skills you may have . Sweetcorn and maggots with this cold weather .

On 29/11/2019 at 20:29, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com said:

I was genuinely trying to give good advice 😂

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water....

14 hours ago, commonly said:

No sleep the other night yonny?? How's little fella?? 

All good buddy, he'll be crawling soon, more mobile by the day.

8 minutes ago, yonny said:

Enjoy the pre crawling ..... they soon walk,then talk and generally become a pain in the ars e 🙄🙄😂😂

Enjoy every moment buddy,old cliche but they ain’t young for long 🙄😬😎

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Ha enjoy it that's a real fun time until you realise you can't put them back in the box all of a sudden they are everywhere 😁

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

Enjoy the pre crawling ..... they soon walk,then talk and generally become a pain in the ars e 🙄🙄😂😂

Enjoy every moment buddy,old cliche but they ain’t young for long 🙄😬😎

That is so true my youngest starts school in September absolutely flies by 

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That is so true my youngest starts school in September absolutely flies by 

Yep. My youngest started this September, totally different kid now in the few months. 

10 hours ago, yonny said:

😂

As above mate, enjoy everything.

My grandson (who's of a similar age to your boy) is here, he's crawling and pulling himself up. Constantly jumping out my seat, ready to stop him falling over. These are magical times in their development. 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I've just arrived at the 2nd kids party of the day, an hour of disco then 2 hours of playbarn mania 😁

You got all this to look forward too, the balding and greyness comes overnight 😁

Play barns are amazing....... god knows how my mum and dad coped when I was a nipper !

On 29 November 2019 at 08:51, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy@yahoo.com said:

Could anyone give me any information on dodleston at Chester lakes please...I'm fishing there tommrow and so was wondering if any of you had fished there before and if so what works best on there ..thanks in  advance 

Always nice to introduce yourself...

Welcome to Carp.com.

You may find you got a better reaction if you had introduced yourself and given a brief explanation of your fishing experience.

As Yonny pointed out, go back to basics. Look for the fish, do your thing, be your own angler. I would imagine you can fish two rods, on a new water one rod would be a hi-attract bait, probably the ever-present pineapple pop-up, but I would be changing bait regularly, casting around looking for fish. The other I would be fishing over a small amount of bait, maybe some really dry groundbait, with a couple of free whole or chopped boilies in a PVA bag.

On a day session unless I knew the water responded ok, I would NOT be leading around. Too many casts may possibly spook the fish.

Next thing, don't fire off at other users, you have a tendency to get ignored, or draw my attention, which could be worse...

Yonny gave genuine advice. I simply would not turn up at a new water without knowing something about it. Yes, asking on the internet is great, but nothing beats going around it first and having a look, you can learn loads. The dreaded Facebook can be useful, look at the fishery if they have a FB page, look at the fishery website.

Also, you could ask me (or any other anglers) about a water they are fishing, sorry, on one water in particular, I will not give anything away, my hard work is not for sharing until I know you are putting effort in yourself.

• 4 weeks later...