Particle vs boilie

phil dalts

15 hours ago, phil dalts said:

I know BUT from what I've been told, those who start on boilie never end up staying on em

"Boilies don't work on here"..........

"They don't take floaters on here mate"............

I'm sure, like me, you've heard it all before Phil.

Carp are carp - imo any method, done well, will catch fish on any carp water.

Agree with Yonny. Do what you are confident in and fish well and catch the fish. Someone has done well on particle, everyone else has fished particle ever since. no fish come out on boilies because no-one fishes on them!

"you wont get them to eat sweetcorn or maize in here mate, they dont like yellow baits" I chucked a handful maize in the margin under a snag and watched 5 carp demolish it about 10 minutes after I heard that. 

On 23 September 2019 at 16:37, phil dalts said:

Fishing a lake which apparently does better on particle. Always been a boilie man so thoughts????

Fish with what you fish best with.

On most lakes I have fished I nearly always use particles, especially hemp and corn, not just sweetcorn and maize but pigeon or chicken corn. It can really get the fish grubbing around, even if I fish boilies on the hook. There are times when particles attract bream and tench and they won't let carp feed due to numbers of them but it is rare.

On those lakes I will switch to boilies only.

I listened to an interesting carp cast yesterday with John Llewellyn he mentioned about carp learning about what is best for it's dietary requirements and someone had done an experiment and stuff,  and from that they deduced what's its needs are best met from is a good food source boilie with low level flavours and a good balance of good ingredients so if you feed them enough safe ones they will come, 

It was a good one and it went into baiting techniques and how tight baiting will attract smaller carp and baiting a bigger looser area will attract bigger fish due to there sense of smell as they grow 

Well worth a listen anyway I thought

Edited by elmoputney

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I listened to an interesting carp cast yesterday with John Llewellyn he mentioned about carp learning about what is best for it's dietary requirements and someone had done an experiment and stuff,  and from that they deduced what's its needs are best met from is a good food source boilie with low level flavours and a good balance of good ingredients so if you feed them enough safe ones they will come, 

It was a good one and it went into baiting techniques and how tight baiting will attract smaller carp and baiting a bigger looser area will attract bigger fish due to there sense of smell as they grow 

Well worth a listen anyway I thought

I used to fish with john on my old syndicate,  nice fella. His bait is more orientated towards the European market, don't hear much about it over here, well at least I certainly haven't.  

16 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I used to fish with john on my old syndicate,  nice fella. His bait is more orientated towards the European market, don't hear much about it over here, well at least I certainly haven't.  

It was s really interesting podcast and he seemed a nice guy tbh 

I am not sure he is still doing his bigcarp baits tbh the website didn't look that up to date anyway 

Well, 2nd trip on new lake. Had one on boilie, one on solid bag with liquids and pellets. One on particles, guess which went! Particle! Typical! Can't show pic as them the rules! 

Yonny,Greekskii,  yes I totally agree with what you say. But after speaking again to a couple of regulars who have not caught in their last 4 trips on boilie approach. They are fed twice a week on pellet n maize. It's what they're used to a consider it a safe feed I guess?

Put some more of my concoction in tonight ready for a day sesh Saturday.

We shall see...