Bristol Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've decided to get in to carp fishing recently as I slowly approach 50 and need to get out the house more to get away from the kids.

I've spent some infrequent times bass fishing over the last few years but decided I need to find some places to fish locally. I used to fish the canals back in the early 80s in Manchester but now trying to find some westcountry waters.

I've been watching YouTube to try and learn what I can and then applying it to my sessions but I still have some newbie questions. 

Cheers

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hey Lorez, sounds very much like myself, used to fish allot on my youth but taken it up again this summer... 

I’m nr Newport and work in bath, so likely fishing some of the carp fisheries you will find. 

So far it’s been good, I frequent two lakes the most Cafyn Mabley and another I can say or spell! Lol yastrid Munich or something, double Dutch to me to be honest, but both have yielded a mix of common, ghost and leather carp up to 10lb in weight, so I’m on my way! 

Next I’m gonna fish the Main lakes in these locations, get myself a cradle and develop my technique, it being winter probably a good time to experiment with rigs and approach..

malc 

Edited by Mal.C