Beacon View Fishery Appley Bridge

45 minutes ago, pablo7uk said:

That's a shame, I always enjoy waters that have features and points of interest. Just makes the whole experience a little nicer 

There us a sunken island what the sticks are on but hardto find...only features ate the margain reeds and the horrendous drop off slope about 3ft from bank

On 18/08/2019 at 15:59, Highy said:

.then 6th September wife goes to Tenerife...so i be on EVERY day while kids at school too...load car..drop off at school ..fish till 2.30...same routine for 1 week.

I'm off work for 3 days myself that same week so I'm going to be on Fanlodge for 2 full day sessions, I'll be doing first light till 4ish myself. 👍👍

I'll be on Tuesday and Wednesday. 👍

Edited by finchey

4 minutes ago, pablo7uk said:

That's disappointing to hear, fisheries should look natural and 'grown in' in my opinion.

How did the day finish up? Any more?

Its an ok place but while i was there i spoke to a few other anglers and since the Sturgeon have been taken out not many fish now...no one has heard of a carp in there over 16lb...

Was only the 3 Bream and 2 Carp...ive tried the place but dont think i will be back...

I'll stick to Fan Lodge and my 24hr Fishing lake (Mere Lane)

27 minutes ago, Highy said:

Its an ok place but while i was there i spoke to a few other anglers and since the Sturgeon have been taken out not many fish now...no one has heard of a carp in there over 16lb...

Was only the 3 Bream and 2 Carp...ive tried the place but dont think i will be back...

I'll stick to Fan Lodge and my 24hr Fishing lake (Mere Lane)

There are some bigger carp in there 20lb plus I haven't seen them caught but they are definitely in there, I went for walk around there last year when they were spawning and they are definitely in there. 👍👍

17 minutes ago, finchey said:

There are some bigger carp in there 20lb plus I haven't seen them caught but they are definitely in there, I went for walk around there last year when they were spawning and they are definitely in there. 👍👍

Proba ly is 1 or 2...but Dont think i will be going back any time soon...

38 minutes ago, finchey said:

in this part of the UK kids are usually free or a couple of quid

A couple of quid.... 3 quid..... I don't think an extra 100 pennies makes mush of a difference.

I am not trying to disagree or anything buddy but I think any business charging 3 quid a day for kids and/or adults doesn't deserves to be called rip-off merchants. In this day and age 3 quid for a day out is pretty good if you ask me.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

A couple of quid.... 3 quid..... I don't think an extra 100 pennies makes mush of a difference.

I am not trying to disagree or anything buddy but I think any business charging 3 quid a day for kids and/or adults doesn't deserves to be called rip-off merchants. In this day and age 3 quid for a day out is pretty good if you ask me.

Fair point but if I was taking myself and three kids fishing for the day 24 quid plus bait It isn't that cheap, but if it was 2 quid per child it does make difference to a lot of people. 👍

Or free like Highy said even more differance. 👍 

Edited by finchey

• 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, Sue Sutcliffe said:

Hi

Just to let everyone know who has fished in the past and recently that

Beacon view Fishery is now under new ownership and all are welcome 

Please see our new facebook page 

beacon view lake

Regards

Hi, 

This used to be 1 of my local places to fish, I'm only 5 mi drive away.... Are there any changes to the fishery? 

Also, can't find on Facebook, have you got a link? 

Edited by Highy

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi, 

This used to be 1 of my local places to fish, I'm only 5 mi drive away.... Are there any changes to the fishery? 

Also, can't find on Facebook, have you got a link? 

Search for beacon view lake and you'll find it mate.👍 the price has gone up a bit since I last went don't think I will be bothering myself. Mirrors and commons to 30lb I think that's being a bit optimistic myself. 🤔 

7 hours ago, finchey said:

Search for beacon view lake and you'll find it mate.👍 the price has gone up a bit since I last went don't think I will be bothering myself. Mirrors and commons to 30lb I think that's being a bit optimistic myself. 🤔 

I can't find no Facebook page, just the same pages I've seen before.... Saying Contact Graham but that's who sold up, being flood lit, £6 for 2 rods, Carp to 22lb is more realistic.... 

No Facebook though.. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

I can't find no Facebook page, just the same pages I've seen before.... Saying Contact Graham but that's who sold up, being flood lit, £6 for 2 rods, Carp to 22lb is more realistic.... 

No Facebook though.. 

It's there mate beacon view lake not fishery. I've been on it.👍