The Bankside Diner what's on the menu??

elmoputney

I thought I would start a little thread abiut bankside fine dining :)

I had doner kebab flatbreads last night and they were yummy 

Ingredients 

Morrisons frozen kebab meat 

Flatbreads 

Crunchy salad and 

Hellmans chilli garlic sauce 

Just fry the meat and bang it all in the flat bread yum, best served with a nice ale adnams ghost ship for me last night 

I didn't take a pic as it was dark but I may have one for lunch so will do then 

What do you guys like to munch on the bank 

Edited by elmoputney

On 15/08/2019 at 09:11, elmoputney said:

Very healthy nick

I think I am still going through the teenager out night fishing phase just had sausages in cheese topped baps for breakfast 😁

Not always so healthy, bacon sandwiches on Tuesday lunchtime, although porridge for breakfast was a bit better. (Prepared and eaten in saucepan).

For a session of a couple of days, I can keep a pint of milk in my coolbag, although I do have to have goats milk.

Ages ago we had a Bankside recipes thread, I do still like decent cooking when I'm fishing. I can't live on Pot meals, and 2/3nights  is roughly what meat keeps for in the bag. Onions, peppers even mushrooms will last that.

32 minutes ago, harpz_31 said:

chicken and mushroom pot noodle sandwich

sausage cheese and beans toastie

bacon and brown sauce sarnie

cheesy puffs

I feel a bit better now at least I had a little salad In my kebab :)

35 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Not always so healthy, bacon sandwiches on Tuesday lunchtime, although porridge for breakfast was a bit better. (Prepared and eaten in saucepan).

For a session of a couple of days, I can keep a pint of milk in my coolbag.

Ages ago we had a Bankside recipes thread, I do still like decent cooking when I'm fishing. I can't live on Pot meals, and 2/3nights  is roughly what meat keeps for in the bag. Onions, peppers even mushrooms will last that.

I think its probably a good idea to eat well I feel quite sluggish today luckily I don't feel like I am doing too much wrong, just need the carp to appreciate that :)

I'm almost ashamed of my eating habits on the bank. The most extravagant meal I have is a bacon sarnie or a cheese/ham toasty. These exquisite meals are normally supplemented by chocolate and crisps.

Tbh I don't eat much at all on the bank. My appetite, which is normally pretty good, just goes out the window when I'm fishing for some reason.

3 hours ago, harpz_31 said:

chicken and mushroom pot noodle sandwich

That made me chuckle. My kind of meal lol.

The Ridge monkey sandwich toaster , what a fantastic piece of kit , cook anything in them and to think they were around in the 1940s ,not by ridge monkey though 😁 and I only discovered it a few years ago /

Generally though I have a fry up in the evenings , Beans ,Bacon, Eggs ,Sausages/Burgers  all in a large frying pan ,which I also use as the plate  

IMG_2110.jpg

21 hours ago, dayvid said:

The Ridge monkey sandwich toaster , what a fantastic piece of kit , cook anything in them and to think they were around in the 1940s ,not by ridge monkey though 😁 and I only discovered it a few years ago /

Generally though I have a fry up in the evenings , Beans ,Bacon, Eggs ,Sausages/Burgers  all in a large frying pan ,which I also use as the plate  

IMG_2110.jpg

that's my kind of fishing food got a ridge monkey sandwich toaster myself looked on youtube and the stuff people cook in them is amazing I just need to be more adventurous 

Frozen meals, if I cook a stir fry, stew etc at home I'll freeze it in a plastic tub and take it fishing with me, put it in a sauce pan on really low heat and raise the heat once its not a solid block anymore, maybe and a teaspoon of water.

if not, cups of tea and biscuits as snacks, Poridge for breakfast and pot noodle for dinner.

I used to cook proper meals on the bank but the washing up drove me mad lol

• 3 weeks later...

On 16/08/2019 at 17:47, jh92 said:

Frozen meals, if I cook a stir fry, stew etc at home I'll freeze it in a plastic tub and take it fishing with me, put it in a sauce pan on really low heat and raise the heat once its not a solid block anymore, maybe and a teaspoon of water.

if not, cups of tea and biscuits as snacks, Poridge for breakfast and pot noodle for dinner.

I used to cook proper meals on the bank but the washing up drove me mad lol

Steak and peppers and a nice red wine .....tops !!!!!

20190602_192703.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm still trying to eat healthily on the bank, although I do drink far too much real coffee. 

Breakfast, a proper porridge and tonight's offering is couscous with stir fried lamb, onions, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, black pepper and coriander. 

IMG_20201116_170818.jpg

Well tomorrow night I am doing lamb rogan josh with toasted coconut jasmine rice and peshwari naan 

I've got some adnams ghostship and a couple of sachets of horlicks instant malty goodness, 

Just add carp and I'll be a happy bunny 🐰🐇

And proper channel island whole milk for a special creamy brew 😍

Edited by elmoputney