Carp n cats

Teo

Hi,

I was just wandering what baits i should use on a lake with cat and carp, I would like to catch a catfish but I also would like to be in with a chance.of catching carp (saving a blank), also would my korda  ntrap soft coated hooklink with a size 5 curve shank hair rig work?... It will be tied to an inline lead with silicone tubing, thanks!

Also any advice on hair length and hooking length would be appreciated. And where catfish like to hide!

Many thanks, teo

Edited by Teo
Spelling

For catfish, personally I would avoid mono or fluorocarbon hooklinks, and go to coated or plain braid, although plain braid will get plucked. 

Length I would probably look at 150-200mm long for rigs, with around 20mm from hook to bait on hair.

Bait for cats is fairly simple, 20mm pellets, 2 or 3 on the hair, gives you a chance of both species, as will any fishmeal boilie.

As stated, if you are using bolies then a stinky fishmeal would be best... something with crab in it????

Or a lump of luncheon meat. Tasty to both carp and cats.

One of the reasons we don't use fishmeal baits on our water is the fact that there is a massive Cat in there, along with a few Pike and Eels.  We try to avoid those.