should i get a load of different bait?

pukkacarp

Hi lads i was wondering if too much variety in your baiting approach would be a bad thing because i'm thinking of buying loads of different stuff in bulk ie 3-4 different kind of pellet 2-3 different boillies, hemp, maize, corn, maple peas, chick peas, tares, maybe a few more things i cant think of right now (any suggestions welcome) im of the thinking that as long as i don't choose too many strong scents it wont be too much of an overload to the fish senses 

Most of my late spring to autumn fishing (unless baking hot) revolves around spodding a lot of particle. Hemp used to be quite cheap years ago but the price has gone up a fair bit so I just bulk it out with pigeon conditioner mixes and frozen sweetcorn which is a lot cheaper (and environmentally friendly!) than tinned corn. If you are using pellet as well, don't add it to the spod mix or else it will turn to a mush, add to the spod just before casting. I make up some groundbait to plug the spod (don't get on with spombs) and use the excess liquid from the mix to bind it which increases the attraction. I was fishing a local lake a few years ago and the liquid level in the bucket was a bit high so I tipped the excess into the margins, a few minutes later several carp were charging around searching for the source of the smell. So I would just soak it all for 24 hours and boil for at least 20 minutes and go for it. I went yesterday and my spot was like a boiling couldren as they were definitely on it and had a 19-10 on plastic corn.

I think there no problem mixing diferent bait, i do it too but with a slighly diference... I don't mix diferents types of boilies.

My recipes takes some wheat, hemp, bird food, a bit of sweet corn, some pellets (various sizes) and boilies (a bit of crumble + chopped boilies), but just with one type of boilies. I do it to try the boilies, and always fish with the same boilies i baited.

In long sessions (24hr or more) I would mix more than one type of boilies just to try to see what boilies work better in that water. Add chopped boiles and a bit of crumble of 2 or 3 different boilies to the mix, bait an area and cast to there, trying one diferent boilie on one different rod.

I like to mix my loose feed usually a couple of kilo of mixed pellet a half bag of hemp i think they are two kilo bags i buy a half bag of frozen corn and a kilo or two of boilies. I think it is silly for me to put just boilies in the lake as it means getting out less often, I would happily mix different brand boilies in my spomb mix, if they were free. I doubt jim shelly would be putting out 50 kilo or more a week if he was paying for it, probably still catch the same fish too. 

Different boilies, pellets and particles always work well. I use Nash instant action monster crab, instant action crab and krill and coconut creme all at the same time, if carp don't want the fishmeals then they will eat the coconut cremes, meaning that they will still feed. I use chickpea, sweetcorn, maize and hemp as well, this, in my opinion, creates the best feeding response as No matter what the carp want, it should be there. I also like to fish a pva into this as I want to make sure my bait is presented well so I use a bag of 2mm pellets.

I think that it should confuse pressures carp and they should trip up as it looks like many anglers have just dropped different baits in as they leave, and the different boilies have different breakdown rates and scent trails, making sure that all levels of the lake have attraction drawn to them for a prolonged amount of time.

I'm the end it's just down to what your confident with though :)

23 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've decided I catch too many bream if I use particles and pellets, i am thinking of going boilies only I may use some particle for prebaiting though then just boilies while I fish, I've still got a lot of particle in the freezer so I need to clear it out 😁

Agree, ditch the pellets/particles and get some tigers in there with your boilies. It won't stop the bream (nothing will) but it should help slow them down.

6 minutes ago, yonny said:

Agree, ditch the pellets/particles and get some tigers in there with your boilies. It won't stop the bream (nothing will) but it should help slow them down.

Funny you should say that :)

I am on operation clear out particles this week, I have a plan to spod all that out tomorrow and fish it Wednesday,there are tiger nuts in there amongst other goodies as I have a theory I'll know where the fish might be and they should pass this a few times en Route if not the robo bream will soon clear it for me and then just a few boilies on each bait Wednesday, little n often, will put a couple of spombs on the spots I've already found also just incase someone else is fishing round there but it's been pretty quiet lately so fingers crossed 

15656226337644885553983318095858.jpg