Cheap Fishing Bait

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Retrobaits are cheap not used them myself though but I seem to remember someone on here recommended them

May have been me I'm using them at the moment very good baits , price and service . There are aa good number of quality bait firms now though .

@Macca187 what area are you based , you may have a bait company on your door step .

41 minutes ago, Macca187 said:

I'm from the north west, Wirral 

I’ve used particles and pellets from AA Baits for years,always been top quality,I’ve never used there boilies tho so can’t help you with that one. What waters are you fishing in the area,mate. 

47 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

I’ve used particles and pellets from AA Baits for years,always been top quality,I’ve never used there boilies tho so can’t help you with that one. What waters are you fishing in the area,mate. 

Tbh mate I've only just started I've been brickworks few times and overflow 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Have you tried the nutty narna? 

I haven't no  , I use the Shropshire gold and Meaty garlic  . Not keen on the wafters as they are cork dust ones but the pop ups are good .

Great service as well  , I'm sure they would send you a few samples if not let me know what you want to try and I'll add some to my next order and send some samples over to you to try . 

12 minutes ago, oscsha said:

I haven't no  , I use the Shropshire gold and Meaty garlic  . Not keen on the wafters as they are cork dust ones but the pop ups are good .

Great service as well  , I'm sure they would send you a few samples if not let me know what you want to try and I'll add some to my next order and send some samples over to you to try . 

Thanks for some reason Ive wanted to use a banana bait for a while, and also everyone nowadays seems to be using 2 types of boilies rather than just one it seems like I may be missing out only using one ,but I am quite happy with the bait I'm using at present tbh just wondered if you had tried it I may get some at some point but I know the fish I want to catch seems to already like the bait I am using so I am not going to switch now 

6 hours ago, oscsha said:

My mate does a bit of testing for Retro,he really rates the Shropshire gold it’s had a fair few hits on my local as most of the anglers are on there baits. He’s off to France with the owner soon and it seems a well run honest firm,I’ve knicked a few pop ups off him and had fish on them 😬😎🎣

9 hours ago, Macca187 said:

Tbh mate I've only just started I've been brickworks few times and overflow 

Don’t know the places,sorry. But you are on AA Baits doorstep they do a decent range of pellets and I’ve had plenty in the past on there pellets hookbaits and bag mixes. 

4 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

My mate does a bit of testing for Retro,he really rates the Shropshire gold it’s had a fair few hits on my local as most of the anglers are on there baits. He’s off to France with the owner soon and it seems a well run honest firm,I’ve knicked a few pop ups off him and had fish on them 😬😎🎣

Thinking of using Gold for my French trip early October stevo . Mick got it down to 4.50 k on 100k order . Going to phone them & see what they can do looking at the squid & octopus as a bit of a mixture too as it seems to have ingredients I have full confidence in . 

9 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Thinking of using Gold for my French trip early October stevo . Mick got it down to 4.50 k on 100k order . Going to phone them & see what they can do looking at the squid & octopus as a bit of a mixture too as it seems to have ingredients I have full confidence in . 

It’s Dave who came Horseshoe with me who uses it he gets its quite cheap he smashed linear last year on the gold 3x30,s I think and quite a few back up 20,s and I think he’s on the squid & octopus atm. 

5 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

8 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Yes though it was Dave ... good to hear stevo I'll get an order in next week as I need bait for the boys trip to blakemere too , if they match micks price I'll probably order 50k of each. 

Looks similar to the cov gold if the gold part is the haith's robin gold,   I certainly like using it it's one of those baits that brings hunger pangs on when using it, 4.50 a kilo is an awesome price i'm paying 7.50 a kilo but that is buying one or two at a time, the wafters and hard hookers that match are quality as well. 

I have been soaking some wafters in a tuna extract liquid for a couple of weeks then as they dry out giving them a coat of GLM powder, the powder hardens on to the bait nice taking time to dissolve in the lake.

On 03/08/2019 at 13:16, salokcinnodrog said:

Welcome to Carp.com.

As others have said look in local animal feed stores for pellets, chicken corn, Vitalin even pigeon conditioner.

Failing that ebay is a good source for things like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GardenersDream-Mixed-Poultry-Corn-Deluxe-Feed-For-Chicken-Geese-Duck-Seed-Food/254211112564?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Soak it in a bucket with boiling water for 24 hours, boil and its ready to use. Mix in with some Vitalin and you have a very good groundbait.

Boilie wise there are plenty of good makes out there. Depending on what you want a food source or an attractor bait you have a massive choice.

For boilies you could try Rod Hutchinson who do deal direct

https://rodhutchinson.co.uk/bait/

What pellets should you look for, and would the rest just need normal particle preparation (pigeon conditioner)

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:38, carpyian said:

https://www.aabaits.co.uk/                 look here mate in Birkenhead 

might have a look at their pineapple & n-butyric, used to use pineapple years ago with good results but it seems to have fallen out of favour.

always looking for something different to what everyone else is using.

Fairplay to Retro Baits... did the 4.50 k price , also going to open up especially for me as that's a pick up price only . So going to pick 20 k up on the way to fish with the boys,  then 80 k up on the way home  for France.  Both times opening up for me out of hours . Can't ask for better service than that,  so hat's off to them . 😎

On 04/08/2019 at 06:15, snowmanstevo said:

26 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Fairplay to Retro Baits... did the 4.50 k price , also going to open up especially for me as that's a pick up price only . So going to pick 20 k up on the way to fish with the boys,  then 80 k up on the way home  for France.  Both times opening up for me out of hours . Can't ask for better service than that,  so hat's off to them . 😎

I can't fault them for quality or service , what did you go for in the end ?