August catches

muftyboy

I'll start off this month if I may.

Went done to my guesting place yesterday armed with a tin of hemp and a couple of pints of maggots and my float rod.

Ended up with 2 tench and 3 carp.

21lb and just shy of 25lb.

Epic battle on the float rod for over 30 mins with both , got weeded up numerous times.

Proper thrilled to land them.

The other carp was a small double.

20190731_185534.jpg

IMG-20190731-WA0055.jpg

20190731_185543.jpg

Edited by muftyboy
Photo

Unbelievable find  Awesome stuff . Quality fish all round mate those tench are a bit special too..... I reckon there will be some really big stunning carp with the tench running to the size they do. 

Look forward to seeing how it all pans out for you bud .... certainly hit the ground running 😎👍

summat to put a smile on me boat.... yesterday morning I was driving home from the tackle shop and the front started behaving a bit funny and pulling to the right... I pulled over and the offside disc was red hot.... limped to the garage and left it in their hands.... my planned trip to Laundry lake was fast disappearing up the pictures, but James, my Young Apprentice offered to pick me up and this morning we headed out to Thoby Wood instead.....

well apart from 1 large bream (about 5lbs or so ) things were fairly quiet up til about 1 pm, when I got a call from the garage.... the car was fixed, new caliper, front disc and pads.... £304 later inc vat and labour & I'm hyperventilating as we've just lashed out £4.5k on a new-ish car for SWMBO... I calmed down a bit and we were thinking about packing up about 2.30ish when the right hand rod screamed off and thus began a battle of epic proportions... it felt

(Gratuitous Rod Shot👍)

20190802_081820.thumb.jpg.5af6cb979cf7e43587ce3aba2c44695c.jpg

heavy ish from the outset and started off sloooow and plodding and then as it approached the net it went totally hatstand, heading towards some roots to my left.... then steamed off into the distance with my clutch buzzing merrily and my knee's knocking... James caught a glimpse and said "Mate it's a lump" and after some more tearing up and down he managed to net it first go.... it looked big a large tail and a large frame and I hoped it would be the one I was after.... sadly not to be... onto the scales and minus the sling went 25lbs 3oz

eIMG-20190802-WA0007.thumb.jpg.55f61e245ccd0bdb193b03ec99651d39.jpg 

Chuffed to bits is how I'm feeling at the mo and it sweetened the bitter pills of the two huge bills of the last few days

13 hours ago, yonny said:

You must be buzzing mate. Well done.

The thought of what might pick up your hookbait next.....😯🐳

That's it mate, it's the surprise element that makes it .

One thing I have learned is that there seems to be very little in the way of nuisance species so maggots could be a real winner for the carp.

It's just timing it right with regards to the fish being present in the little area that I can access.

On 02/08/2019 at 22:05, muftyboy said:

That's it mate, it's the surprise element that makes it .

One thing I have learned is that there seems to be very little in the way of nuisance species so maggots could be a real winner for the carp.

It's just timing it right with regards to the fish being present in the little area that I can access.

If there is nothing of nuisance fish,mufty........ give it large with maggots 

111BBE23-E998-4E67-9203-F798CEFBB7E7.png

7 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

This is what fishing is all about for me. A neighbour had her grandson out for a visit. He is keen on fishing but never catches much. I offered to take him to a local lake to see if we could catch him his first carp. Mission successful.

alex's carp.jpg

This is what its all about...love it when i take my lad...loves constant action of Roach, Perch, Small Carp but when he hooks something bigger you can see the Buzz in his face 👍👍

13 hours ago, Machali said:

Well, if you are allowed to catch and eat, you can catch them, eat their flesh, and boil the rest of the body in water when boiling your boilies :)

You have to understand Mach that this is France and they have a different attitude to regulations. For example it is illegal to drive your car without a breathalyser but there is no punishment if you don’t. In fact I think the AA in England is the only place you can buy them now. I was read the riot act (but with several garlic shrugs) by a garde de peche when he caught me with a bucket of live crayfish. And this is what he told me.

They are a great carp bait, live or dead, and excellent when mashed up and mixed in with your ground bait BUT this is illegal (garlic shrug). You can only catch them with a rod and line (max 4) or a balance (max 6). The latter is a short 2 ringed keepnet that you bait and lift out when a cray goes for the bait. Any other method is illegal including catching them by hand. You must have a fishing licence (costing nearly €100) to catch them

Returning a live cray to the water or taking them home alive is illegal and liable to a fine of €20,000 (no garlic shrug but a very serious frown)