I think it's obscene to be honest.... when I look back on my old shift work days... slogging me nuts off for £200 sovs a week for a 3 shift rota... I KNOW I worked harder per day, than Bale does a week... admittedly he can kick a ball a bit, and I can't.... but I bet he couldn't even spell "Hazardous" let alone run a shift in a solvent coating plant....😋

But ever since Sky got involved with the Premier League, wages have sky-rocketed... too much money in sport as a whole to be fair...

what pee's me off is I pay for the sports channels on my VM contract and I can't even opt out of the footie channels to bring my subs down... as Stevo says folks get hit in the pocket all the time

Edited by bluelabel

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

Man gets paid 660k a week to kick a football while low/middle class people go out and work silly hours

Didn't Bale come from the working class lol?

10 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

ever since Sky got involve

Yup.

I couldn't care less how much Bale gets paid, fair play to the fella imo, but I hate what money has done to the game itself. The Prem is Micky Mouse now, no loyalty, no pride, all about money, and the Championship et al is following suit. I was bought up a football fan, I loved it. But the game is no longer what I once loved.

I don't even watch MOTD any more. It's a real shame.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Didn't Bale come from the working class lol?

Yup.

I couldn't care less how much Bale gets paid, fair play to the fella imo, but I hate what money has done to the game itself. The Prem is Micky Mouse now, no loyalty, no pride, all about money, and the Championship et al is following suit. I was bought up a football fan, I loved it. But the game is no longer what I once loved.

I don't even watch MOTD any more. It's a real shame.

No idea mate I don’t follow the sport at all, all i was getting at was footballers get paid a ridiculous amount to play football while people who graft, put their life’s on the line, save people’s lives all earn peanuts compared to them and it doesn’t seem fair at all.

i don’t blame the footballers though, id do the same if I could lol

I agree with whats being said but the pay structure is not just in football its straight across the board for the lucky few that's just the way its is I don't like it when there people out there who do remarkable jobs for buttons and don't get the credit they truly deserve but as ive said if I would of been a good enough footballer I would not be saying no just pay me buttons id be taking it with both hands wide open like we all would 

look at fishing companys what they charge for tackle and yes I take into account the development of the tackle they produce and also the profit they must make but some of them the profit is huge and yet we all still pay it and again if I was in there shoes id be charging the same again as we all would 

Edited by carpyian

3 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's not luck imo.

We all have the choice in what we do, but few have the drive or desire to really succeed imo, in any discipline.

Imo it is very easy to succeed in this country. But most Brits can't be bothered though.

yes I agree with that but you need a certain degree of luck as well all the hard work and desire in the world sometimes is just not enough sometimes you just a bit of luck getting that door opened for you to succeed 

Edited by carpyian

Having been lucky enough to watch Bale a few times in his spurs days, he is an exceptional footballer, he worked really hard every game, he isn't just an average player he has exceptional skill, you don't just get that from kicking a ball about, it took lots of hard work how many kids do you know that get trials or play for certain teams and expect to make it big, quite a few but not many of them ever hit the big time, you have to be the cream that rises time and again, should he be earning that much probably not, but that's the game, he has worked hard so I can't knock him, I can knock the game and what it has become though, the media has turned it into a circus and I've lost my passion for the game but it isn't the players fault its all the leeches that feed off there talent, 

It may be obscene , but thats what happens in a commercial world ,Bale is global comparing his wages to a non global commercial worker is like chalk and cheese two totally different pay structures .

Is the system wrong maybe but what are the alternatives .

26 minutes ago, oscsha said:

It may be obscene , but thats what happens in a commercial world ,Bale is global comparing his wages to a non global commercial worker is like chalk and cheese two totally different pay structures .

Is the system wrong maybe but what are the alternatives .

Sadly I don't know, I guess it's just like how carp fishing has gone, it's not the same niche market it once was many moons ago, I guess we just have to accept changes and embrace it, you can't look back and say it was better in my day, you just have to go forward and find what makes you happy in your angling, either that or just walk away 

I guess I've just lost Interest in Football because I can't justify the cost of going or the cost of sky sports when sadly I doubt I will get time to watch it, kids won over football 

5 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

What team you support Elmo 🤔🤔

Obviously I was biased but when you are spurs fan and a player does this for you right at the end of the game, he was a Match winner that day and all from skills he must have practised again again and again I was in the corner where they celebrated and white Hart Lane erupted that night magical times 

I really rate Bale...... top notch on everything he does and has not had the respect he deserves at Real. His pace and set piece delivery is amazing and when he’s on a charge he’s virtually unplayable....... just hope he doesn’t go UTD 😱😱😱😱

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 

🔥YNWA🔥

• 3 years later...
On 20/06/2019 at 18:18, snowmanstevo said:

I really rate Bale...... top notch on everything he does and has not had the respect he deserves at Real. His pace and set piece delivery is amazing and when he’s on a charge he’s virtually unplayable....... just hope he doesn’t go UTD 😱😱😱😱

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 

🔥YNWA🔥

Interesting to stumble across your opinion years later :) Still, Bale hasn't reached his full potential, in my opinion. It's a shame he lost his best years in Ronaldo's shadow, he could have shown so much more.