June Catches

Yesterday I spent most of the day floater fishing with bread, but at the same time I was stalking the fish, drawing them away from an overhanging snag tree. I watched every fish take the bait, but I was static in one swim. 

I was feeding stale dried bread and fishing half a slice of bread moulded around a cork ball.

I caught, and actually lost count of the carp I caught from the swim, between 5-8lb a mix of commons and mirrors, but it was into double figures.

I did have a couple of carp over chickpeas, sweetcorn and groundbait on the lift float and centrepin with chickpea or sweetcorn on the hook.

Big Dave had a few fish on method feeder but they weren't taking much off the bottom. As for Fossie, he had a few carp to 6lb and a 4lb eel on lobworms.

There were actually a lot of carp caught this week at Bromeswell Lakes, a variety of baits, lobworm, luncheon meat, bread, dog biscuits, boilies, sweetcorn etc.

Best way is regular feeding, regular casting with bottom baits or regular feeding and careful casting with floaters.

The sit and wait with boilies is probably least effective!

http://www.bromeswell-lakes.net/index.htm

Had a pb last night at the secret lake.

not a carp though, there wasn’t any sign of carp but there were a group of tench patrolling in front of where I was so I got the match rod and sweet corn out to try and tempt them.

Hooked one pretty quickly but lost it and I thought that would of spooked them but they were back with 5 mins or so.

The one I caught was 7lb 4oz and was definitely not one of the bigger ones, who knows what surprises this lake is gonna throw.

43 minutes ago, smufter said:

Out for a rare 24 tonight. Thunder storms forecast. Could be interesting 

43 minutes ago, smufter said:

Out for a rare 24 tonight. Thunder storms forecast. Could be interesting 

Where abouts in the country mate, there is some serious rain forecast overnight don my neck of the woods.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

In my experience any water that produces large tench can produce large carp. I would be getting quite excited if I was you mate.

It's all I can think about at the moment mate.

My mate hooked into a very large pike on the retrieve last night,  reckons it's the biggest he's ever seen.

Getting some vitalin delivered today, gonna start doing some heavy baiting in the weedy margins with vitalin and particle.

The middle of the lake is quite clean but it's deep, around 20 foot .