June Catches

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Out tomorrow. Can't wait. Hopefully the thunderstorms they are forecasting will arrive later than predicted as I don't fancy packing up in the rain again......😫😫😫

I've had some of my most memorable captures in thunderstorms, in this pond I used to fish as a kid I found the bigger ones always slipped up when it was a thunderstorm, I caught the pond record 17lb in a thunderstorm on a floater right under the rod tip

16 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I've had some of my most memorable captures in thunderstorms

Me too. Extremes of nature are some of my favourite times to fish, be that massive electrical thunderstorms, big autumn winds, cold spells in the depth of winter etc. I enjoy seeing the extent to which nature can take hold!

Not sure about periods of extreme heat/cold but most others tend to be great for fishing.

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I've had some of my most memorable captures in thunderstorms, in this pond I used to fish as a kid I found the bigger ones always slipped up when it was a thunderstorm, I caught the pond record 17lb in a thunderstorm on a floater right under the rod tip

I expect if I were fishing in the middle of a thunderstorm they'd be a few floaters under my rod tip....

😉

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Cracking fish .... well pleased for you mate  , looks like you've stumbled on something special there bud 😎

I think so mate.

Not knowing what's in there is special in this day and age .

The hardest part is that there really is only one area you can fish from and it only  allows access to about a quarter of the lake.

After losing my last 2 fish to hook pulls ( one a decent carp at the net) I was more than happy when this was in the net doing a quick evening session has stopped my run of bad luck 😱 Still got 20mins to go before it’s home time........ my fingers are firmly crossed 😬😎🎣

A5190724-A273-4996-B452-59B15EFFEDEB.jpeg

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

I think so mate.

Not knowing what's in there is special in this day and age .

The hardest part is that there really is only one area you can fish from and it only  allows access to about a quarter of the lake.

All part of the mystery mate .... couldn't of asked for a better fish to get off the mark with ....quality fish & if that's the stamp of fish in there !!! What a find for you , well pleased for you , deserved too mate & what you've wanted in your fishing for years 😎

3 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

All part of the mystery mate .... couldn't of asked for a better fish to get off the mark with ....quality fish & if that's the stamp of fish in there !!! What a find for you , well pleased for you , deserved too mate & what you've wanted in your fishing for years 😎

There's 2 of us fishing it.my mate went down there this evening and saw another 2 fish.

Every fish I've seen so far has been proper dark, and 20lb plus.

We are both wondering what's gonna happen to make it go **** up lol.

Just need to stop the mozzies, got about another 50 bites from a 5 hour session and was gonna do the whole night on Thursday. 

This is what I've got to work with and I made this swim myself.

20190616_220254.jpg

17 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

One thing we noticed with this fish and a couple of the other commons weve seen is the small tails.

don't know if it's a certain strain in there.