Need a new bait company

17 hours ago, Highy said:

Awsome these Smuft...i use the 15mm Barrels...lad at work (sort of) does the photgraphy when he fishes when he can.

I've just order 5 kg of the VNF to pop into the freezer. Might introduce them to the Cottage on my next trip out, but I'll take a couple of kg with me to France in July as an alternative.

I'm planning on taking their "test bait" with me as my main bait. Catch reports are awesome and I've been assured it will be on general release by the time I go.

25 minutes ago, Lurkio said:

It's been out with the testers for about 3 or  4 months now.

I have been assured it will be available to buy in time for my French trip.

It's getting cracking reviews.

What it gonna be called...

Any more info...fish meal...nutty...milky ??

13 hours ago, Highy said:

What it gonna be called...

Any more info...fish meal...nutty...milky ??

They haven't given it a name yet.... and it's not a fishmeal, that's why I want to take it (trying (trying!!) to avoid the cats!).

It's similar to Plan b with some added attractors apparently....

Edited by smufter

On 31/05/2019 at 11:07, yonny said:

@muftyboy, is there a reason you're after a milk protein mate? Is it because you're worried about fishmeals turning over the course of the week or do you just like milk protein baits?

Only reason being i catch more with milks than fishmeal and last time i went there 2 years ago i ended with 25 fish for the week at an average of over 36lb.

The next best was 11 fish.

34 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Only reason being i catch more with milks than fishmeal and last time i went there 2 years ago i ended with 25 fish for the week at an average of over 36lb.

The next best was 11 fish.

Confidence is everything😉

I've said in the past I don't think fishmeals are the be all and end all, I found a meat based protein as effective on a few waters where fishmeals were supposedly best. In fact on one of them, I know how a fishmeal bait dominated proceedings for a number of years.

One thing I think with milk proteins, they need to be able to be digested. A standard milk protein, just powders, needs an 'active' protease enzyme to break them down or they are no better than other baits.

I'll put this here for you:

"Dairy Protein Digestion: Life in the Slow Lane

• Proteins take longer to digest in the stomach than do carbohydrates, and milk contains some of the slowest digesting proteins.
  • Casein proteins are soluble in milk but form insoluble curds once they reach the stomach, making it hard for digestive enzymes to break them apart."

I know carp don't have stomachs, so their digestion is as it goes through the alimentary canal and intestines.

DT Baits N-Blend may be close to what you are looking for, or possibly Rod Hutchinson Ballistic B

On 01/06/2019 at 08:51, Highy said:

They bringing a new bait out ?

Bit of confusion here I think mate.

It's not XCel who are bringing out a test bait, it's ABS. Sorry, didn't make that clear did I?!!!

My VNF arrived yesterday and it's in the freezer now. If the smell of bait caught fish, this is a winner. Smells absolutely gorgeous to my nose. But it doesn't work like that does it (sadly!).

As I say, I'm going to introduce it to the Cottage starting from next week, as far as I am aware nobody else is on it, so hopefully it might just give me an "edge". But like I say, I'll be taking a couple of K's of it to France with me as back up to the new ABS test bait. It's available to order from 10th June so I'll be phoning them and ordering sometime next week.

Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by smufter

5 minutes ago, smufter said:

Bit of confusion here I think mate.

It's not XCel who are bringing out a test bait, it's ABS. Sorry, didn't make that clear did I?!!!

My VNF arrived yesterday and it's in the freezer now. If the smell of bait caught fish, this is a winner. Smells absolutely gorgeous to my nose. But it doesn't work like that does it (sadly!).

As I say, I'm going to introduce it to the Cottage starting from next week, as far as I am aware nobody else is on it, so hopefully it might just give me an "edge". But like I say, I'll be taking a couple of K's of it to France with me as back up to the new ABS test bait. It's available to order from 10th June so I'll be phoning them and ordering sometime next week.

Sorry for any confusion.

The new ABS bait has been amazing in testing,so I’ve heard 😬😎🎣

9 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

The new ABS bait has been amazing in testing,so I’ve heard 😬😎🎣

Yes Steve. Reading great reviews on it. I'm going to try it because it's not a fishmeal and I'm trying to avoid the cats in the lake we're going to. I know nothing is guaranteed but in for a penny (as they say)....

😉