Northants beginner

18 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Im in Burton Latimer 👍

I grew up in Isham Vik, 5 mins walk from Burton. We used to fish the Ise (which sits between Isham/Burton) as kids. Used to be some corking chub in there. There's a little pond hidden away to the west of Burton, locked and fenced, next to an old gypo site. It's dug on the site of an old scrap yard. There's some very old carp in there mate, I fished for them a long, long time ago. Used to jump the fence and hide down there. Nothing big but stunning looking fish. I caught all but one of them. Would love to know if they're still there.

Hopefully this link works properly:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Isham,+Kettering/@52.3623683,-0.702318,304m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4877a1dea53a0733:0x5d88afdfd02fa3aa!8m2!3d52.356551!4d-0.7023006

19 hours ago, yonny said:

I grew up in Isham Vik, 5 mins walk from Burton. We used to fish the Ise (which sits between Isham/Burton) as kids. Used to be some corking chub in there. There's a little pond hidden away to the west of Burton, locked and fenced, next to an old gypo site. It's dug on the site of an old scrap yard. There's some very old carp in there mate, I fished for them a long, long time ago. Used to jump the fence and hide down there. Nothing big but stunning looking fish. I caught all but one of them. Would love to know if they're still there.

Hopefully this link works properly:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Isham,+Kettering/@52.3623683,-0.702318,304m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4877a1dea53a0733:0x5d88afdfd02fa3aa!8m2!3d52.356551!4d-0.7023006

the amount of time i've looked at bits of blue on maps and never seen this!! I will defo go have a look mate and see. You'd like to think there is something in there still. 

51 minutes ago, greekskii said:

the amount of time i've looked at bits of blue on maps and never seen this!! I will defo go have a look mate and see. You'd like to think there is something in there still. 

It's only a tiny place. There was one "biggun" in there - a 20 lber lol. It was like my own little version of the mere back in the day. I'd sneak down with a rod bag and an unhooking mat and spend hours there hidden away. Most of my captures came off the top. The water is a horrific colour due to the oil in the ground from the scrap yard. Somehow the weed in there still manages to take over so solid bags and the method was all I could do to present. The lilies were a nightmare too. The gypos chucked all sorts into the lake over the fence that backs onto the water; fridges, washing machines, you name it. Those fish were hardy though, nothing fazed them.

Get down on a hot day and you'll spot them straight away (if they're still there). Any other time and it's very difficult to see anything due to the horrific water colour.

30 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's only a tiny place. There was one "biggun" in there - a 20 lber lol. It was like my own little version of the mere back in the day. I'd sneak down with a rod bag and an unhooking mat and spend hours there hidden away. Most of my captures came off the top. The water is a horrific colour due to the oil in the ground from the scrap yard. Somehow the weed in there still manages to take over so solid bags and the method was all I could do to present. The lilies were a nightmare too. The gypos chucked all sorts into the lake over the fence that backs onto the water; fridges, washing machines, you name it. Those fish were hardy though, nothing fazed them.

Get down on a hot day and you'll spot them straight away (if they're still there). Any other time and it's very difficult to see anything due to the horrific water colour.

hot day like today 😉