May catches

salokcinnodrog

On 28/05/2019 at 10:00, smufter said:

First fish out of White Cottage for ages this morning. 30lb on the nose. ABS Plan b again 

IMG_20190528_090833.jpg

Lovely colouring , Smufter , well done for persevering .

So a 40lber next ? .

Yonny will be pleased you haven't been chopping and changing your bait .

😃

Edited by crusian
afterthought

15 minutes ago, Highy said:

Bit of a stunning carp that Yonny..nice n dark..good weight ?

Yeah it's a bit of a character too which I like. It went 27.06, backed up by a 23.04 torpedo shaped mirror (I'll post a pic in a sec). I didn't think I'd get the chance to fish this spring, let alone catch one, so I'm well happy with those.

20 minutes ago, commonly said:

Did you get them on zigs or S2's?? 

Neither mate, I had them on fishmeal cork ball pop ups.

Normally in spring I'd be using the S2's as singles or using zigs but on this occasion I had the opportunity to bait up the day before so wanted a matching hookbait. As soon as I arrived in the morning I knew it was going to happen, plenty of fish in the spot. Only took an hour before the first rod was away😀

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Neither mate, I had them on fishmeal cork ball pop ups.

Normally in spring I'd be using the S2's as singles or using zigs but on this occasion I had the opportunity to bait up the day before so wanted a matching hookbait. As soon as I arrived in the morning I knew it was going to happen, plenty of fish in the spot. Only took an hour before the first rod was away😀

Well if you're not using your S2's sell them to me please , only 5 weeks on I'm still waiting for my order .

😁

On 31/05/2019 at 17:31, carpepecheur said:

The good thing about crayfish is they make VERY nice eating. I make a crayfish bisque to die for. I put out traps whilst prebaiting the night before a session and then collect them at the end of a session. Today I had a surprise catch.

grass snake.jpg

So what sort of snake is that Carpepecheur . .

😃

27 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

I am told that if they have round eyes they are safe - if they have slit eyes you are already too close!

Either way I feel very uncomfortable when they are about.

I saw a grass snake swimming across my lake the other week, now if I am in that area I am convinced there will be adders around in the long grass