April catch reports

snowmanstevo

So a quick catch report from last night. Not a huge fan of fishing Monday nights but after a week away with the kids I was itching to get out for a quick night. My mate promised steak and vino so that swung the decision for me. I arrived a little later than I’d like at 6.30. He was already set up in a central swim and I was chatting with him for 5 minutes when his rod ripped off. Nice mid 20 common. Jammy sod. Did the pics and went off to the next swim to set up. Returned shortly afterwards for steak,  spuds and garlic mushrooms (keeps the mozzies away!). Just finished dinner when his middle rod went off and a nice 33lb mirror. Had to be pleased for him as he’d cooked the dinner!

Finally at 10pm that magical sound of the receiver and I was into a 30lb simmo. And then at 1.30 this morning a lovely scaley mirror of just over 29lb was landed. 

Great night. And will butter up my Mrs to try and squeeze in a return trip Wednesday night.

Dinner pic included for the foodies..🤣

356953AA-1CBD-4A46-91FB-D3A7C077651C.jpeg

05D0C54B-5D37-470B-918A-65107D964852.jpeg

DB53F171-947C-4A04-95CF-3E2E3A6881AE.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So a quick catch report from last night. Not a huge fan of fishing Monday nights but after a week away with the kids I was itching to get out for a quick night. My mate promised steak and vino so that swung the decision for me. I arrived a little later than I’d like at 6.30. He was already set up in a central swim and I was chatting with him for 5 minutes when his rod ripped off. Nice mid 20 common. Jammy sod. Did the pics and went off to the next swim to set up. Returned shortly afterwards for steak,  spuds and garlic mushrooms (keeps the mozzies away!). Just finished dinner when his middle rod went off and a nice 33lb mirror. Had to be pleased for him as he’d cooked the dinner!

Finally at 10pm that magical sound of the receiver and I was into a 30lb simmo. And then at 1.30 this morning a lovely scaley mirror of just over 29lb was landed. 

Great night. And will butter up my Mrs to try and squeeze in a return trip Wednesday night.

Dinner pic included for the foodies..🤣

356953AA-1CBD-4A46-91FB-D3A7C077651C.jpeg

05D0C54B-5D37-470B-918A-65107D964852.jpeg

DB53F171-947C-4A04-95CF-3E2E3A6881AE.jpeg

Awsome sesh...sounds like you are your mates good luck charm.

Think up my end they are looking like pairing up to spawn now...

On 23/04/2019 at 23:05, muftyboy said:

No mate.

Went down to frant for 24 hours.

Not renewing the park lake ticket this year.

Gonna do a bit of guesting somewhere and the odd day ticket lake or my dads caravan.

Frant looks very nice on the website , would you recommend it Mufty ? .

When you say " guesting " does that entail blacked face and dressed in camouflage gear ? .

😃

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Frant looks very nice on the website , would you recommend it Mufty ? .

When you say " guesting " does that entail blacked face and dressed in camouflage gear ? .

😃

Just dark clothing and stealth mate , like in my old bank robber days😂.

I like frant personally , it gets a bit of a bad press sometimes on social media but what commercial fishery doesnt?.

No monsters in there but a good chance of 20lb plus fish and plenty to go at.

I normally fish lake 7 or 8 as you have to book these.

The cafe delivers the food to your swim and you load all the gear into a transit and they drop you down to the lake and pick you up again.

Some decent perch in there to if thats what you are into.

39 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Just dark clothing and stealth mate , like in my old bank robber days😂.

I like frant personally , it gets a bit of a bad press sometimes on social media but what commercial fishery doesnt?.

No monsters in there but a good chance of 20lb plus fish and plenty to go at.

I normally fish lake 7 or 8 as you have to book these.

The cafe delivers the food to your swim and you load all the gear into a transit and they drop you down to the lake and pick you up again.

Some decent perch in there to if thats what you are into.

" Just dark clothing and stealth mate , like in my old bank robber days😂. "

😉