Jordan457, Carp fishing sponsorship

11 hours ago, Jordan457 said:

Hi i am looking for a sponsership as i go carping every weekend.im allways on the bank im only 15 but i could premote your products and get more people loving your products if so email me coupejordan0@gmail.com thanks

Unless you've banked half a dozen 40's and countless 30's from some of the top waters no one will take any notice I'm afraid. 

Just go fishing and enjoy it. If you start catching regularly and if they are a decent size (30lb plus) then start sending them into the mags ' and see how you go. Sadly every man and his dog wants to be "famous" now and unless you stand out you'll never be noticed. 

Rather than wanting sponsorship at 15 years old, I think I'd be honing my craft  and making sure that my methods etiquette and approach were spot on... join a club or syndi, do some work parties start a rig clinic on youtube and LEARN about fishing,  fish, and their environment... too many kids want it all too soon, and at the end of the day sponsorship is EARNED, not given out like sweeties... sorry if this sounds harsh, but there are thousands like youself and you've gotta go the extra mile to stand out above all the other lads and lasses wanting sponsorship... 

I want sponsorship as well here is my list of things I need 

A few bivvies

New beds and chairs 

Bait loads of it 

Really expensive rods and really expensive reels 

A flunky to pre bait my spots and push my barrow for me 

Carp barrow for my personal assistant

Nike air Max for the "Nash look" 

Lots of expensive day tickets 

And a black edition VW transporter if it ain't black edition I won't be happy 

I need to buy some Instagram followers so will need some free stuff to hand out to them as well 

I need all that stuff and probably more and will happily review anything positively even if it means actually pretending I am using them alongside my proper tackle in the next swim 

If you catch a whacker please contact me on 01838484 3459593 and if you let me have a pic with it, I will give you a kilo of bait from my sponsors 

I sold my soul at an early age and I now have a skewed moral code 

Seriously just go and enjoy fishing you don't have to be on the front of total carp mag every month to be a successful carp angler, just make your own goals and choose your own path 

3 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Damn right there Yonny.... been there, done that... thankfully I saw the light and returned to simply "Fishing"

Yeah I'm also talking from experience mate. I did music technology at uni and got a job with my favourite record label when I finished. I hated it. It made me realise that, as a business, they were just out to exploit those with a love for the music. Killed it for me, the passion was gone. I swore I would never work with something I love ever again. Fishing is a passion of mine and I want it to stay that way.

14 hours ago, Jordan457 said:

Hi i am looking for a sponsership as i go carping every weekend.im allways on the bank im only 15 but i could premote your products and get more people loving your products if so email me coupejordan0@gmail.com thanks

In my advice, getting sponsored is something you have to really earn. If you're looking for free bait you wont get it unless you're catching big fish week in week out from the top waters in the country. If you want cheap bait you need to prove you'll bring in money to the business before you get it. And if you want to test bait, then you actually have to test a bait. It may not work so you may lose out on months of captures, but it's your job to do so. 

As yonny said, don't make your passion your job. It is incredibly hard to live up to the demands of a bait company in any sort of capacity, but you have to earn your keep. It may just be bait to you, but it's a livelihood for the owner of the bait firm so they don't tolerate poor results or not fishing for periods of time.

Back when we really had the fever I wanted Molson Brewery to sponsor Rob and I in the ATC (Austin Team Championship).  All I was after was a banner and some beer, and any help with gas money from Canada to Texas or entry fees would have just been gravy.  I'd still like to do it.

On 13 March 2019 at 19:54, Jordan457 said:

Welcome to Carp.com.

Hmm! The best way to get noticed and get sponsorship is be catching plenty, sending your pictures off to tackle and bait manufacturers, but BE HONEST as to what you caught on. If you get caught fibbing or lying about what brand, you lose credibility very quickly, and equally, speaking from personal experience, you want the company that sponsors you to be honest and ethical.

Even 'no publicity' waters if a company is sponsoring you, let them know you have caught, even if they and you, aren't allowed to publish pictures.

If you want to be writing articles send them to magazines, but sadly an article about a session is not often going to make it, as most are same old, same old. You have to be original if you want to stand out. 

11 hours ago, greekskii said:

As yonny said, don't make your passion your job. It is incredibly hard to live up to the demands of a bait company in any sort of capacity, but you have to earn your keep. It may just be bait to you, but it's a livelihood for the owner of the bait firm so they don't tolerate poor results or not fishing for periods of time.

Been there, done it, fishing was my job as well as my release. Even on my days off, if I was fishing I would still get asked about what worked, best swim on the lake, or moaned at because they didn't catch.

Bait wise I was testing bait, for myself, and making working recipes which I handed over to the bait company. 

One bait, which I was given by the bait company, no matter what I could not get to work. Others I had a direct influence into bait make-up. Some of the flavour combinations I came up with were used, some were made specifically into hi-attract pop-ups, and other food baits I had to give results, which when you are catching is easy. When you are not, it is a nightmare.

The honest answer is enjoy your fishing, don't put yourself under extra pressure to catch.