Specialized hookbaits

13 minutes ago, commonly said:

I was given some corkball s2's from a good Angler I know, he says I should stocking, armamesh it cos its likely to break down/come off the hair?? 

Anyone else had that issue with them? 

P. S. Thought I'd give em a go after reading this thread!! 😎 

Thats the advice I had for the S1s to preserve the fine coating for longer but Im not sure about the S2s which have a different finish.

14 hours ago, commonly said:

I was given some corkball s2's from a good Angler I know, he says I should stocking, armamesh it cos its likely to break down/come off the hair?? 

No mate that's not necessary at all unless you have birdlife pecking away at them (which will ruin any corkball pop up). As long as they're left alone they'll easily last more than 48 hrs.

14 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Thats the advice I had for the S1s to preserve the fine coating for longer but Im not sure about the S2s which have a different finish.

Spot on, the S1's work on a different concept. You really want that coating active/fizzing up so imo you're better off not wrapping them. They say if you wrap in tights the coating will last for 48 hrs but personally I'd just recast every 12 hours to keep that hookbait as active as possible. For 48 hrs + I'd just use the S2's.

6 hours ago, yonny said:

mate that's not necessary at all unless you have birdlife pecking away at them (which will ruin any corkball pop up). As long as they're left alone they'll easily last more than 48 hrs.

I showed my friend your comment yonny. He's been using them for the last 5 years (kept that quiet or I wasn't listening, probably the latter, 😂) he had problems with the s2 splitting on the hair, hence using the stocking.

Do you hair rig or lassoo?? 

We're there those issues a while ago, he's got a few different baits & glug, etc. from them. Maybe the current recipe is a bit more robust do you think? 

1 minute ago, commonly said:

I showed my friend your comment yonny. He's been using them for the last 5 years (kept that quiet or I wasn't listening, probably the latter, 😂) he had problems with the s2 splitting on the hair, hence using the stocking.

Do you hair rig or lassoo?? 

We're there those issues a while ago, he's got a few different baits & glug, etc. from them. Maybe the current recipe is a bit more robust do you think? 

I pierce them buddy. I've been using them for 3 or 4 years and never had an issue. As long as you use a fine baiting needle and take your time you'll be ok.

You now have the crushed cork hookbaits available. I actually prefer them because they're as buoyant as a cork ball, they can be trimmed, you don't have to worry about birdlife, there's more basemix to hold the liquid cure..... really good baits.

• 4 months later...
On 31/01/2019 at 07:45, yonny said:

For sure mate, there has to be something in that.

Put an order in mate , bit of selection . heading over to another lake in France early October ( Poisson Chat free ) this time so thought I would see what the fuss is about . Certainly makes for good reading on there website. 

Come on the big Girls 🇫🇷 🎣