January catch reports

nigewoodcock

Went out for a few hours this morning. The lake hasn’t done a bite since September 13th so was up against it with the little time I had available. The trip was really just to scratch the itch and get out the house for a bit and take advantage of these double figure temps. 

Looks like I’ve found their new Winter holding spot after the last area I was catching from had dried up! 

BB3E8AC3-899F-4F50-940A-30DB97DE5E91.jpeg

E1127855-5DF2-415F-98B8-68B418D5C6A4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

Went out for a few hours this morning. The lake hasn’t done a bite since September 13th so was up against it with the little time I had available. The trip was really just to scratch the itch and get out the house for a bit and take advantage of these double figure temps. 

Looks like I’ve found their new Winter holding spot after the last area I was catching from had dried up! 

BB3E8AC3-899F-4F50-940A-30DB97DE5E91.jpeg

E1127855-5DF2-415F-98B8-68B418D5C6A4.jpeg

It must get boring to keep catching all the time , Nige ? 

Lovely looking Carp as usual .

😁

3 minutes ago, commonly said:

Did you catch it on a zig Nige? 

No mate. I’ve not been able to fish much of late. This was only my second trip since the start of November, both being short day/morning sessions. 

I still try to visit the lake as often as possible, even when I don’t have time to fish, searching for them and keeping up with their movements. This allows me to put a bit of bait in places where I think the fish may be. It’s like I’m fishing without actually fishing. Then, when I do get an hour or two spare, I can try and time it with the time of day I’ve seen feeding activity, making more efficient use of the limited rod hours I get. 

Sure, knowing the lake &the fishes activity must be key. 

I'm looking forward to concentrating more time on the local estate ticket I've had for a few years. There aren't many bigguns, but they are natural British carp. Beauties! 

Giving up the big name syndicate which I haven't been able to put the time in. Owners put the price up £100 in 3 years!! + it's an hour & half drive. 

Do you not tend to use zigs so much in the colder weather then? 

2 hours ago, commonly said:

Sure, knowing the lake &the fishes activity must be key. 

I'm looking forward to concentrating more time on the local estate ticket I've had for a few years. There aren't many bigguns, but they are natural British carp. Beauties! 

Giving up the big name syndicate which I haven't been able to put the time in. Owners put the price up £100 in 3 years!! + it's an hour & half drive. 

Do you not tend to use zigs so much in the colder weather then? 

Best of luck with the new lake mate. It really does make a difference keeping in touch with the lake.

18 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

It's euro fishing.

I'm not normally a gamer but saw it going for £7 download so thought I'd give it a go.

To be fair it's a great game .

So it’s a carp fishing experience without leaving your sofa? How very 2019!😂 is it realistic? Can you hear people hammering in pegs in the distance? Is there a clicky group of camo clad regulars staring across the lake as you cast? Do you wait an eternity for a beep only to have foul hooked the only remaining bream in the lake?

tell me more, I’m tempted!

38 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So it’s a carp fishing experience without leaving your sofa? How very 2019!😂 is it realistic? Can you hear people hammering in pegs in the distance? Is there a clicky group of camo clad regulars staring across the lake as you cast? Do you wait an eternity for a beep only to have foul hooked the only remaining bream in the lake?

tell me more, I’m tempted!

Haven't seen a soul on the bank and I've been getting triple runs constantly.

So not realistic in that sense lol.

It's good to pass a couple of hours away mate.