Last trip of the year

commonly

I've got the green light for an overnighter tomorrow! 

Due to financial reasons I won't be renewing this ticket next season, so I've got a couple of trips to to try & hook one of my target commons. 

Any suggestions to maximise my chances on a quick overnighter?? 

As I'm writing, I'm already kicking myself for not having brought some maggot!! Eerrrggghhhhh! 

Went out yesterday for a Perch or two... caught about a dozen, none bigger than my hand... gave my newly rebuilt Allcocks Wizard a christening along with a Young's Ambidex... floatfished maggot and worm... nowt big but good fun anyway... Happy New Year to all on the Carp Forum 

Had an eventful night...

I took my 7 year old son. We had a nice afternoon, burgers, little fire in a bbq to roast marshmallows.

He was sick at some point, so at midnight when the pike rod went screaming off, I had a little extra in my sliders!!! Nice scrappy pike, launched itself out of the water a couple of times. Had fun & games disgorging the trebles, he did not like my long forceps in his mouth. I thought it best to recover & release him. I'd say he was a mid double. 

Usual interference from the swans & tufftys this morning, but sadly no carp. 

I managed around 15 perch at the weekend in 4 hours fishing.

Biggest probably pushing 2lb but a very good average size around the 1lb Mark.

2 guys fishing opposite were using live baits and had some crackers.

One of them looked absolutely huge from where I was and actually heard him say the weight , 3lb 10oz.

I walked around at the end to have a little chat and they said there biggest was only 2lb 2oz.

Obviously trying to hold a bit of info back.

1 hour ago, commonly said:

Had an eventful night...

I took my 7 year old son. We had a nice afternoon, burgers, little fire in a bbq to roast marshmallows.

He was sick at some point, so at midnight when the pike rod went screaming off, I had a little extra in my sliders!!! Nice scrappy pike, launched itself out of the water a couple of times. Had fun & games disgorging the trebles, he did not like my long forceps in his mouth. I thought it best to recover & release him. I'd say he was a mid double. 

Usual interference from the swans & tufftys this morning, but sadly no carp. 

At least your sliders were warm lol

13 minutes ago, crusian said:

So what , if anything , was mate 3 doing that you weren't ? .

3 mates ? , you're a popular fella ! .

😀

AND guess what...it was mine and mates 2 & 3 first time ar this place...Fan Lodge

We were all fishing nearly same techniques...

All on Pink almond pop ups on ronnie rigs..but my lost fish was on a Manilla White 1 so kept that on Manilla.

I think they were in the deeper water too.

44 minutes ago, Highy said:

AND guess what...it was mine and mates 2 & 3 first time ar this place...Fan Lodge

We were all fishing nearly same techniques...

All on Pink almond pop ups on ronnie rigs..but my lost fish was on a Manilla White 1 so kept that on Manilla.

I think they were in the deeper water too.

Oh dear , didn't you have a second rod to put out  a pink almond pop up on ? .

43 minutes ago, Highy said:

Should have been 4 plus me...but 4th pulled his back out or summat...

Well if mate no.4 didn't go that's an extra 1/4 of a pie for the 4 of you who went ! 

😁