Difference between dwarf and scope

Anyone know the diffenrce  bewteen the scope rods loand the dwarf rods like the look of both the scope tt from try  and the ad cork ones. 

I know there priced differently  and the tt have 50mm butt ring 

Looking at 3.25 on the scope or 3.5 in the dwarfs  as will use them with 3-4 oz leads with a back lead  or a big dead bait

26 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

One of the two are ridiculously dear 😂😂. I'll be honest mate, I wouldn't wanna cast a 4oz lead or a big dead bait at distance on my dwarfs. I can hear the snap from here lol. Great bit of kit but I wouldn't trust them casting big weight at distance. I may be wrong but I really feel the tc label on these rods is a bit over zealous. I've put my 3.5 ten feet against a 2.75 fox rod and the fox rod felt stiffer at .75 less tc. Don't get me wrong I love my dwarfs. I have two sets. One 1.75 I use for all manner of fishing. And the 3.5s I use for carping, sometimes when it's suited to them. Both 10 feet. But for me they suit small water fishing or margin area fishing. Days when I'm on the roam fishing light they are the perfect kit. Even fighting the fish they feel a little edgey at times. Their action doesn't seem forgiving. But they have their use. @B.C. got rid of his cause he didn't like their action and said it felt dangerous playing the fish 

A ok maybe ill aviod dwarf then haha. Shame the scopes are so so much money but the tt ones do look  good. And I havnt heard one bad thing about them and I get the same tc I'm used too  Sonik have done the own  which are same lenght as the scopes so should fit in the quiver the same with reel pouches and there only about 80 quid each. 

But there 40mm rings and   seem rarer then rocking horse tied to find out about 

I'm planning doing dping a few nights on places i shouldnt (nothing illegal though haha)  hence the packdown size being important. Want be as small as possible

Edited by Tree123

22 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I don't think the scopes are much different in the way they handle mate. I'm not knocking them as for me, they have their uses and I use mine regularly. I don't know the build difference between the dwarfs and scopes but I've laid mine next to the scopes and I couldn't see much difference other than aesthetics. Though I'm no expert. I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you the difference. For the type of fishing your on about the 3.5 dwarf are ideal probably. You can pick up a set in good nick second hand relatively cheap on eBay. I just don't like them for distance work or if it's weedy. If you do buy second hand ask to look at the butt caps. They scuff really easy and look battered. I look after mine but I've seen other people's and they look awful. The caps on the dwarfs and scopes are Defo the same material as I've seen both scuffed up.

Yeah not  looking for massive distance.  Makes no sense buying  10 foot rods  if I want distance  haha.  I'll be keeping my big rod for if I go back to big water( but I dont think I will)

7 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Exactly. For a bit of mobile angling I love them. Can't go wrong. 

There's only one lake where i might need to go over 60 yards.  But i  very rarely  go there  and it 'll only take 10 mins to swap my totally over

I'll give them a punt if I dont like them ill  I dont like I'll sell them on and get the scopes.  Will still have to get the scope quiver and reel pouches  as dont think ill be able to fit what i need into the dwarf rod holdall

Edited by Tree123

4 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I crave waters with unknown and uncaught fish , good work mate 

Yeah know that feeling.  That's why I fish the river a lot too.  I used to fish a 120 acre club lake  that only had about  15 of us on it man I miss that water but just can't put the time in now. 

I did one session "gusting" last year but  will be down there loads next season

Edited by Tree123

On 24/11/2018 at 21:27, Tree123 said:

Theese are couple  I had  last year both had the curtains intact.  Not huge but more then likey uncaught and went wild when hooked 

IMG-20180623-WA0016.jpg

IMG_20180623_173740_339.jpg

Purely from an information point of view, having their curtains intact doesn't mean that they're uncaught. I've caught fish that I know for a fact have been caught plenty of times before that still have an intact curtain.

Lovely fish all the same and definitely not trying to detract from their capture.

Owdo chaps... FYI the difference between Scope and Dwarf's are less resin in the Scope rods (lighter but slightly more brittle) and the rod furniture... (lighter rings and fixtures) I have the Dwarf 2's  as my sole carbon setup now (9' 2.75lb ) as for worrying about playing fish on them... stress not, they'll do what you ask of em... I had a 20' on mine in Sept... it never felt stressed.... don't put Dwarf rods in Scope skins... they don't fit  however Scope rods in Dwarf skins do... it's down to the reel position on the rods... the Scope has a slightly longer handle

Big pits look a tad odd on a 9' rod, (that said the Shimano 10000XTE Baitrunner looks okay...) my 9 footers sport Shimano 4000 Aero X Baitrunners... sexy as.... 

As for the rods being fragile.... well I look after me toys and (touch wood and whistle) I've had no breakages yet, despite casting 2oz leads 60-80 yards (I'd be wary of chucking a bigger lead of say 4oz, I reckon that's where the fragility comes into play... you have to alter your style of fishing to match the rods slightly... as I fish smaller waters that don't require a big heave, I'm in the rods comfort zone... I'm on my second set of Dwarfs... I sold the first set on when I saw the new minimalist Mk II's... (fell in love with them)

Tip..... a lot of the breakages come from folks trying to pull line by hand with the reel in freespool mode  with the hand pulling the line down by the reel... this is a no-no for any rod and WILL break the tips on them, also set your drag a little lighter.... just because they are short rods, they are not the bruiser that everyone thinks they are...  take it easy and play your fish carefully... they'll last for years...

Hope this helps...👍😎 

8 hours ago, AndyCh said:

Purely from an information point of view, having their curtains intact doesn't mean that they're uncaught. I've caught fish that I know for a fact have been caught plenty of times before that still have an intact curtain.

Lovely fish all the same and definitely not trying to detract from their capture.

Oh yeah I know it was cool as I've never seen a fish that had it before. I'm call them uncaught as I was fishing a place I shouldnt and a place and never seen anyone else fish 

Just my two pennies,  scopes are all I use these days, haven’t touched my 12fts in two seasons, I don’t dress like Alan Blair and definetly don’t wear nike trainers (Adidas in the summer)  🤣😂

dwarf 2lb 6 foot  played a low twenty from a snaggy margin with no issues at all 

10ft 3lb  scopes are what I now use for most of my fishing, handled my current pb of 29lb again from snags with zero issues.

As for casting capabilities just google terry Edmonds  scope rods and see what you can find I don’t remember the distance but seem to think it was 170 yds on a prototype rod 

plenty of people don’t like nash gear......plenty of people do. Use them and make your own mind up 😉

tight lines 

6 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

I looked and all I could find was him casting 12 foot for Nash? Anyhow if your buying scopes or dwarfs I don't think distance work is in mind.  I like Nash gear. Apart from their reels which feel cheap and nasty. The luggage and innovative ideas they come up with I like. Think a Nash hide is also on the cards. They look the business

I really like my black bps  for money. I dont get the Nash slagging thing personlly none of my Nash gear  has fallen apart. I do think there pricing can be a bit off like the scope large  flat mat that I brought for 85 ish...  done  ok thete bait too both crituz and scopex squid  but went back  to live system

The hide is only good if your about 3foot tall looks far to low but people could say that about the low  pro. I think the pack down 8f the tempset  brolly isn't much different and that's where my money would go 

Deen Nash did 10ft rods how  many flooded the market sonik are realasing there version of scope next month 

I really like my black bps  for money. I dont get the Nash slagging thing personlly none of my Nash gear  has fallen apart. I do think there pricing can be a bit off like the scope large  flat mat that I brought for 85 ish...  done  ok thete bait too both crituz and scopex squid  but went back  to live system

The hide is only good if your about 3foot tall looks far to low but people could say that about the low  pro. I think the pack down of the tempset  brolly isn't much different and that's where my money would go 

Since Nash did 10ft rods how  many flooded the market sonik are realasing there version of scope next month.

There only 2 waters that I might need to hit over 80 yards on  one I dont fish any more   and doubt I will but it has loads of short range options. 

The 2nd us a club lake  but it's always stiched up and that type of fushinf isn't for me now. So thinking about it anyone wanna buy some sk4s haha.

Will  get a 3rd dwarf to as marker if I fish places where cant use braided mainline