November Catch reports

bluelabel

Popped over my club lake yesterday... a nice slog to the top of the lake and I dropped in between two dying off lily beds....

I'd had a bit of luck on this swim earlier in the year with a 14 & 18lb'ers out so I went back with my newly rebuilt Sharpe's and Merlin's and dropped a prawn bait on the edge of each beds.

at about 10 am I poured meself a coffee from my flask and of course the left hand rod ripped off and the coffee went everywhere and I missed it by a country mile...

I rewound and rebaited  and back out it went with a couple of broken prawns and a handful of pellets... At about 11am I saw two fish enter the little bay and the bow waves disappeared as they dropped down onto the channel between the pads... a minute or two later the left hand rod tip pulled round and I lifted into the fish....

All hell broke loose as I tried to keep it out of the lily beds and a couple of big bow waves headed out of the bay at the commotion... I got it in after an edgy scrap and once on the scales went 23lb 6oz... I hadn't set up the phone on my selfie bankstick, so a mat shot it had to be.... what a stunner it was though.....

Well pleased and my 2nd 20 this year... after all my woes with my back the operations and retiring 2 weeks ago it's all been a bit fraught... good to get back in the groove again

20181105_110019.jpg

langfordbridge.jpg

Banked 13 fish last night after arriving at 5 and leaving at 9 this morning. Pulled my rods in at 4am because I hadn't had any sleep and I had work in a few hours. Managed to grab a few hours, woke at 7, got the rods back out and caught the daylight Common below. Safe to say I'm blooming shattered. 

IMG_20181112_072544.thumb.jpg.6d559397105e74fd40b8ae3a8c896e72.jpg

20IMG_20181112_072509.thumb.jpg.dcaa86674a2c9edfbfc2bc4410e5ea13.jpg25

IMG_20181112_072626.thumb.jpg.791018762431a1cf751c19aeb5390f3e.jpg

20IMG_20181112_130910.thumb.jpg.a27f4066abc6e71514facd32b0f55c3a.jpg

Not posted for a while but had some luck on Sunday when I took a mate out for a little social/ knowledge passing session. Had 4 fish up to 17.3lb and lost one that felt a lot better than any of the others (always the way) got absolutely drenched in between the car and the lake too which was delightful 😐! my friend had 3 up to 21lb 1oz ( his be pb) so he had a mega day which pleases me no end 😁 always good to help someone get their pb. 

Top is a couple of my fish and then my mates be pb below 

977D5A6F-E732-44EE-BCDB-1201615547FE.jpeg

E795E0DA-129F-4713-B2E3-1F72DB6701F2.jpeg

14 hours ago, crusian said:

Strewth Ginger you certainly work hard at your fishing , I go fishing to try to relax , but then I don't catch anything like the amount you do ! .

Effort = Reward .....sometimes 😀 .

Yeah this is more active then last lake i was fishing. I dont think i will carry on this venue too long as its a bit to much when it comes to working the next day!

On 13/11/2018 at 06:50, spr1985 said:

Not posted for a while but had some luck on Sunday when I took a mate out for a little social/ knowledge passing session. Had 4 fish up to 17.3lb and lost one that felt a lot better than any of the others (always the way) got absolutely drenched in between the car and the lake too which was delightful 😐! my friend had 3 up to 21lb 1oz ( his be pb) so he had a mega day which pleases me no end 😁 always good to help someone get their pb. 

Top is a couple of my fish and then my mates be pb below 

977D5A6F-E732-44EE-BCDB-1201615547FE.jpeg

E795E0DA-129F-4713-B2E3-1F72DB6701F2.jpeg

All that mud Spr , I hope you kept those cork handles clean ? .

You look frozen , but your friend looks a happy chappy .

Will you be having a Winter campaign down Bayeswater so I can sit in my warm house and follow your progress ? 😁

I just always look a miserable [censored] mate 🤣

mas for bayeswater I have a 48 to sort out with bc at some point and no doubt I shall do some sessions over there, unfortunately fishing has taken a bit of a back seat recently with family and work commitments coming out on top but I’ll hopefully be back in the swing of things soon. 

Mas for the looking freezing I was actually nice and warm despite having been soaked through to the skin......and my mate, p.b I think that says it all 😉

Last week the Mrs decided she wanted to go to a conference this weekend so I got a couple of nights fishing in (brilliant news as I thought my fishing was done for the year). Wasn't looking good when I got to the syndi. Temps dropping, pressure rising.... very wintery tbh. Nothing has been out in at least 2 weeks so i knew I had my work cut out.

I know a cheeky little winter area of modest depth next to an area of very deep water so I headed for the spot (having seen no activity anywhere) and loaded it up with maggots at about 80 yards. Popped a couple of rigs on top and left them there for the duration of the session. The first night was super quiet but I did see signs of fish and for me if you can see activity then they are catchable. The second night was looking a little better and during the early hours I got the take I was hoping for. Nothing big but a lovely chunky little stocky common of 18 lb 8 oz.

I caught this fish in May at 12 lb so that's a mental weight gain - more than a pound a month which for a common is incredible. Looks like it could be set to join the real bigguns in a few years.

No more action but I was happy enough just to bank one when the lake is fishing so poorly.

4 hours ago, yonny said:

Last week the Mrs decided she wanted to go to a conference this weekend so I got a couple of nights fishing in (brilliant news as I thought my fishing was done for the year). Wasn't looking good when I got to the syndi. Temps dropping, pressure rising.... very wintery tbh. Nothing has been out in at least 2 weeks so i knew I had my work cut out.

I know a cheeky little winter area of modest depth next to an area of very deep water so I headed for the spot (having seen no activity anywhere) and loaded it up with maggots at about 80 yards. Popped a couple of rigs on top and left them there for the duration of the session. The first night was super quiet but I did see signs of fish and for me if you can see activity then they are catchable. The second night was looking a little better and during the early hours I got the take I was hoping for. Nothing big but a lovely chunky little stocky common of 18 lb 8 oz.

I caught this fish in May at 12 lb so that's a mental weight gain - more than a pound a month which for a common is incredible. Looks like it could be set to join the real bigguns in a few years.

No more action but I was happy enough just to bank one when the lake is fishing so poorly.

Trust you to winkle 1 out Yonny 👍.

Your Mrs wanted to go to a conference ? , the Stargate Convention at Leicester 😁 ? .