bait boat

1 hour ago, Old school said:

thinking of buying my first boat, what do you folks use and recommend? 

I used to own a waverunner , done the job it was supposed do.

How much do have to spend?

I hired a mk3 microcat when I went to France last year, great bit of kit if you can afford it.

No issues as such the LEDs stay on permanently now , no big deal, occasionally the hopper may not open , but thats due to human error   , water generally comes in if you dont look after the neoprene patches that allow the hoppers to open on the underside , but these should last for years , I replaced them when I bought the boat to be on the safe side , so no problems. I suppose you could get water in where the batteries go but they do make covers for them , I havnt got them on mine though.

• 2 months later...

I can use a boat on my estate waters & this year I'm going to put a bit of time in there. Having been there the other day, I reckon a bait boat will give me an edge. Plus it gets all overgrown and left to nature, so some of the spots that look carpy are impossible to cast to. 

So looking online I've found this at around the £100 mark. Reviews I've read seem OK & the nearest one up is around the £300 mark. 

Any thoughts or comments please 

Screenshot_20190105-180907.png

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:19, Old school said:

picking up a procat tomorrow night, it was the right money and seems big enough for me,

thanks all 

I have the Procat, had it for years and it's never let me down. I bought it 2nd hand and it came with a hopper extension which simply sits inside the existing hopper. Without the extension the boat holds around three quarters of a kilo. With extension I can double that.

It's all the boat I'll ever need, quite fast, steers and handles well. Here's a tip. I bought a large plastic-coated hook and welded onto it a 3/8ths BSF set pin (bolt). I can screw this into a spare landing net pole to lift the boat into or out of the water if the bank has a bit of a drop to the water.

Another tip. When first using the boat to take out your terminal tackle, lead, hook etc DON'T make the mistake I made. I didn't open the bail arm on the reel, relying on a loosened clutch to allow line off. Massive line twist was the result!!! I learned my lesson, trust me...……...

Ian

17 hours ago, commonly said:

I can use a boat on my estate waters & this year I'm going to put a bit of time in there. Having been there the other day, I reckon a bait boat will give me an edge. Plus it gets all overgrown and left to nature, so some of the spots that look carpy are impossible to cast to. 

So looking online I've found this at around the £100 mark. Reviews I've read seem OK & the nearest one up is around the £300 mark. 

Any thoughts or comments please 

Screenshot_20190105-180907.png

My advice would be to buy the best you can afford not just the cheapest one .

3 hours ago, dayvid said:

My advice would be to buy the best you can afford not just the cheapest one .

There's one for £18, 😂!! 

Ive always thought carp tax has driven these remote control boats to extortionate prices. I'm no expert but for this boat, new motors are around a tenner the battery pack is around £20.

If it puts my rig & bait in a spot I cannot cast to, why does the cost of it matter?? 

14 hours ago, dayvid said:

Go for it , It may well be an excellent choice , 

I used a cheaper one than that in France two years ago Dayvid and it did the job. It's still going strong in the hands of its new owner.

I wouldn't have used it over here though as I'd have been laughed off of the lake, but on a lake exclusive in France??? ...................Didn't care

😉