Baiting re-Terry Hearn.

Dicky123

When you watch the Terry Hearn video Tunnel vision you understand how the man thinks, and it brought me round to my own situation. I never really seem to get feeding right, but when you do find the fish I think you can put TOO MUCH IN. Carp have this amazing sensory system when they can pick out a little caddis, it shows they could fish a few dozen bits of hemp if they wanted to. That with a few tigers or maize less than dozen seems the way to go, unless you are on a well stocked water. When I watch most anglers on a lake coming for a trip they always heap bait in, a kilo is nothing for a nights fishing. The match fishing in me says maybe I should just bait really lightly and just catch one fish. Then as the match guys do, top up with just a little again as mentioned above. Watching the video has opened up lots of thoughts for me, has it you? Some people think if you put a lot in over a decent area the fish will find it, but as we know they will also find a small amount too and maybe that would trigger less fear than a lot of bait they are use to now days?

Just an average carp guys thought.  Rich.

I fell foul of not thinking about a certain venue hard enough. Ultra low stock, 10 in 6 acres, my 3 fish have come from the first or second night fishing a spot, with no or little previous bait gone on them. Once I tried to feed heavier on those spots to keep them coming back then just didn't. It was either they spooked off the large beds of bait or obviously clean spots or they never got to the hook bait first due to untold amounts of tench and bream. I thought the latter at the time but now, especially after watching Terry's video I realised I'd overlooked the obvious. When I return there it'll be a handful of bait maximum on a spot. Think we all fall in to the trap at times, especially when things go your way at first, and if you cant visibly watch them then it is just a long wait until you realise!