River Thames.

snowmanstevo

2 hours ago, oscsha said:

Any more details , i.e weight tactics you used etc .Β 

P.s understand you keeping the exact Β location secret .

Not me mate,I wish 😩😩

50lb 3 I believe by a famous angler Nick Helleur...... apparently it’s all on film and will probably be aired around Spring time I’ve heardΒ 

1 hour ago, B.C. said:

Absolute stunner. One that makes you stop and stare for a while...…. Nice to know there's fish like this about. All of our rivers are so untapped..... I know the otters have done some damage, but it proves there's some fish worth putting in the effort for.

And there's me always saying I wish i had a decent river near me .

I live in London.

Doh.Β 

56 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Believe it’s took him a couple of years to catch it. It certainly is an amazing fish.Β 

It's a stunner mate.

Looks like the perfect Photoshop if that makes sense.Β 

Wish i had the time to put in .

I doubt just rocking up for a day session every now and then on the Thames is gonna be very rewarding lol.

40 minutes ago, cyborx said:

ha!! couple of years? fish of a lifetime for most anglers Bud :lol::lol:

Fish of a lifetime for any angler πŸ˜‰. Was just highlighting the effort he’d put in Jon.Β Mufty a cheap and nasty pre bait on the rivers would prob see most catch a few but as always time is always the working mans biggest enemy....... 6 numbers on the lottery,anyone. ! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜¬

Wasn't there a fella that caught several 40 plus carp from the Thames back in the early 2000's. Wonder if that fish is one of them? Maidenhead area, Berkshire rings a bell..... Can't think of his name, but he went on to win some kind of carp trophy or award and no doubt some sponsorship too?Β  I remember reading something at the time... I'll see if I can dig it up... No doubt escapees, but to find em and catch em takes a bit of doing.

Nick will have done a lot of research before angling for that fish, and ear bending, that’s his way. It’s not actually a Thames record but, probably the less said about that, the better.πŸ˜‰

I know there are now some very upset regular Thames carp anglers, especially on that stretch, because of the publicising etc. Just as there was when Katch Bullet and previous captors leaked it.

Amazing fish though, and congrats to Nick on the capture πŸ‘πŸ»

4 hours ago, The Compleat Angler said:

Nick will have done a lot of research before angling for that fish, and ear bending, that’s his way. It’s not actually a Thames record but, probably the less said about that, the better.πŸ˜‰

I know there are now some very upset regular Thames carp anglers, especially on that stretch, because of the publicising etc. Just as there was when Katch Bullet and previous captors leaked it.

Amazing fish though, and congrats to Nick on the capture πŸ‘πŸ»

I'd imagine there's some proper monsters lurking in the Thames.

Perfect environment for a carp to live a long life and grow big.

On 13 October 2018 at 18:53, muftyboy said:

And there's me always saying I wish i had a decent river near me .

I live in London.

Doh.Β 

Hampton Court area used to produce good fishπŸ˜‰

Carp have been caught as far downstream as the London Docks.

Β 

River carp?

I suppose I should go find some more...

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

You show off πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Great fish buddy. What river was that ?

Gipping in Suffolk.Β 

We had a few out from various stretches, although the 28 pictured was the biggest, Β then sadly it got poached, not by Eastern Europeans, but by local fishery owners wanting instant fish.

Dippy the 40lb + Mirror went from the Gipping to Snake Pit 25miles away.

Β 

Β 

The Stour on the border also has some very good fish in it.

On 14/10/2018 at 12:44, The Compleat Angler said:

I know there are now some very upset regular Thames carp anglers, especially on that stretch, because of the publicising etc.

I can imagine they're livid mate. I know this is the third capture (at least) of that fish this year but everyone else kept it quiet.

I heard a rumour of another different Thames 50 out since Nick's capture but the masses won't hear about that one!

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Dippy the 40lb + Mirror went from the Gipping to Snake Pit 25miles away.

And the rest bud....... it started life in the ICI pit, then it was nicked and put into Barham B pit where it escaped into the Gipping before being nicked again and put in Snake pit..... very colourful history lol.