October Catch Reports

greekskii

No I haven't caught a carp this month but I thought I'd start the thread for everyone else! 

Off out tonight, due to pull off the park lake at the end of the month unless the weather stays milder in to November so not many nights left. Hopefully one more of the sneaky residents comes my way and can be put in this thread!

14 minutes ago, greekskii said:

due to pull off the park lake at the end of the month unless the weather stays milder in to November

I think most waters will fish well into Nov Vik. That period of mega hot weather we had completely killed it, almost everywhere, and the post spawning feed-up was delayed by a good month or two. On the waters I know it kicked everything back, and the fish are still using summer areas now. Hence I believe they've barely started shoaling up in autumn areas yet. When they do, if you can find them and get on them, I reckon there's some big hits to be had as we approach winter. The further we get into autumn/winter, the bigger they'll be..... I think we'll see some very, very big fish in the news come November.

Either that or well all blank lol.

22 minutes ago, yonny said:

I think most waters will fish well into Nov Vik. That period of mega hot weather we had completely killed it, almost everywhere, and the post spawning feed-up was delayed by a good month or two. On the waters I know it kicked everything back, and the fish are still using summer areas now. Hence I believe they've barely started shoaling up in autumn areas yet. When they do, if you can find them and get on them, I reckon there's some big hits to be had as we approach winter. The further we get into autumn/winter, the bigger they'll be..... I think we'll see some very, very big fish in the news come November.

Either that or well all blank lol.

I know full well from last year, and I believe it happens on most lakes, the larger residents feed much later in to the cooler temps to stock up on reserves for winter. The plan is to pick up a winter ticket on Grendon, catch fish over winter and still be in practise comes March, it's the decision to pull off and get the bait introduced through November as they are still feeding at Grendon but potentially miss out at the park lake. Still need to get a new receiver before I go on to a busier water though! 

Had 6 fish to 20lb 10oz on friday/saturday night after prebaiting for the 3 days previous.

Had 5 of the fish before  4pm on Saturday and then it died and didn't get anything else till 9 30 Sunday morning, not sure if the lack of runs on Saturday  was down to the drop in temperature or the 2 people that dropped into the pegs either side of me. 

Anyone else notice a quiet spell saturday night, I'm of the opinion it was the 2 anglers on either side that killed it

6 hours ago, harpz_31 said:

yea it was a bit parky, don't know if any1 else has tried this when you need to get your bivvy defrosted and dry

I empty my bivvy out light my stove on full heat in the middle and shut the door for and hour and its bone dry ready for packing up 

EXACTLY WOT I DO...

2 hours ago, smufter said:

Haven't been out for a while what with work and feeling like death warmed up. But going to give it a try today. Fingers crossed.

I've felt like that for over 2 weeks now. Had my week off at the end of September and only done 3 nights out of the 7. Had no energy to move or nothing and consequently had a nightmare session. Nothing worse than being rough on  the bank. Good luck 

Edited by emmcee

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, smufter said:

Been invited out today to more of a "runs" water. Haven't fished there for about 6 or 7 years but a mate of mine is a member so has got me a guest ticket. 

Will let you know how it goes.............................😉

I'll look forward to that Smufter , it'll be great to get back to some proper posts .

😃