sign of the times

cyborx

as a follow on to a recent thread by BC 'beginning of a decline' i spotted this on a media platform that i frequent (mods please note that i am not advertising this for sale).

NOT SELLING AS A JOB LOT !!!
NASH ABBREVIATED 6FT 3LBS X2 £150
NASH BLACK OPS NET £100
NASH SAWN OFF TIP TOPS X2 £10
NASH BLACK OPS SLEEP SYSTEM £180
NASH BLACK OPS BROLLY £80
NASH BLACK OPS CHAIR £65
NASH BLACK OPS RUCKSACK £50
NASH BLACK OPS FLAT MAT £30
NASH BLACK OPS 6FT DOUBLE BAG £30
NASH BLACK OPS RETAINER SYSTEM £15
NASH BLACK OPS WATER BUCKET £5
KORDA SAFES FULL TACKLE /RIGS £110
KORDA STOW BOBBINS ISOTOPES CASE £45
KORDA REUBEN SCALES AND BAR £50
KORDA COMPAC X4 £40
NASH R3 X2 GREEN £100
FOX BLACK LABLE COMPACT POD £100
SHIMANO ULTEGRA 5500 XTD X2 £140
END TACKLE JOB LOT £45
BAIT JOB LOT £65
KORDA TOWEL KORDA CATAPULT £15
NASH CYBER SHOT THWOINGSTICK £25

I will add more to the list once I've sorted through it. comment or pm me for any info
Most items have only been used once 😱 😱 😱

looks like someone fell for the hype then realized his xbox was more appealing

3 hours ago, cyborx said:

i bet if you worked out the replacement price of that lot it would come to more than double the £1500 he's asking.

poor little rich boi :lol:

Here's the thing, too, mate...…. If he doesn't sell it quick, the whole lot will be out of fashion, yesterdays bread, depreciating in value by the hour. Those companies will be bringing out newer versions soon 😄...….. Second hand sites are flooded with carp kit, good time to actually start up really if you are not fussed about fashion...….

42 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Here's the thing, too, mate...…. If he doesn't sell it quick, the whole lot will be out of fashion, yesterdays bread, depreciating in value by the hour. Those companies will be bringing out newer versions soon 😄...….. Second hand sites are flooded with carp kit, good time to actually start up really if you are not fussed about fashion...….

The black ops stuff has just been discontinued for the new range on sale soon. Cleverly just before Christmas of course! 

All the big names ‘re-design’ their kit and improve it. But sold the first version on the basis it was the best ever!! 

7 minutes ago, greekskii said:

improve it.

I agree on everything you said mate, except for the above quote. Some bits of kit end up worse than the original versions..... It really is "Emperors new clothing" mindset with all the marketing hype..... I've always said, look after any older kit as best you can... Can be difficult to replace like for like..... This is why we always hear sponsors saying "we must get more youngsters into the sport", IMO, there are very few people left that continue falling for the spiel, once bitten, twice shy. They need the youngsters to fall for their shiny ads..... As you say, just in time for Christmas...…. So called upgrades and new products used to be a generational thing, now it seems it's every six months.... When they say "We've spent loads of time developing and sourcing for this ground breaking "must have" bit of bankside kit", translate that into lay mans terms, equates to "We've found some other factory that will do it cheaper, so we changed it slightly"..... My mk2 Tracker rod sleeve I bought recently, is a cheap knock off of there first one, hence the grumpy old man rant...🤩

10 hours ago, B.C. said:

I agree on everything you said mate, except for the above quote. Some bits of kit end up worse than the original versions..... It really is "Emperors new clothing" mindset with all the marketing hype..... I've always said, look after any older kit as best you can... Can be difficult to replace like for like..... This is why we always hear sponsors saying "we must get more youngsters into the sport", IMO, there are very few people left that continue falling for the spiel, once bitten, twice shy. They need the youngsters to fall for their shiny ads..... As you say, just in time for Christmas...…. So called upgrades and new products used to be a generational thing, now it seems it's every six months.... When they say "We've spent loads of time developing and sourcing for this ground breaking "must have" bit of bankside kit", translate that into lay mans terms, equates to "We've found some other factory that will do it cheaper, so we changed it slightly"..... My mk2 Tracker rod sleeve I bought recently, is a cheap knock off of there first one, hence the grumpy old man rant...🤩

every things the same now days, mobile phones, washing machines, sofas and even cars have financing designed so you can swap cars every 3 years

were being conditioned into believing newer means better but the reality is we've gotten to a stage where were swapping an old piece of tat for a new piece of tat

Selling a 'job lot' of tackle like that is to me annoying and worrying  in a number of ways.

Is it hot, stolen or not quite right? Has someone stuck the lot on a credit card, realised they couldn't afford it, and stuck it up for sale? 

Is it our fashion victim realising that fishing is not for them and selling the lot

Someone who just thinks they need the new must have?

Lots of questions under that little list!

2 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I like Nash gear too. and I've also got to say, their customer service team are spot on. Fox lost my custom from their poor customer service. What does crack me up is seeing the cardboard cut out Alan blairs on the bank. Their everywhere 😂. Nash , Korda, a lot of their stuff seems the most innovative to me. I can't understand the hate.

Nash diffusion leaders are amazing,theve got to be seen to be believed 😎 and I’ve used Nash hooks almost exclusively for the past 6years...... tho some will say they don’t rate them. Had a Nash stringer needle fall to bits as soon as I’d started a session with it 🙄

1 minute ago, Dannygooner said:

I like Nash gear too. and I've also got to say, their customer service team are spot on. Fox lost my custom from their poor customer service. What does crack me up is seeing the cardboard cut out Alan blairs on the bank. Their everywhere 😂. Nash , Korda, a lot of their stuff seems the most innovative to me. I can't understand the hate.

from my personal POV the hate mostly comes from the absurd pricing structure, yes i realize about R&D costs, yes i am aware of marketing costs and yes i am aware about mark ups from manufacturer to shop but still.

take hooks, nash and korda among others average price per hook of most styles £0.50p yet i can buy a comparable hook (often from the same manufacturer) for less at £0.30p.

baits that are equally as good (if not better) for £s per kilo less.

swivels, leaders and all other terminal tackle for as little as half price in most instances BUT they have not got the big name attached and that is where the carp snobbery kicks in, snobbery that is promulgated and widely encouraged by the big names, and that to me makes them no better than the street corner drug peddlers.

index.jpg

46 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

As I say I can't fault them. I have a nash dwarf set up that I have ready to go at the drop of a hat and I love it. Their luggage is very robust and innovative. End tackle I've not used so much of but I think I'll give it a try. The titan hide looks the nuts. Think I'll be getting one soon. Their customer service alone has swayed me into using more of their stuff. Replacement rod tips, sent email, had the fella straight on the phone to me same day , no problems, at my house 3 days later. Fox on the other hand, no email reply, no phones answered, no help whatsoever. You can also take from this message I'm a little calamitous 😩. I must say though I have noticed a lot of nash gear for sale online. I think nash got a lot of young people into fishing, via  their urban banx and so on,  and some fell out of love maybe. Not a bad thing get kids into it is it. Bad for us parents if they want scopes though 😩

Nash luggage robust?

All of the stuff I have had has fallen to pieces, on occasions under warranty. The customer service and after sales was appalling. It took a letter to CarpWorld publicising it to get my rucksack replaced after 3months.

Rucksacks you are far better getting a military Bergen! Mine is battered, bruised and still going, on its second life.

I also dislike the ethics of Nash and some of his quietly forgotten past history including Catchum, (his way into the bait industry via Rod Hutchinson),  I dislike a tackle manufacturer advocating dropping leads on his fishery (!) and his carefully chosen published biography which I think is a little short of honesty.

I think The only good item of Nash tackle I have had was a Nash Outlaw Hurricane bivvy, that is in fact still in good enough condition to use, which I picked oop on t'bay for £10 by looking for spelling mitsakes😮😉😆🐟

Fox on the other hand customer service was always spot on.

42 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

scopes

I think these are well over priced...…. I had a go with a dwarf set up this year to test out 9footers, which I've sold on now. I landed a few half decent fish, but it was hearts in mouth stuff and tbh, I can see a few fish being lost to snags with these, I found it difficult to really control the fish, they are very very soft rods. But I did like the way that everything packs down small and neat...…… Thought about upgrading to some scopes, poss' 10 footers, but the price just puts me off. Don't mind paying for something, but at £160-£180 a piece ??.. I'd feel like I was having my pants pulled down...

I've been looking at the Sonik rods in 10ft, Dominator X...… You can get a set of 3 for the price of 1 Scope. And the sort of fishing these shorter rods lend themselves too, means you are only really flicking them out short range. They won't pack down as small as the Nash rods in transit. But at the end of the day, just need a rod that doesn't get me hung up on overhead branches on a little lake I fish, they don't need to be fashionable...

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

@salokcinnodrog I wish my experiences were that, spot on. Twice I've needed help, twice no reply. I did get through on the phone once and I left my number, no reply. Both emails ignored. I can only talk from my experiences and mine with nash have been exceptional. As Id stated last year 90percent of my kit was fox. Its not now and won't be anymore due to their lack of customer skills. 

@B.C. I'd have to agree. The scope range is very expensive. I got a 1.75 dwarf set up which I love for all sorts of fishing and a 3.5 set up I use for carping.  Does the job perfect for me and they are packed up and in the boot , nice and mobile. Which is what I like. each to their own I suppose. I do have a 12 foot set up but it seems pointless as none of my fishing is at a distance my dwarfs can't hit. 

To be honest, I do try to avoid Fox and Nash as much as I possibly can. Nash because I do not like his ethics, too much tackle returned faulty or broken when I was working in tackle shop, and Fox not always the best with the same issues of faulty gear.

There are also far better cheaper items out there by other manufacturers in most cases.