Autumn winter baiting campaign

Uroy

I’ve just joined a new water and i want to pre bait a few spots over the autumn then into the winter . I’m thinking corn , maggot and hemp . Has anyone anything else they’d suggest or leave out as it gets colder etc ? Has anyone done this successfully? 

In this 4 acre lake the carp only show in the very middle but the silt is 3ft deep and it’s very shallow there as well 

Edited by Uroy

3 hours ago, Uroy said:

I’ve just joined a new water and i want to pre bait a few spots over the autumn then into the winter . I’m thinking corn , maggot and hemp . Has anyone anything else they’d suggest or leave out as it gets colder etc ? Has anyone done this successfully? 

In this 4 acre lake the carp only show in the very middle but the silt is 3ft deep and it’s very shallow there as well 

My winter results are pretty dire tbh…… With the silt being quite deep, I'd probably do a mix of both dead and live maggots. Groats are a cheap particle that could be added, they kinda replicate maggots a bit, looks wise and will take on some liquid additives too... Good luck mate.

I’d not ignore putting out a good quality boilie. This is the time of year the fish go on the feed and put on weight. They’ll be searching for a good food source. Crumb it up and use halves to get it to settle on the silt. Don’t be afraid to fish in 3ft of silt. Just use a helicopter setup with a chod rig set 3ft up with a 1ft between the beads so it can settle nicely on top.