Lo pro vs tempest brolly

New on here.

Been stuck for months on wether to get a lo pro or a tempset  brolly it will be used mainly in summer  for one night trips   and odd two nighter and same in  winter  for the odd night or two.  Next year my lake has a long barrow enloved so weight  and speed are rather important. I use a brolly more  to keep me and kit dry and out if the wind so need offer enpugh coverage and  be man enough to deal with a wind for  able to fit my ss3  food bag, biggest  scope rucksack and  keep waders dry.  I used to have a scope brolly and it managed this just but cpuldnt be bothered  with hinged  poles.

Like the price weight  ams  look  of the lo pro but not sure of the coverage?

But everyome raves about the tempset  brolly  but for the same money  i can get the lo pro  plus the mozzie front. I do already have  a bivvy that is very simallar sized if im going for a bit longer and and need a bit more comfort.   Plus seem silly to spend like 300 odd on a system to replace what  i have so it 10 mins quicker to put up and only saved me a kilo or two 

29 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I'm in a toss up between the titan hide or the tempest currently. Someone has got the lo pro on here I just can't recall who mentioned it. I'm sure they'll pop up when they see this 

@yonny but hes currently in the middle of an incredible session so probably too busy playing fish to read this!

I have the lo pro, I really like mine, 

783104800_2018-09-1918_04_59.thumb.png.a83a59038485ae8def1685af48355cdd.png 

It's not the biggest brolly on the market but it's light, easy to pit up and take down again, perfect for my over nighters. 

915101887_2018-09-1918_04_32.thumb.png.f5b1971980017eb02671747401db8ee1.png

I use storm poles with mine although there's no real need to be honest I just like the extra stability they provide.

If you can go and see one in the flesh, it's the only way you'll ever really know.

Make no mistake it is low, so if your the type of angler that likes a bit of space the lo pro probably isn't the one for you. Both the mozzi mesh and wrap arent whole wraps, but I only use the mozzi mesh as I can't stand mozzi's buzzing around my ears when I'm trying to sleep. Now their gone it'll be full open front for me until next summer. I'm one of those anglers that packs up just before first light during the winter months so it's important my shelter packs up, packs down and easily fits into my quiver without any hassle, it's an important aspect when packing up in the rain. The thing I like about brollies, is there up and done, pram hood style bivvies need setting up on the ground so there all ready wet before you've started. 

I'll even go as far to say it's made moving mid session so much easier and lighter. I like it, it could do with a vent at the back but that's it, otherwise it's great for me.

2 hours ago, Gazlaaar said:

It's not the biggest brolly on the market but it's light, easy to pit up and take down again, perfect for my over nighters. 

I use storm poles with mine although there's no real need to be honest I just like the extra stability they provide.

If you can go and see one in the flesh, it's the only way you'll ever really know.

Looks the nuts would  be tight in there will my big bag but im sure it would  fit  is that a standard  width bedchair  you have? I really should  invest in a smaller bag for 24 hour sessions but then id want to buy everything  again   I dont think i should worry about my food bag as if im doing longer sessions 2 or more nights i go to my lake that i can park near the car  for thoose places i can just take my bivvy.

1 hour ago, Gazlaaar said:

Make no mistake it is low, so if your the type of angler that likes a bit of space the lo pro probably isn't the one for you. Both the mozzi mesh and wrap arent whole wraps, but I only use the mozzi mesh as I can't stand mozzi's buzzing around my ears when I'm trying to sleep. Now their gone it'll be full open front for me until next summer. I'm one of those anglers that packs up just before first light during the winter months so it's important my shelter packs up, packs down and easily fits into my quiver without any hassle, it's an important aspect when packing up in the rain. The thing I like about brollies, is there up and done, pram hood style bivvies need setting up on the ground so there all ready wet before you've started. 

I'll even go as far to say it's made moving mid session so much easier and lighter. I like it, it could do with a vent at the back but that's it, otherwise it's great for me.

Yeah thats what i want it for  a lot of the time i dont even put a brolly up i just need it throw  over myseld and my gear incase the heaven opens or  keep me out of the wind.  As annoying as the  mozzies are im not a massive fan of  shuting the lake out   but for the 40 ill might ive it a go  and forget about spending  that money on a groundsheet

Edited by Tree123

Ive been looking at the hideouts too as they  look quite good  15cm or so extra out  the  front so  the  same size as the  60 inch brolly i was looking  at.

Can get it for 200  for the dull system which is  cheaper then  low pro   front and ground sheet

Not sure now  stable it is without tge storm  poles on the front. But like the fact  how quicky the fribt goes up and down

Edited by Tree123

• 11 months later...
On 19/09/2018 at 18:11, Gazlaaar said:

I got a lo pro for Christmas just gone, I've not been using it I was still using my 20 year old nash oval and I got soaked to the skin on Monday, so today I took my lo pro and absolutely love it, plenty big enough for my needs excellent bit of kit. 😊👍

Edited by finchey

36 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

No worries  it weird still like seeing nice fish out and being by the water just lost the love  for  the actual fishing.

The  love will come back to you one day mate, once you become an angler don't think you ever fully lose the love for it, deep down it's still there and one day you will be fishing again. 🙂👍

2 hours ago, Tree123 said:

No worries  it weird still like seeing nice fish out and being by the water just lost the love  for  the actual fishing.

what ever you do don't sell up I sold all my gear a few years ago lasted a year before I replaced it all and it was not a cheap thing buying all my gear again now cant get enough carp fishing just wish I caught more but we all do 😁