Shelf life boilies

finchey

Guest Dez Animaux
10 hours ago, oscsha said:

Just because the ingredients are human grade doesn't mean they are safe for fish especially not knowing the quantities used , the food industry use some dangerous chemicals in processed foods  that the food agency allow us to eat .

Mate I wouldn't even hint that Sticky would use anything harmful for fish

They are a superb bait company and one of the most responsible around, the products get tested, re-tested, tested again, and then five more times for luck, they use ingredients which have been going into lakes for decades as well as some new forms of completely kosher vegetable derived proteins that they keep to themselves (as do Mainline, the Cell is also a vegetarian bait, as is Hybrid)

Some of you are stuck in the 90s when there were indeed some very dodgy baits about. There still are a few but I would never question anything from the (pretty much) big two leading brands (Dynamite rule Europe apparently)..

They are a superb bait company and one of the most responsible around, the products get tested, re-tested, tested again, and then five more times for luck, they use ingredients which have been going into lakes for decades as well as some new forms of completely kosher vegetable derived proteins that they keep to themselves (as do Mainline, the Cell is also a vegetarian bait, as is Hybrid)

Just me mate there are no super hidden ingredients in the bait industry most are from the animal feed market, and there are no super veg protein ingredients in use (but there are a couple of good ones), Cell is mainly cereal meal the rest can be guessed as the ingredients are on the bag.  Sticky are better at what they do for my money.

Some of you are stuck in the 90s when there were indeed some very dodgy baits about

In the 90's everything wasn't about hitting a price, fishmeal was a lot cheaper than it is now quality hasn't changed and so were high end refined milks which are now also super expensive, some of the best baits out there are still in there original form Essential B5, Premier Baits Fish Mixes, BFM, Trigga to name but a few, all still catch loads of fish a year.  Dynamite went through a stage of using a lot of bread crumb in there mixes to cut them, Don't believe everything you read in the mags or see posted on bait companies catch reports a lot of them have not been caught on what they say they have, also alot of the Korda boys use Baitworks in there off screen fishing. 

8 hours ago, Dez Animaux said:

Mate I wouldn't even hint that Sticky would use anything harmful for fish

Some of you are stuck in the 90s when there were indeed some very dodgy baits about. There still are a few but I would never question anything from the (pretty much) big two leading brands (Dynamite rule Europe apparently)..

I personally  think sticky is poor quality & wouldn't waste my time using it or my hard earned , but thats me we all have different opinions. I'm sure it all came out again in the wash just recently,  with people in the trade not wanting there name associated with there bait & these are people behind the recipes. I'd rather take a bag of sweetcorn & flaked maze than a round ball of bulker .

Guest Dez Animaux
38 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

I personally  think sticky is poor quality & wouldn't waste my time using it or my hard earned , but thats me we all have different opinions. I'm sure it all came out again in the wash just recently,  with people in the trade not wanting there name associated with there bait & these are people behind the recipes. I'd rather take a bag of sweetcorn & flaked maze than a round ball of bulker .

These types of rumours are always very ambiguous mate, to be taken with a large dose of salt, people doing very well for themselves = financial issues as more and more people switch to one company or another, jealousy and bitterness and basic competitiveness comes into it as well as ''tribal'' issues because people identify with brands..

Scientific testing of an old sample versus a new one proving that they are cutting corners is what is required, until then people should realise that ALL the big companies use ''fillers'' i.e soya and semolina (which happens to be the number one carp catching basemix of all time!

These types of rumours are always very ambiguous mate

Sometimes they are mate, but when some one knows some of the elements in the equation quite well your salt in take can be reduced ;)

soya and semolina (which happens to be the number one carp catching basemix of all time!

Semolina  is a [censored] for then to process as they can't absorb anything from complex carbs, makes a good binder though. Errr not sure about your last bit mate

Guest Dez Animaux
Just now, chillfactor said:

Can see why your so found of sticky now fella . 

You shouldn't quote people out of context.

It makes me look bad when YOU were the one bad mouthing Sticky.

Got scientific proof have you that they use more ''fillers'' than other companies, or more than they used to?

5 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Yes mate but I've left it at the lab . 

Haven't quoted you out of context , just that I can see why you like sticky that's all .  

I am allowed to think sticky is poor you know 😉

How very dare you besmirch the name lol

I quite like sticky I must admit, you be careful chilly I'll make you do lines 😁

Guest Dez Animaux
8 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Yes mate but I've left it at the lab . 

Haven't quoted you out of context , just that I can see why you like sticky that's all .  

I am allowed to think sticky is poor you know 😉

And why is it that I like them, exactly? So now you want to start patronising me as well as spreading vicious rumours?

Do you think it's a good look to go online and bad mouth a succesful bait company for all the World to see?

That's interesting!

9 minutes ago, Dez Animaux said:

And why is it that I like them, exactly? So now you want to start patronising me as well as spreading vicious rumours?

Like you said yourself... soya & semolina 

9 minutes ago, Dez Animaux said:

Do you think it's a good look to go online and bad mouth a succesful bait company for all the World to see?

That's interesting!

Lol ... I think Nash bait is pants too 

Guest Dez Animaux

It's technically libellous to suggest publically that a person or company ''cheat'' 

I would have thought that was very obvious, as by going on a forum you are in fact going public..

It's one thing saying you think a company's product/s are poor, and quite another saying they deliberately cut corners on their (main) output/general service.. 

I'm not bothered one bit, up to you

Guest Dez Animaux

I gave what I thought was quite an eloquent response to the bad mouthing of one of my favourite bait companies, nobody took any notice though. Never mind.

I would never publically shame a company in the way that they were, spreading rumours about this and that, some of you need to be bigger than that and see through the politics that will exist on many levels but especially within a very wealthy marketplace that is carp fishing.