September catch results..........................

smufter

I’m absolutely buzzing with this one!! Couldn’t find a spot for this rod in a new swim, so decided to bang a bare lead over to the far margin on a whim. It goes down with an almighty crack. Gravel found. After a little less about the spot is surrounded by a wall of weed 4-5ft high and dense. A mix of parrots feather and Canadian. A 1 inch chod was the best way of presenting on here at the range with the crosswind. It took 10 casts but I was finally happy with it. Half a kilo of boilies sticked out and time for a beer. 

I never expected anything from this rod but just as the light was going it pulled up tight. I lifted in to it to find it had weeded itself solid instantly. 5 mins of constant pressure with the rod at full compression and it longs free and the weedbed starts moving. The fish frees itself now it’s on the surface some way out. (Thank god for high banks behind me) it decides to do the same in the next two weedbeds between me and the spot but soon I’m leading it in whilst in the waders. I assumed it was a large tench from the pretty uneventful fight. A ball of weed caught on the leader knot appeared and I went to strip it off when I see a carp swim past my feet with my pop up blowing out it’s mouth. Immediately going to a bag of nerves I quickly rip the weed away as it goes off on a powerful surge back out in to the lake. A bit more angry antics from the fish and it was in the net. I let out a huge YEEEESSS as I looked down at a lovely dark fish. 

A celebratory beer sprayed around the swim as one of, estimated 8-10 fish in 5 acres, is in my net. 26.12lb of unreal common carp, but weight is irrelevant. It’s the history of the fish that means everything. My third from the lake (I had two last year), all different fish too. 

1C10A224-2943-40D7-AE9E-B32EC787BBC0.jpeg

On 16/09/2018 at 19:01, yonny said:

30.08 common and 43.02 mirror so far on my big September session. Full report later in the week lads.

This is turning into a very special session boys. Went home to recharge for a night and back on the bank now. Had a few more, including more bigguns. Absolutely loving it. One more night before home. Will be a hell of a report when I get round to it.

36 minutes ago, yonny said:

This is turning into a very special session boys. Went home to recharge for a night and back on the bank now. Had a few more, including more bigguns. Absolutely loving it. One more night before home. Will be a hell of a report when I get round to it.

I’ll get myself a brew ready for your report,mate. 😬

Go get em mate 😎🎣

This little guy may not compare to the monster posted by greekskii before me, but getting him out of such a low stock difficult water on a 24 hour session yesterday in very adverse weather conditions had me over the moon. I’m starting to believe what my lass keeps telling me... size doesn’t matter!!  😉😁

A96F69EC-45AD-413B-AD1B-B49D9B6869FC.jpeg

Edited by Its-grim-up-north