Surface fishing on the bottom

Lumeymorris

Guys has you every thought about surface fishing and how easy it can be to draw the carp in. Now is there anyway we can do this on the bottom? As I've thought about fishing bread on the bottom and soaking some mixers so they sink but the idea of the bread on the bottom not lasting to long getting softer every second make me question the idea and then I think about the time I tried topping my luncheon meat with bead and done quite well on it makes me think hmm maybe there is a way.

50 minutes ago, yonny said:

That.

Try whacking a few slices of bread in a bucket, adding water, and mixing to a slop. Add to this whatever you feel like to make a very visual and very effective spod mix.

49 minutes ago, yonny said:

Bread is massively underused in carp fishing and it's more effective than any ground-bait you can buy off the shelf imo.

One of my 'goto's' on the park lake with sweetcorn and/or pigeon conditioner added into the mix.

I also save up and dry my old crusts and odd slices to go in as well.

The anglers who fish just boilies can sit for hours without a touch, but put this into the lake close in on a float line and you can catch in minutes, and often the bigger fish.

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Bread is massively underused in carp fishing and it's more effective than any ground-bait you can buy off the shelf imo.

Floating bread is very likely to get taken even if they are cagey about mixers and surface feeding.  Also slow sinking flake is an absolute winner on the right water, cast a few yards in front of cruisers and they will often follow it down and take it.

My first carp came on ledgered bread, nearly pulled the rod in - epic! 

22 hours ago, Brutus said:

Making a bread paste and using fox arma mesh or some fine netting is another trick I've used.

I've used it for floater fishing this year, wow, roll up a chunk of the ol' tiger loaf. No worries about it coming off & casting is a dream. 

I am a little concerned about how it may effect the fish ingestive system, should it be swallowed? Not such an issue with surface fishing, underwater may become more of an issue, but assume the manufacturer has taken this into consideration or else certain venues would ban it, should it be harmful to the fish. 

4 minutes ago, commonly said:

I am a little concerned about how it may effect the fish ingestive system

Arma Mesh?? It could potentially be deadly I'd think. There should be no way that can come off the rig, it'd be dangerous.

I started using those bread bombs from Nash this year, they're brilliant. I really like them for wandering about chucking big old lumps of bread at carp milling about in hot weather.

I'd like to hope that this has been taken into account.

Most of the time I've fished with it, it's taken a battering and been alright - I honest to god couldn't see a fish swallowing it whole, probably mouth it for ages and then spit it, the feel of the nylon "I think" would be enough to arouse curiosity and mouth it rather than swallow it whole. But then again I'm not a carp so this is all theory and not worth the words I've written lol.

3 hours ago, commonly said:

I've used it for floater fishing this year, wow, roll up a chunk of the ol' tiger loaf. No worries about it coming off & casting is a dream. 

I am a little concerned about how it may effect the fish ingestive system, should it be swallowed? Not such an issue with surface fishing, underwater may become more of an issue, but assume the manufacturer has taken this into consideration or else certain venues would ban it, should it be harmful to the fish. 

if you cant get any arma mesh or in a bind, bagel bread is a bit tougher and I've used that on the surface with success.