Rod Help

Recently bought two 3Ib tc NGT Dynamic 12' rods. Seem rather nice, MUCH thinner and lighter than my old fibreglass ones, despite being a stiffer, heavier action rod. But a problem I have encountered is that the rods won't go completely together at the spigot. As far as I can get it still leaves 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch to go. Now I have heard of this problem before. One solution I've read is to sand the male section a bit with sandpaper so the female section will fit over it, but I'm rather uneasy with this. Any other solutions?

The gap I believe is there to allow longer use, the more often you slide them together the more microscopic amounts of material will me removed making the female bore bigge,  over many years of use this will allow for the two sections to slide together snuggly. Over years the gap will get smaller as the two section slide closer together where the blank has been worn down..........well that’s my thoughts on it anyway 😁

1 hour ago, TnCarper said:

Thanks to all who replied. That's a relief. With American rods, I've never seen any thing like it. Also the previous carp rods wasn't like that. And when looking at rods online, the spigot isn't exactly something I pay attention to. Thanks everyone.

Have you had a go with them yet?...… What they like buddy?

Tried them out, fantasic so far. Really have a nice feel to them. Got one fish, small, but the rods worked well, fight's the fish well under tip, but casts very well too. Really nice rods thus far. On the reels, very nice. Do wish they had more than one line clip though, only fault I have with them.