Channels to watch on YouTube?

PandA698

14 minutes ago, yonny said:

ESP have made some truly magical vids in the last year or so. Search 'Terry Hearn' and you should find them.

second that. They are epic.

I'd check out the Fox challenge vids with Mark Pitchers, funny and informative. Also urban banx on the nash channel. Brilliant to watch and the eurobanx vids are brilliant too.

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Likewise!

Have you read his book @B.C.? It's right up there with Tel's imo. Proper captivating stuff.

No I haven't mate, it's on my list, I noticed you mentioned it a little while back...…. He comes across as pretty down to earth and I like that..... There's another book in front of the queue atm on chemoreception... Knowing my luck Oz's book will be sold out and worth a mint by the time I start looking lol

22 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Knowing my luck Oz's book will be sold out and worth a mint by the time I start looking lol

That always happens to me....... I'm always holding back on buying new books as I'm busy spending a small fortune on books that are no longer available. By the time I get round to buying the newer ones they too are no longer available and worth ££££££.

If my Mrs knew what I spent on all these books she'd go absolutely mental.

5 hours ago, yonny said:

That always happens to me....... I'm always holding back on buying new books as I'm busy spending a small fortune on books that are no longer available. By the time I get round to buying the newer ones they too are no longer available and worth ££££££.

If my Mrs knew what I spent on all these books she'd go absolutely mental.

@yonny

You've probably seen on instagram I've been collecting older material, both reading and watching.

What do you think it is about the older stuff that appeals?

41 minutes ago, Gazlaaar said:

Probably as it’s where it all began. Historic lakes, historic fish. No doubt in 20 years a few of the ‘now’ anglers will have books out and people will be reading them either reminiscing about ‘back in the day’ or captivated at how it used to be fishing for the carp in the waters of the 2010s. Where otters were an issue, the scene was a bit more cutthroat on the circuits, social media made stars and made them disappear just as quickly. I look forward to reading those books. And probably my own writing too, just to see the changes.

14 hours ago, Gazlaaar said:

I love to read how the thought processes behind catching carp have changed over the years.

Or not changed in some cases - I'm currently reading john Harry's 'Savay' and the thinking behind his angling is way ahead of its time. It was published in 92 but could almost have been written yesterday. Really good read.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I love to read how the thought processes behind catching carp have changed over the years.

Or not changed in some cases - I'm currently reading john Harry's 'Savay' and the thinking behind his angling is way ahead of its time. It was published in 92 but could almost have been written yesterday. Really good read.

I felt like an excited little boy again walking round Savay for the first time clutching my copy of that book.

Check out Fox's channel mate, loads of good stuff on it.

If you want some easy watching where you'll pick up the odd tip or two then check out The Challenge with Mark Pitchers, Essentially just two mates having a laugh while fishing but they are hilarious to watch and you do learn a thing or two at the same time.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:10, greekskii said:

second that. They are epic.

I'd check out the Fox challenge vids with Mark Pitchers, funny and informative. Also urban banx on the nash channel. Brilliant to watch and the eurobanx vids are brilliant too.

12 hours ago, The_Viking_Angler said:

Check out Fox's channel mate, loads of good stuff on it.

If you want some easy watching where you'll pick up the odd tip or two then check out The Challenge with Mark Pitchers, Essentially just two mates having a laugh while fishing but they are hilarious to watch and you do learn a thing or two at the same time.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of the Fox Challenge and they are really good. I don't find many people funny but I chuckled a lot at Mark.

Thanks for the suggestions. 

6 hours ago, finchey said:

I gave you a follow mark but I've not had chance to watch any of your stuff yet. 👍

thanks finchey, i'd like to think there's some useful stuff on there, i'm not the best at it, there's no crappy carp team stuff, endless plugging of gear or sponsorship begging 😉 I hate drum and bass so there's none of that and I fish alone and on limited time so they aren't very 'arty' either😁

• 3 months later...
On 06/08/2018 at 20:51, marker said:

mine😁 lol, i'm not exactly great at it so I can always do with a few more subscribers😉

Mark Carp

I didn’t realise you were a member here, I watched a few of your barbel vids a couple of years ago, I found them very informative they helped me catch a 10 pounder on only my second barbel session... thanks mate 👍

1 hour ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

I didn’t realise you were a member here, I watched a few of your barbel vids a couple of years ago, I found them very informative they helped me catch a 10 pounder on only my second barbel session... thanks mate 👍

been a member on here for many years but I don't post much these days, mainly due to time constraints😉 thanks for the feedback mate, i'm made up you took something from the vids and caught, that's the kind of feedback that makes it worthwhile doing them👍😎