multi rig questions

cloud9

Just remember you need to check them if you get anything that resembles a pick up, I thought I had a line bite last week turns out I'd been done and my rig wasn't performing for a while after that 

Or as Danny Fairbrass would say my rig was on the dance floor but with its trousers and pants rounds it's ankles getting laughed at even by bream 

That's the only real downside I can see to the multi rig it doesn't reset itself, if you're not sure give it a recast 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just remember you need to check them if you get anything that resembles a pick up, I thought I had a line bite last week turns out I'd been done and my rig wasn't performing for a while after that 

Or as Danny Fairbrass would say my rig was on the dance floor but with its trousers and pants rounds it's ankles getting laughed at even by bream 

That's the only real downside I can see to the multi rig it doesn't reset itself, if you're not sure give it a recast 

In order to combat this issue is use a hook bead to keep the loop in place. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, emmcee said:

Get a curve shank hook on there. Can honestly say, I've never lost a fish using a curve shank hook with the multi rig. A mate put me on to it. It Doesn't look right I grant you but it works. A bit of food for thought maybe, especially as you like to think things through . 

Will have a look into it I have some curve shanks in my hook collection 😂

I found a good way make it easy to thread as well the fox easy splice needle, because it's so thin goes through hooks, aligners and small rings with ease I didn't get on with it splicing but I've found a good use for it now 😁

11 hours ago, emmcee said:

Get a curve shank hook on there. Can honestly say, I've never lost a fish using a curve shank hook with the multi rig. A mate put me on to it. It Doesn't look right I grant you but it works. A bit of food for thought maybe, especially as you like to think things through . 

So are you getting hook holds in the scissors , Emmcee ? , and would you recommend a Sz. 6 , or are you using Sz. 4s' as you targeting carp of 30lb+ ? .

😃

14 hours ago, crusian said:

So are you getting hook holds in the scissors , Emmcee ? , and would you recommend a Sz. 6 , or are you using Sz. 4s' as you targeting carp of 30lb+ ? .

😃

Size 4 Korda curve with korda N-trap soft hook link, with  9 out of 10 times its bang centre of the mouth. My loop is inch and half long  that goes through the eye of the hook. I always over weight the pop up. And yes targeting 30s and 40s.  But I've obviously caught much smaller fish on it and it's still bang centre. 

When I've used chod type hooks,  I've had hook pulls, hooking in different parts of the mouth etc. 

26 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Size 4 Korda curve with korda N-trap soft hook link, with  9 out of 10 times its bang centre of the mouth. My loop is inch and half long  that goes through the eye of the hook. I always over weight the pop up. And yes targeting 30s and 40s.  But I've obviously caught much smaller fish on it and it's still bang centre. 

When I've used chod type hooks,  I've had hook pulls, hooking in different parts of the mouth etc. 

Would you not use a semi stiff braid mate to help a ‘done’ rig reset emmcee 

I’ve seen the lumps you catch so it obviously works but does it not worry you that with softer material it’s in a pile if fish do have you off 

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

Would you not use a semi stiff braid mate to help a ‘done’ rig reset emmcee 

I’ve seen the lumps you catch so it obviously works but does it not worry you that with softer material it’s in a pile if fish do have you off 

Well the n-trap soft is coated so it's got some stiffness to it, obviously enough for it to work for me. Plus I use the tungsten rig sleeve which helps kick it away. 

And if I worried about how my rig was sitting then I don't think I'd leave it for more than 5mins in the water before checking it Haha. 

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Me too. I'd dearly love to hear the stories behind some of those kippers in the catch report/blog section (hint, hint). Especially some of the old Dinton fish. They are too cool to be kept quiet😁

Well once my little jobs around the house are done I might just do that. All my pics from back then are all photos so I'll either need to scan them or just take pics of them on my phone. Need to find them first though. 

Might do something like a favourite session from the lakes I've fished if I can find the pics to go with them. 

19 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Well once my little jobs around the house are done I might just do that. All my pics from back then are all photos so I'll either need to scan them or just take pics of them on my phone. Need to find them first though. 

Might do something like a favourite session from the lakes I've fished if I can find the pics to go with them. 

Looking forward to it 👍

8 hours ago, emmcee said:

That's great , Emmcee , just what I needed to know , many thanks .

I just need the lockdown to be relaxed , and I can give it a go .

😃 

19 hours ago, crusian said:

That's great , Emmcee , just what I needed to know , many thanks .

I just need the lockdown to be relaxed , and I can give it a go .

😃

Just thought, I only use 16mm pop ups on this rig. Bait size my alter the hooking potential,  I don't know for sure. Yet my mate he always goes against the grain, 6oz leads, 12inch or longer hooklinks if most are using 6-10 inch hook links and his pop ups for this rig are 20mm and he nails them also. My mate is currently fishing  dinton and he will not use any other rig since he's gone over to this. I think in the 4yrs he's been using it he has only ever had 1 hook pull , which on a lake like dinton or any lake for that matter, you don't want hook pulls. And he always tells me  how they were nailed when he goes to unhook them.  

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

Couldnt find a Kurve... tried it with a krank.. not too sure about that... tied with semi stiff N trap (the bait is a bouyant rubber tiger) looks odd

IMG-20200408-WA0017.jpeg

It doesn't look right at all, but boy it works. Or at least it has for me and a few mates that use a  curve shank with it. 

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

Couldnt find a Kurve... tried it with a krank.. not too sure about that... tied with semi stiff N trap (the bait is a bouyant rubber tiger) looks odd

IMG-20200408-WA0017.jpeg

It does look odd , Blue .

One day maybe you'll be able to report back on how it worked .

😃

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

It doesn't look right at all, but boy it works. Or at least it has for me and a few mates that use a  curve shank with it. 

BMG do a krank chod hook which I happen to have a packet of 😁 I will try and knock one up later on if I can the out turned eye may improve on your rig , I may have a curve type hook too 🤔😉

6 hours ago, emmcee said:

Just thought, I only use 16mm pop ups on this rig. Bait size my alter the hooking potential,  I don't know for sure. Yet my mate he always goes against the grain, 6oz leads, 12inch or longer hooklinks if most are using 6-10 inch hook links and his pop ups for this rig are 20mm and he nails them also. My mate is currently fishing  dinton and he will not use any other rig since he's gone over to this. I think in the 4yrs he's been using it he has only ever had 1 hook pull , which on a lake like dinton or any lake for that matter, you don't want hook pulls. And he always tells me  how they were nailed when he goes to unhook them.  

Thanks very much for the additional info. , Emmcee .

I'll twiddle around with the bait size , but I haven't got Big Boy Pants big enough to use a 6oz lead 😮.

😃