Rib elastic replacement.

The elastic in the middle rib of my old but otherwise perfect JRC Sti 2-man bivvy has broken. It's no big deal, actually, as the bivvy still works perfectly but I'd rather like to replace the elastic/bungy.

Is this something I can undertake myself? Any tips and pointers gratefully received.

Ian

Tig welding rod (you’ll definitely have one of them) make a crook tie your new elastic on thread through the 3/4 sections. Don’t know if getting the metal end caps off would be a problem tho,mate.

Glad to see you and Alan had a good time in France,mate. 😬😎

Funny as my Aqua bivvy broke an elastic soon after I bought it !

When I phoned them they said they would keep my details and get in touch when the relevant person got back from holiday!

Well 2 years on and I have given up on that one and the bivvy still works fine.

Elastic would have been nice but customer service on something so expensive would have been ideal!

Cheers

Ian

54 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Tig welding rod (you’ll definitely have one of them) make a crook tie your new elastic on thread through the 3/4 sections. Don’t know if getting the metal end caps off would be a problem tho,mate.

Glad to see you and Alan had a good time in France,mate. 😬😎

Stevo, we had the best time at Rushes Lake and for the first time in ages I actually caught more fish than my son!

Ian

5 minutes ago, welder said:

Stevo, we had the best time at Rushes Lake and for the first time in ages I actually caught more fish than my son!

Ian

Well done,mate. Poor Alan but as long as you both enjoyed yourselves that’s what really matters 😎