June catch reports

emmcee

20180603_091103.jpg

Had this on a freelined prawn last sunday... 17lb 4oz... 
Spent the day bundled up in a back brace as I'd pulled my Sacro ligament... blooming murder it is... this made the pain worthwhile though... tackle was a Sharpe's 8' Split cane  Stalking/Spinning rod and the reel is a Mordex Merlin loaded with 10lb... hook size 8, with a small prawn flicked out close to a lily pad on our Club Water 

Well my recent great run is continuing. Got down the lake around 11 last night and by the time I pulled off at 8am I had another 2 carp (around 18lb and the stockie probably no more then 12lb) I also had 5 tench including the 2 monsters from a double take, must have been around 8lb but I forgot my weigh sling! That’s 11 carp and probably a million tench in the last 6 sessions. 1 carp short of what I achieved in the whole of last year on this lake.

4E803443-BDB3-471E-9A8B-C7BFADC609E6.jpeg

F36D0339-67A0-4919-BA5B-EEF901E673AD.jpeg

D7C1C2EC-A022-4AD7-ADEA-FDB2913B7FC7.jpeg

6 hours ago, bluelabel said:
20180603_091103.jpg

Spent the day bundled up in a back brace as I'd pulled my Sacro ligament... blooming murder it is... this made the pain worthwhile though... tackle was a Sharpe's 8' Split cane  Stalking/Spinning rod and the reel is a Mordex Merlin loaded with 10lb... hook size 8, with a small prawn flicked out close to a lily pad on our Club Water 

Ouch ! .

I hope  you heal quickly , Blue .

The 'photo hasn't come out on my iPad , which is a damn shame as I enjoy looking at your vintage gear .

🙂

5 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Well my recent great run is continuing. Got down the lake around 11 last night and by the time I pulled off at 8am I had another 2 carp (around 18lb and the stockie probably no more then 12lb) I also had 5 tench including the 2 monsters from a double take, must have been around 8lb but I forgot my weigh sling! That’s 11 carp and probably a million tench in the last 6 sessions. 1 carp short of what I achieved in the whole of last year on this lake.

4E803443-BDB3-471E-9A8B-C7BFADC609E6.jpeg

F36D0339-67A0-4919-BA5B-EEF901E673AD.jpeg

D7C1C2EC-A022-4AD7-ADEA-FDB2913B7FC7.jpeg

Keep on haulin' , Ginger ! .

😄

On 08/06/2018 at 11:05, bluelabel said:
20180603_091103.jpg

22 hours ago, crusian said:

Ouch ! .

I hope  you heal quickly , Blue .

The 'photo hasn't come out on my iPad , which is a damn shame as I enjoy looking at your vintage gear .

🙂

19 hours ago, bluelabel said:

@crusian_1994 Funnily enough I tried to view it on my Mobile (android) and the pic wouldn't load.... it's a dropbox file and I can view it in my dropbox account but not posted within the Carp forum

Funnily enough, you have posted an image of the filename :confused: so that really is a clever trick :lol:

when posting a link to the photo, it should have quite a bit before: 20180603_091103.jpg; it should start with https:// and then be followed by something like dropbox.com/2018/06/bluelabels_massive_carp/20180603_091103.jpg

I don't have a drop box account so don't know much more, sorry.

Finished work about half 3 this afternoon and decided to drive by the lake on the way home.

Within a minute of being at the lake I saw 5 different fish leaping clean out of the water so as I still had the rods in the car from yesterday I decided to grab the  rods and just cast singles with a little stick at showing fish.

Fished for just over 2 hours , recasting every 15 minutes or so to the last  show if I didnt get a bite.

Ended up with 3 with this one being the best.

IMG-20180609-WA0012.jpg

Edited by muftyboy
Speeling

4 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Nice muft  😎

The fish are looking loads better since the survey work . I'm out netting a lake with them next week . There be happy to hear the lakes doing well .

Defiantly on the right track mate.

Just want one of the mirrors now.

Must of seen at least 15 different mirrors the last few days but just can't catch them lol

6 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Nice muft  😎

The fish are looking loads better since the survey work . I'm out netting a lake with them next week . There be happy to hear the lakes doing well .

And also thank him from me.

I know they weren't the most welcoming when he came down to do it ( that's Londoners for you).But over the last 18 months or so they have actually taken on board his advice and the fish have definitely benefited.

They are even talking about using the bp milling feed now too so something must of got through.

6 hours ago, muftyboy said:

And also thank him from me.

I know they weren't the most welcoming when he came down to do it ( that's Londoners for you).But over the last 18 months or so they have actually taken on board his advice and the fish have definitely benefited.

They are even talking about using the bp milling feed now too so something must of got through.

Will do muft .... It's actually one of Ben's lakes we're netting , ( BP milling ) 

Nightmare of a weekend for me. Went to bluebell for a social with mates and we somehow managed to get 3 swims on fish on kingfisher lake (big fish water). Was looking very good indeed until they started spawning lol.

Packed up and moved to the only 3 swims we could find which were on bluebell lake over 18 ft of water..... Did manage to catch a tench from the edge and lost a carp on an adjustable zig but by 2am the rods had to come in because they started spawning there too!

Moved over to mallard lake and managed to find 3 swims together. They spawned weeks ago on mallard so we basically had a night to make something happen without risk of spawning fish. I found a great little spot right in the middle of a huge weed-bed so filled it in and whacked all 3 rods on it. Managed to get 5 carp to salvage the weekend. All little doubles but hey I wasn't complaining after the luck we'd had this weekend.

Guess how many other guys we saw pulling off spawning fish..... none. We actually watched guys under-arming floaters on the heads of spawning fish in the marginal lillies. Unforgivable.

20180617_080500.jpg

7 hours ago, Highy said:

😲😲ooooo....how on earth u manage that...hospital job ??

Pushed it through, had another fish, cut it at the shank, then pushed the rest out!! Lol

you can see in the first two pictures that I have two rods left out fishing and then in the last pic, the fish in the net!!! Weird playing one with a rig hanging out your finger!!!

D429EC57-D4BA-4C27-98BE-5CF9FB3BCFB6.jpeg

25AAB3F5-8ADA-4543-981A-12D6AD3BA3E4.jpeg

BD0A86EB-4FD8-4D36-978C-4BF0077F862F.jpeg