Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

On 20/03/2023 at 21:42, buzzbomb said:

I looked at a Sedona last summer but didn't buy because it felt cramped and I thought it might be uncomfortable on a long trip. The Jeep Liberty I eventually got isn't built for fat men either, but it was such a good deal and is so much fun I don't care.

Nice I do like the Jeep one of those cars that will last years.

Anyone looking for a cheap carp wagon these sedonas are just right don't be put off by the 2.9 engine the diesel gets a good return nice smooth drive the gear shift is a bit agricultural nothing a van driver would worry about.

Plus it's the hyundi crdi engine the older ones are a timing chain plenty of low mileage sedonas about.

21 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Anyone looking for a cheap carp wagon these sedonas are just right don't be put off by the 2.9 engine the diesel gets a good return nice smooth drive the gear shift is a bit agricultural nothing a van driver would worry about.

Most vans here (and most other vehicles) are now automatics, but I've had lots of standard shift cars and trucks over my lifetime.  For carping I had 2 Ford Windstars in a row, a 2000 and a 2002 and they were the perfect size for me because I take a lot of stuff.  My first consideration was will my holdall fit?  Probably a bit large by UK van standards and a 3.8L V-6 (my 2006 Liberty has a 3.7).  A lot of people here who don't need them have big 1/2 ton 4x4 trucks with V-8 engines, but some people really use them. 

52 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

33 minutes till I'm lake bound. 

Doing a cheeky apres work one, I've been flat out all day to make this happen and after a run of bad luck recently I hope I'm lucky. I feel quite hopeful tonight dunno why come on the carps. 

Good luck elmo, let us know how you get on mate. 😁👍🎣

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

33 minutes till I'm lake bound. 

Doing a cheeky apres work one, I've been flat out all day to make this happen and after a run of bad luck recently I hope I'm lucky. I feel quite hopeful tonight dunno why come on the carps. 

Elmo setting up in the dark is not easy and I take my hat off to you, them sessions are well gone for me you deserve a good result 🤞

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks all, got here got in a peg I fancied, got the brolly straight up luckily as its chucked it down ever since 😂

I have 3 rods sorted clipped up and raring to go just need the rain to ease now, so I can get them out properly, no point rushing I'm having a cuppa while I wait 🙄

How did it go Elmo ?...did the Carp God's grace you ?...check this out.

Screenshot_20230323_080946_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8db60b2bd2e3cf54b494b63c54101657.jpg

15 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks all, got here got in a peg I fancied, got the brolly straight up luckily as its chucked it down ever since 😂

I have 3 rods sorted clipped up and raring to go just need the rain to ease now, so I can get them out properly, no point rushing I'm having a cuppa while I wait 🙄

Your first sentence summed it up for me. "You got in a peg you fancied", which tells me you had a preconceived idea of where you wanted to go and therefore not have good look around and try and find fish (apologies if I've got that wrong). I've done the exact same on  overnighters and my catches were few and far between.  I found overnighters hard work, to the extent that they would mess up my weekends fishing as id be so tired. 

Hope you get lucky next time. 

1 minute ago, emmcee said:

Your first sentence summed it up for me. "You got in a peg you fancied", which tells me you had a preconceived idea of where you wanted to go and therefore not have good look around and try and find fish (apologies if I've got that wrong). I've done the exact same on  overnighters and my catches were few and far between.  I found overnighters hard work, to the extent that they would mess up my weekends fishing as id be so tired. 

Tbh I kind of knew who was where before I got there, and that was pretty much as good as I could've hoped for. There was 5 on last night so I kind of had the choice of 2 areas one which I could've been hemmed in but probably would have had a small chance or where I was where I thought I had a big bit of water to try and find them. You are right though, I could've and should've looked a bit more but I knew the rain was coming and it had been a long day 🙄 I'm still trying to make them work at the minute, I learn something each time so it's OK, I will have a chance at some point ☺️

On 22/03/2023 at 22:52, B B said:

Elmo setting up in the dark is not easy and I take my hat off to you, them sessions are well gone for me you deserve a good result 🤞

On 22/03/2023 at 22:56, Highy said:

I did it once with my lad n a mate, set up Friday night about 10pm, until Sunday teatime. Never again, as it takes 10times as long.

21 hours ago, emmcee said:

I never fancied overnighters in the first place , and these posts just reinforce my decision .

I find it hard to discipline myself to check the lake out in the daylight , never mind the dark .

Hats off to you , Elmo. for having the " hunger " to push yourself , I'll just pull the duvet over me , and read about how you got on when I wake up  the next morning .

😁

Will a Cyprinus Typhoon MH Social Cap fit a Standard Cyprinus Typhoon?

Been looking at the Cyprinus Typhoon, with Social Cap as all the Trakker ones I'm asking about are selling straight away.

Also I can pick up a Tempest 200 with capsule for £325 off a lad who bought it for France with his Mrs, now they split up it too big for him.

• 3 weeks later...

Im really, really annoyed by petty crime, again.🤮

I've got 2 vans, both have been broken into by drilling holes in the sidedoor panel where the latch is.

First time they took 3 cordless tool around £400 new. Damage to the doors at £1k.

This week, they damaged the latch so couldn't get in?? Estimate £1.5K.

The tools we use are only around £7-800, so not worth insuring due to £500 excess. Same for the damage caused, not worth claiming for!!

Quote for dead locks £500 each van.

So for a these parasites looking for an easy score it's cost me around £3k😭😭😭

Not a happy chappy

11 hours ago, commonly said:

Im really, really annoyed by petty crime, again.🤮

I've got 2 vans, both have been broken into by drilling holes in the sidedoor panel where the latch is.

First time they took 3 cordless tool around £400 new. Damage to the doors at £1k.

This week, they damaged the latch so couldn't get in?? Estimate £1.5K.

The tools we use are only around £7-800, so not worth insuring due to £500 excess. Same for the damage caused, not worth claiming for!!

Quote for dead locks £500 each van.

So for a these parasites looking for an easy score it's cost me around £3k😭😭😭

Not a happy chappy

Can you do what some lorry drivers do i.e. leave the doors of their empty lorries open to show the scum there's nothing worth nicking ? ; or is it not possible to  isolate your vans  cabs ? .

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Can you do what some lorry drivers do i.e. leave the doors of their empty lorries open to show the scum there's nothing worth nicking ? ; or is it not possible to  isolate your vans  cabs ? .

With the holes drilled out, they are pretty much anyway.

They busted the lock on one & put a massive scratch down the panel.

The van that's been done twice just had stuff moved around.

I'm tempted to sit in the back & wait for them☠️

Screenshot_20230421_234120_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230421_233746_WhatsApp.jpg

13 hours ago, commonly said:

With the holes drilled out, they are pretty much anyway.

They busted the lock on one & put a massive scratch down the panel.

The van that's been done twice just had stuff moved around.

I'm tempted to sit in the back & wait for them☠️

Screenshot_20230421_234120_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230421_233746_WhatsApp.jpg

I don't blame you for wanting to go all vigilante , Commonly , trouble is if the Police catch you you'll get into trouble , not the scumbags that are doing all the nicking / damage .

🤬

• 1 month later...