Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Wow that was a grind 15 hours at the hospital fair play thay did the op but what a game of poltics i swear they are fitting NHS patients in between private jobs they got her in at 7am we were thinking it would be a morning op, 3.30 they took her in, the woman before was having a larger operation so they get another one in at the same time incase they can't go ahead with the first operation for whatever reason.

Done now and just the radiotherapy to start.

1 hour ago, Carpbell3 said:

Wow that was a grind 15 hours at the hospital fair play thay did the op but what a game of poltics i swear they are fitting NHS patients in between private jobs they got her in at 7am we were thinking it would be a morning op, 3.30 they took her in, the woman before was having a larger operation so they get another one in at the same time incase they can't go ahead with the first operation for whatever reason.

Done now and just the radiotherapy to start.

They (NHS)do the best with what this diarrhea government have put in front of them, as with every sector of life those with, are fine, those without take your chances???? 

At least we have a skeletal health service, I wouldn't want to live in the states and become ill.

,Best wishes fella

On 02/03/2023 at 00:26, commonly said:

They (NHS)do the best with what this diarrhea government have put in front of them, as with every sector of life those with, are fine, those without take your chances???? 

At least we have a skeletal health service, I wouldn't want to live in the states and become ill.

,Best wishes fella

We did OK to be fair it is a slight problem having to faste the evening before for the morning slot only to still be waiting till late afternoon. It can cause problems with the full anaesthetic.

2 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

We did OK to be fair it is a slight problem having to faste the evening before for the morning slot only to still be waiting till late afternoon. It can cause problems with the full anaesthetic.

My mate had a bit of a wait to have Stents fitted on Wednesday it went well 3hrs on the table. He said the same about having to go hungry which was a problem as he has to take tablets with food 

All the best for a speedy recovery. 

22 hours ago, B B said:

My mate had a bit of a wait to have Stents fitted on Wednesday it went well 3hrs on the table. He said the same about having to go hungry which was a problem as he has to take tablets with food 

All the best for a speedy recovery. 

It is not needed these days a light meal is better for you before surgery obv you would get people packing down a Mc breakfast on route which would be a problem so they still go by the old rules can see why they have low blood pressure after the op though.

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Is it me or is it everywhere you look now, Parker Baits seem to be on every page ?

Every Video, Article, Write up....

Never seen them before.

In other news just found a very ill woman contemplating suicide when out with the dog proper state lucky I'm used to bi polar people posh woman late 50s had to talk her into going back to her car called the police and they came out, she's lucky not the sort of area you would want to be in that state.

2 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Never seen them before.

In other news just found a very ill woman contemplating suicide when out with the dog proper state lucky I'm used to bi polar people posh woman late 50s had to talk her into going back to her car called the police and they came out, she's lucky not the sort of area you would want to be in that state.

Soz for the blurt but was horrible poor woman had a proper breakdown on a bridle way, all her medicines and belongings scattered everywhere thought she had been beat up, had to call the police and wait got the whole life story.

Parker baits look alright that fruit and nut looks similar to what I have been making mines more of a yeasty meat and nut with the plum flavour and talin, which really does make a difference to the overall fruitiness.

I'd be happy to buy from any bait company that has put that amount of investment in the plant be a better bait than tackleshop sold brands.

1 hour ago, Carpbell3 said:

Soz for the blurt but was horrible poor woman had a proper breakdown on a bridle way, all her medicines and belongings scattered everywhere thought she had been beat up, had to call the police and wait got the whole life story.

The lady was lucky it was you there to help her , Carpbell , I'm sure I would have stuffed  up . 

4 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Well done mate, very good thing you did, glad it was a good outcome too. Hopefully she starts to get some help and get better 

2 hours ago, crusian said:

The lady was lucky it was you there to help her , Carpbell , I'm sure I would have stuffed  up . 

You probably wouldn't to be fair, people just need a human to listen. I did a mental health first aid course this year, I like to think I've always been caring but that gave me some tools I didn't have, and it's been really eye opening. 

Little tip 

Just listen, don't try to tell them you know how it feels, just ask open ended questions that give them the space to talk, be calm, reassuring and patient, you have all the tools already, 

I've been helping a girl at work with anxiety through some tricky times and I went to a disciplinary with her last week, after that she went to her boss got talking honestly and got things sorted out and is happy again and less stressed, she bought me some chocolates as a thankyou, made me well emotional lol, but it was nice to have made a difference 

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

You probably wouldn't to be fair, people just need a human to listen. I did a mental health first aid course this year, I like to think I've always been caring but that gave me some tools I didn't have, and it's been really eye opening. 

Little tip 

Just listen, don't try to tell them you know how it feels, just ask open ended questions that give them the space to talk, be calm, reassuring and patient, you have all the tools already, 

I've been helping a girl at work with anxiety through some tricky times and I went to a disciplinary with her last week, after that she went to her boss got talking honestly and got things sorted out and is happy again and less stressed, she bought me some chocolates as a thankyou, made me well emotional lol, but it was nice to have made a difference 

Thanks , Elmo .

I'll do my best to remember your tip .

😃

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up in Friday morning with a cricked neck, rested in through out Friday and woke up Saturday with a stiff neck but it felt like it was on the mend.

Decided to walk the dog. 

Dog lunged at a cat. 

Dog brang all that pain back from the cricked neck and it felt twice as bad!!!! 

I hate to admit it but I feel like my body isn't recovering like it used to 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

I woke up in Friday morning with a cricked neck, rested in through out Friday and woke up Saturday with a stiff neck but it felt like it was on the mend.

Decided to walk the dog. 

Dog lunged at a cat. 

Ouch. 

Cold packs (or bag of frozen peas) work best for muscular pain.

I found, it's better to lay flat or be stood up. Keeps the spine straight. 

This is a lifesaver for my back when it plays up

https://www.physique.co.uk/Massage/Thumper-Massagers/Thumper-Sport?gclid=CjwKCAjw5dqgBhBNEiwA7PryaJ5hjxdMgWKZJSnjxgJbRiINU3Ayk5bbFOwjBp81wlmwvzIYd4Zi9xoCIiIQAvD_BwE

I feel your pain and yes as you get older these things seem to take longer to recover from.

Speedy recovery mate

3 hours ago, jh92 said:

Decided to walk the dog. 

Dog lunged at a cat. 

I seem to be going through a constant battle with something at the moment ,I've had cold after cold which always seem to turn into a chest infection ,my back has gone about 3 times since Christmas ,this getting old business sucks ,I didn't sign up for this 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I seem to be going through a constant battle with something at the moment ,I've had cold after cold which always seem to turn into a chest infection ,my back has gone about 3 times since Christmas ,this getting old business sucks ,I didn't sign up for this 

Iv just got over a bug that’s going around my way took almost 4 wks to get over it, aches and pains, sneezing, runny nose, headaches, fever, and a cough that just wouldn’t go away… and the stuff I was coughing up 🤢 …thought it was Covid but wasn’t. 

Maybe a barrow with a motor would help with your back Elmo 

5 hours ago, B B said:

Iv just got over a bug that’s going around my way took almost 4 wks to get over it, aches and pains, sneezing, runny nose, headaches, fever, and a cough that just wouldn’t go away… and the stuff I was coughing up 🤢 …thought it was Covid but wasn’t. 

Maybe a barrow with a motor would help with your back Elmo 

If only I got a bad back from fishing it's usually something pathetic.

Picking up a hair brush off the TV stand (irony alert )

Bending slightly or maybe a little stretch at the wrong time.

It wouldn't be so bad of it was action man injuries lol 

16 hours ago, jh92 said:

Decided to walk the dog. 

Dog lunged at a cat. 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I used to take Nurofen Meltlets if ever I tweaked anything to try and stop the muscles going into spasm , but I had to stop that as the Nurofen clashed with my regular tablets . Nowadays I just take paracetamol .

Sounds like you need regular stretching exercises to make you more supple , Elmo .

😃

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

My back has gone several times over the last few years and think the worst was when I was brushing my teeth, I bent over to spit in the sink and my back locked and I couldn't move for quite a few minutes and when I could eventually move it was the most worst pain ever.