Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

12 hours ago, Highy said:

I've been off Topic for last week or 2, without sounding selfless, I've been in my own bubble.

A good close friend took his own life 2 Fridays ago, he was in a bad place.....

He'd been on sick for a while...got Covid, then long Covid, then needed surgery on his heart, then his wife left him, then got sectioned, then had a melt down, and then his wife found him at home, he had hung himself in the garage.

Funny thing is, I was with him the night before and seemed absolutely fine and joking around.

Homelike is OK, but Wife can see I'm not myself.....

Work, getting to monotonous now, and I'm looking elsewhere. 

So, now I'm just focusing on myself and Family, when I can get out I will (this Friday) and just relax myself.

Saturday our 11Yr wedding anniversary,  Monday little 13th Birthday. 

Then look forward to the 25th n 25th Feb @ the Northern Carp Show.

Hi mate 

Really sorry to hear about your friend, that's terribly sad to hear, it sounds like he had an awful run of luck such a shame and a tragic loss, hope you are bearing up OK, if you need to chat or anything just drop us a message, 

Having a play about earlier....

20230210_123304.thumb.jpg.1b2357a2c757399e3464c02525e6fb1b.jpg

Going to start making up some new boom/braid sections for my rigs.....but I'm gonna go to the point of swapping hooks instead of retying rigs if I can.

The 1 issue I'm getting is I think I need smaller kickers, these are Bank Tackle standard kickers, look abit to loose for the size 8's, not too bad on the 4's, but don't use a 4....90% time I use a size 8.

Gonna look at the Nash "Small" Kickers, abit more snugness fit.

39 minutes ago, Highy said:

Having a play about earlier....

20230210_123304.thumb.jpg.1b2357a2c757399e3464c02525e6fb1b.jpg

Going to start making up some new boom/braid sections for my rigs.....but I'm gonna go to the point of swapping hooks instead of retying rigs if I can.

The 1 issue I'm getting is I think I need smaller kickers, these are Bank Tackle standard kickers, look abit to loose for the size 8's, not too bad on the 4's, but don't use a 4....90% time I use a size 8.

Gonna look at the Nash "Small" Kickers, abit more snugness fit.

Hmm , I'm a SZ. 6 man , and like you I use a boom section with a Ronnie that I can quickly change . On my next trip out I'm going to try a Cygnet Tackle Kicker - Cygnet have a 5 for 4 offer on their Terminal Tackle .

😃

5 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hmm , I'm a SZ. 6 man , and like you I use a boom section with a Ronnie that I can quickly change . On my next trip out I'm going to try a Cygnet Tackle Kicker - Cygnet have a 5 for 4 offer on their Terminal Tackle .

😃

I've only just started to really do this, every other time it's shrink tube....just looked at the Cygnet Hook Riggers 👍👍

1 minute ago, B B said:

There’s a coincidence, just finished this minute some Ronnie rigs, I don’t use kickers with the Krank hooks just shrink tube. 

5F475436-89E6-4FC9-852A-6CB9E7A2B1E0.jpeg

I was using shrink tube, but today both rigs hooks were blunt, so knocked up 2 new rigs, but slows the fishing down....so going to use kickers from now hopefully. 

20220705_190109.thumb.jpg.2480a7095c5a5e2f95b63525d9e8619d.jpg

ronnies/spinners on left, hair rigs on right.

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

I was using shrink tube, but today both rigs hooks were blunt, so knocked up 2 new rigs, but slows the fishing down....so going to use kickers from now hopefully. 

20220705_190109.thumb.jpg.2480a7095c5a5e2f95b63525d9e8619d.jpg

ronnies/spinners on left, hair rigs on right.

Il knock up pile of spinner hooks then if I got to change a hook it’s quick with the esp clips

8C642088-7A77-41D3-9697-284BE11300E5.jpeg

Don't be scared of coloured kickers, I've caught using them especially pink 

I got some esp ronnie clips and I got some hooks prepped with shrink tube so I can just swap em over, personally I think shrink tube keeps the rig sat better positioned, the kickers can move and twist a bit but they are easier if you haven't got them prepped in advance 

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Don't be scared of coloured kickers, I've caught using them especially pink 

I got some esp ronnie clips and I got some hooks prepped with shrink tube so I can just swap em over, personally I think shrink tube keeps the rig sat better positioned, the kickers can move and twist a bit but they are easier if you haven't got them prepped in advance 

Could even match the same colour hookbait to same colour Kicker 🤔🤔🤔....something to think about.

Set off to Catterick Garrison (Army Barracks) this afternoon with the family for the weekend to visit wife's sister. They'll be looking after the dog for the week while we're away in June, so need to get him used to the place, be visiting a few times before then.

I've been asked do I want to do some basic Army drills while I'm there 😬😬, so up early in the morning......

Glutton for punishment. 

16 hours ago, Highy said:

Set off to Catterick Garrison (Army Barracks) this afternoon with the family for the weekend to visit wife's sister. They'll be looking after the dog for the week while we're away in June, so need to get him used to the place, be visiting a few times before then.

I've been asked do I want to do some basic Army drills while I'm there 😬😬, so up early in the morning......

Glutton for punishment. 

Sounds painful, reminds me of my BB days I still march to this day thanks to them, handy for walking the dog.

Funny as, guarantee anyone that walks any distance with me will be calling for me to slow down.

23 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Sounds painful, reminds me of my BB days I still march to this day thanks to them, handy for walking the dog.

Funny as, guarantee anyone that walks any distance with me will be calling for me to slow down.

Done for the day now, physical fitness and circuit training skills were done, spewed a few times....chill now, bath when home, deffo sleep tonight. Be sore tomorrow. 

19 hours ago, Highy said:

Glutton for punishment. 

my little brother (now 46) was born at Richmond Hospital when my Dad was a drill pig at Catterick in the 70's, we have never been back but i still remember the outside toilets in the quarters and nothing but snow in the winter.......

2 hours ago, B B said:

Sounds like my honeymoon.  🤔

1 hour ago, barry211 said:

my little brother (now 46) was born at Richmond Hospital when my Dad was a drill pig at Catterick in the 70's, we have never been back but i still remember the outside toilets in the quarters and nothing but snow in the winter.......

Wife's Sisters Husband, he's in the 1st Battalion Duke of Lancaster, Bomb Disposal.....

Been to the Wars, front line IED Bomb Disposal.

Been in the barracks this afternoon,  woooow some of the gear is out of this world.

5 hours ago, Highy said:

Done for the day now, physical fitness and circuit training skills were done, spewed a few times....chill now, bath when home, deffo sleep tonight. Be sore tomorrow. 

You're not supposed to run round while eating pies , Highy .

Is the Army the career change you're looking for 🤔 ? .

22 minutes ago, crusian said:

You're not supposed to run round while eating pies , Highy .

Is the Army the career change you're looking for 🤔 ? .

Hahaha,

Nah, no chance....little en enjoyed the little tour of the barracks though....looking at all the ways they train/work, also the bomb disposal trucks and 1st response.

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Wife's Sisters Husband, he's in the 1st Battalion Duke of Lancaster, Bomb Disposal.....

Been to the Wars, front line IED Bomb Disposal.

Been in the barracks this afternoon,  woooow some of the gear is out of this world.

i loved growing up in and around barracks especially in Germany, nothing quite like crawling over tanks and 4 tonners at break time in a service school, you never know the fella could have been up Gt Yarmouth way last week messing about with the bomb they dug up :)

my Dad was Royal Signals and Catterick was the training barracks back then