Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Not even thought about getting out, making bait has gone the way of dirty bath water looks like if I do get out this year it will just be a few local lakes 

Think I will go with shop bought bait just haven't got the interest to start making my own, been ill as a pig with that cold, lost a stone in weight in the space of a week. Really was looking forward to picking out a good lake and doing a regular baiting campaign maybe next year lol.

10 minutes ago, jh92 said:

So I've gone into the shed to start putting up some more racking, a bottle of squid liquid has cracked and leaked all over my gear and the floor. It happened a while back by the looks of it and has seeped into the fabrics 😭😭😭😭

Always keep my flavours etc in a bucket lol

thats gonna stink

I did have at least a nice smelling bottle break it was DT baits pineapple chunks

Edited by framey

On 16/01/2023 at 09:45, jh92 said:

So I've gone into the shed to start putting up some more racking, a bottle of squid liquid has cracked and leaked all over my gear and the floor. It happened a while back by the looks of it and has seeped into the fabrics 😭😭😭😭

Sheds are dodgy for tackle I put mine in the outhouse shed mouse was straight in there chewed my rug so I moved everything to under the stairs I have everything in carp porter bags last thing I need is them getting smashed up.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I lost my dad today. Knew it was coming, old buggar kept going for a few more months than was expected. Heavy drinker and smoker. Liver packed up, blah, blah! 

I didn't think it would bother me, but when I look back, the good times were few and far between. He took me fishing for the first time and I will always remember that, fondly. Not that he was an angler. I got into it and he was wasn't, always too busy at work to go, etc.

So, I suppose I have to be grateful for the introduction to one of my few passions in life. 

Life is for living and none of us know how long we have??? 

I recently dug out a post from 2019 when life was kind of normal, Carp.Com social@ horseshoe lake.

It would be good to have an event to look forward to, so I ask the regulars, are you up for a social? 

Enjoy gents, best wishes to you and your families 

34 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Sorry to hear that mate I'd  do a carp.com social problem being most on here think I'm a proper wrong un lol most would back out if I showed up I have zero filter you should hear some of my mates Mrs start when I turn up.

Renaming one of them Hitler Tash don't help.

That sounds like you'd fit right in. Everyone on here would be welcome mate.

So you're up for it then? 

19 hours ago, commonly said:

So, I lost my dad today. Knew it was coming, old buggar kept going for a few more months than was expected. Heavy drinker and smoker. Liver packed up, blah, blah! 

I didn't think it would bother me, but when I look back, the good times were few and far between. He took me fishing for the first time and I will always remember that, fondly. Not that he was an angler. I got into it and he was wasn't, always too busy at work to go, etc.

So, I suppose I have to be grateful for the introduction to one of my few passions in life. 

Life is for living and none of us know how long we have??? 

I recently dug out a post from 2019 when life was kind of normal, Carp.Com social@ horseshoe lake.

It would be good to have an event to look forward to, so I ask the regulars, are you up for a social? 

Enjoy gents, best wishes to you and your families 

I'm really sorry for your loss mate, hope you are bearing up OK, if you need a rant or anything drop us a message 

I think I would quite enjoy a social if we can sort one, I'm happy to drive a bit too 

Thanks Elmo, it was an end to his decline. He had a very good life, as did most baby boomers. [censored]ed it all up the wall though😏

As they say, it's the only thing that you can be certain, will happen to everyone! 

The trouble in 2019 was not many people were up for it and tying up dates. That's why I thought I'd try earlier in the year. 

All help gratefully received mate, I'm hoping someone with a bit more authority than me would get involved?

I'm just an average member, (excuse the pun!) 

1 hour ago, commonly said:

Thanks Elmo, it was an end to his decline. He had a very good life, as did most baby boomers. [censored]ed it all up the wall though😏

As they say, it's the only thing that you can be certain, will happen to everyone! 

The trouble in 2019 was not many people were up for it and tying up dates. That's why I thought I'd try earlier in the year. 

All help gratefully received mate, I'm hoping someone with a bit more authority than me would get involved?

I'm just an average member, (excuse the pun!) 

Hopefully you can just think of the good times, if you think you need to talk about things though just talk to someone it is better to get it out your system. 

Hopefully we can sort something out I'm sure others would be interested too if we got a venue and got the ball rolling a bit found a nice venue and that 

I did see an embryo one that could be booked exclusively which looked alright