Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

4 hours ago, Highy said:

Don't mention Cars (vroom vroom)....

These past 2 weeks couldn't get any worse....

1stly....Start of last week, little ens school informed me n wife that our son is a RACIST I hit the roof and went in to find out why, basically they were in Georaphy and there is a Country in Africa spelt Niger (sorry for this in advance and no offenec)....obviously spelt out it says the word, but it is pronounced differently....obviously we got to the bottom of it and he was talking about the spelling does say the word during school and they gave him isolation for it....hit the roof again and all to all it ended up as an educational inquiry....

2ndly....middle of last week the car decided to have a massive dump of oil in front of the house, £300 bill to fix all oil hoses, oil pan, oil seal, oil plugs, oil filter, labour n fresh oil...

3rdly...this week (monday) my lad (yr8)was on the bus on way home from school when out of no where a yr10 pupil snatched his phone off him, stamped all over, then mi lad went pick it up and the yr10 punched him in the face, my lad hit his head on window, then the yr10 repeatedly hit him over the head with a metal water bottle....School, AnE and police in 1 night....gone down as Criminal Damage n Assault.....put it this way, school will be having an ofsted visit and maybe article in paper if nothing comes of this....

4thly...last night on way from work, car (again) sounds like a blender in any gear, fine in neutral....RAC towed me to garage, and so far just without looking sounds like clutch,gearbox may have dropped from each other....another £300+ bill I think....

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Gutted to read about your boy mate and I hope the school don’t try to use the old “outside school not our responsibility” card .

My son’s just started secondary school and tbh I’ve been worried sick about him as I remember bullying was rife when I was at school .

He’s forbidden to take his phone to school for just that reason , I’m paranoid about it . 
I hope your son gets through the trauma unscathed Highy … the offending cowardly brat needs running in 😡

47 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Gutted to read about your boy mate and I hope the school don’t try to use the old “outside school not our responsibility” card .

My son’s just started secondary school and tbh I’ve been worried sick about him as I remember bullying was rife when I was at school .

He’s forbidden to take his phone to school for just that reason , I’m paranoid about it . 
I hope your son gets through the trauma unscathed Highy … the offending cowardly brat needs running in 😡

Put it this way, I didn't roll over, school have taken this seriously, as I've said ofsted and papers will be told that the school allows bully's to attend here...1 of the rugby lads who is mates with mi lad said "we'll do him in" if nothing is done to him....

He's OK now though, Thanks

When I was being bullied on my way home from school in about 1966  I started carrying a railway spike in my coat pocket. They came on, I pulled it out and asked who wanted to be first, and they decided to leave me alone, though some of us became friends later.  Because Canadians are so friendly. 8)  

Dad always said intelligent people talk things out, but mom said sometimes you have to give it back to them.

17 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

When I was being bullied on my way home from school in about 1966  I started carrying a railway spike in my coat pocket. They came on, I pulled it out and asked who wanted to be first, and they decided to leave me alone, though some of us became friends later.  Because Canadians are so friendly. 8)  

Dad always said intelligent people talk things out, but mom said sometimes you have to give it back to them.

My lad moved to a City school at 14 1st phonecall was that he had a knife held to his throat in the lunch hall - police involved, next call he's been beaten up badly, 3rd and final call he's been beaten badly again but eventually lost his cool and bombed the bully out.

Thankfully it ended there, god knows what made him so determined to go back every day - scared us to death.

On 06/10/2022 at 10:19, Highy said:

1stly....Start of last week, little ens school informed me n wife that our son is a RACIST I hit the roof and went in to find out why, basically they were in Georaphy and there is a Country in Africa spelt Niger (sorry for this in advance and no offenec)....obviously spelt out it says the word, but it is pronounced differently....obviously we got to the bottom of it and he was talking about the spelling does say the word during school and they gave him isolation for it....hit the roof again and all to all it ended up as an educational inquiry....

2ndly....middle of last week the car decided to have a massive dump of oil in front of the house, £300 bill to fix all oil hoses, oil pan, oil seal, oil plugs, oil filter, labour n fresh oil...

3rdly...this week (monday) my lad (yr8)was on the bus on way home from school when out of no where a yr10 pupil snatched his phone off him, stamped all over, then mi lad went pick it up and the yr10 punched him in the face, my lad hit his head on window, then the yr10 repeatedly hit him over the head with a metal water bottle....School, AnE and police in 1 night....gone down as Criminal Damage n Assault.....put it this way, school will be having an ofsted visit and maybe article in paper if nothing comes of this....

4thly...last night on way from work, car (again) sounds like a blender in any gear, fine in neutral....RAC towed me to garage, and so far just without looking sounds like clutch,gearbox may have dropped from each other....another £300+ bill I think....

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Well, the latest Bill is £730, Clutch, Gearbox, Flywheel.....so that's £1030 spent on a car I only paid £1200 for.

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Well, the latest Bill is £730, Clutch, Gearbox, Flywheel.....so that's £1030 spent on a car I only paid £1200 for.

I feel your pain, been there and done it. 

Hopefully that's the end of it for you.

I learned the hard way, kept forking out on a motor and in the long run I spent more than it was worth 3 fold and when I did sell it all the work I had done on it didn't add any value. Next motor I brought  was nearly new and suffice to say you get what you pay for. 

🤞 for you and the motor. 

On 06/10/2022 at 10:19, Highy said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

The only hate there is from the over sensitive teacher context is key there has to be some hate for it to be a problem, alright saying that but you know the social services types will turn the screw better to warn the kid away from there games white kids from housing estates can be a great career advance to civil servents.

Cars are more my thing if your willing to buy a Ford that is.

3 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

The only hate there is from the over sensitive teacher context is key there has to be some hate for it to be a problem, alright saying that but you know the social services types will turn the screw better to warn the kid away from there games white kids from housing estates can be a great career advance to civil servents.

Cars are more my thing if your willing to buy a Ford that is.

Do like a Ford Transit (very missed indeed)...

So there really are wanglers in the modern era in the VW sense of the word tell ya back in the 90s only hippies and well erm kept a van for recreational purposes 2022 welcome the era of the wangler, I blame the tory Party most VW van owners look like they enjoy the public reading of a tory party manifesto, that Sue Ellen chick wants to make me into a class a criminal... no way I will really change my ways the horror.

• 2 weeks later...

Must be climate change I'm looking forward to getting out later this week that's unheard of for me at this time of year, hook baits are looking good, got a kilo and half of live system will also be getting some extra gas for my coleman lite gas lantern really does put some watts out, doors will be open vents unzipped it's  a morning and evening use keeps the condensation out.

1 hour ago, Carpbell3 said:

Must be climate change I'm looking forward to getting out later this week that's unheard of for me at this time of year, hook baits are looking good, got a kilo and half of live system will also be getting some extra gas for my coleman lite gas lantern really does put some watts out, doors will be open vents unzipped it's  a morning and evening use keeps the condensation out.

That kilo & a half wouldn’t last 5 minutes on my water . Especially this time of year in this mild Autumn.

12 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

I could grab some more and am tempted but it has been real slow I thinking stick mix and a few baits around that.

Also got 3 kilo of pellet but thy are angling direct own brand didn't realise that till after buying them. Not sure who they are made by so dubious about using them.

• 1 month later...

Think this year fishing is over for me now.....

On the last of my Night Shift tonight, done 3 weeks (cant complain though, half the work and double the pay)....work is manic at moment. 

Wife has an operation next week, so that's 4 weeks recovering, then Christmas.

So new year I think it is.....

I'm 50 50 on doing a bit of waggler fishing just at a day ticket type place not going out over winter can put you at a miss when starting back, I got big plans for KWP next year going up this weekend see how things are and season pass costs.

Might even go full on gran pops and join the caravan club up there. Price of fuel is no joke.

1 minute ago, Carpbell3 said:

I'm 50 50 on doing a bit of waggler fishing just at a day ticket type place not going out over winter can put you at a miss when starting back, I got big plans for KWP next year going up this weekend see how things are and season pass costs.

Might even go full on gran pops and join the caravan club up there. Price of fuel is no joke.

I'd love to be out doing any fishing, but work, time, family has tied me up for at least the next 6 week.