Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Towards the end of the week particularly.

There was a massive thunderstorm in the Midlands last night but today it's bright again. Temps drop to 20/21 on Wednesday and that'll be the time to be out imo.

Yes mate I've just got up into Somerset this morning, looking at the forecast the weather is gonna be stormy this evening and again tomorrow then overcast with a few showers for the days aftwr, low pressure with southerly winds at about 10 - 15mph. Hopefully it gets them down on the deck 😆 I plan on staying right through to Saturday and pack up when it's dry. Can't be packing up when it's wet is my excuse 😂

2 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Should be out myself this week, was thinking Thursday but Wednesday evening would be possible I just prefer getting there in the morning the later in the day the more rushed I feel?

One of my lakes is a 8pm to 8pm and 8am to 8am, nothing worse than getting there for 8 and trying to get everything set up and rods out etc before dark 😂

I'm glad I went today but realised I need to seal my Brolly, water has been [censored]ing in. Bedchair wet, everything is wet 😂😂

Was supposed to be Repainting/Spraying the White lines on the Club football pitch this morning,  but been put off until Thursday morning now.....SO

I've just had a walk (twice) round the Park Lake, and the Water has risen slightly due to the rain....

There are 2 lads on fishing,  they said the Storm last night was great to watch.....

I'm now watching from the Beach Swim (im calling it that)....just found a few old rigs and 1 slightly new.

20220906_094320.thumb.jpg.17d5fefdf4e94eaf41fbbf316013e5a3.jpg

Thinkni mat start to Focus more on the Park Lake, its a pretty hard Lake, but nice fish....FREE FISHING,  yeh you get the odd numpty, but everyone looks out for each other on here and also the public, also the "Friends of 3 Sisters" volunteer group maintain it.

14 hours ago, jh92 said:

I need to seal my Brolly

https://www.fabsil.com/product-page/tent-care-kit

Try this. Give the brolly a good wash with warm water to remove the mud and spod spill (don't use detergents or else it will strip the proofing.) Clean and allow it to dry with the cleaner and then I rub on the sealer with a cloth and allow it to dry for 24 hours. It does stink of vanish a bit at first and so outside or in a garage is best. Redid mine last year (brolly must be 10 years old) and when it rained the other day, the water was literally bouncing off or settling in large droplets. A quick flick at the end of the session and it was dry.

4 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

https://www.fabsil.com/product-page/tent-care-kit

Try this. Give the brolly a good wash with warm water to remove the mud and spod spill (don't use detergents or else it will strip the proofing.) Clean and allow it to dry with the cleaner and then I rub on the sealer with a cloth and allow it to dry for 24 hours. It does stink of vanish a bit at first and so outside or in a garage is best. Redid mine last year (brolly must be 10 years old) and when it rained the other day, the water was literally bouncing off or settling in large droplets. A quick flick at the end of the session and it was dry.

One of the spokes has ripped away from the fabric, might seal it up and sale it as spares/repairs. I'm no good at stitching things up 😂

On 08/09/2022 at 20:24, commonly said:

God save the King! 

Seems weird. RIP Liz

Seconded . In fact I’m astounded that nobody’s started a dedicated thread to her Majesty .

carpmachine would have done if he was here .

gawd bless them both , both fondly remembered.

2 hours ago, commonly said:

Me too mate. 

Seems as though it's fishing only! 

Same response to my 'enough is enough' post, still I'm sure the Tories will do their very best for the people of country 😔

People seem happy to be trodden on these days, I'm not a royalist tbh, and while I think it's sad an old lady I didn't know has died, I have much stronger opinions on the millions that will die under tory goverment and Liz Truss, personally I would like to see the monarchy abolished, should be left in history now I mean castles, prince's and princesses is a bit disney when we have 2500+ foodbanks in this country,and I'm sick of parasites with money becoming rich off our labour while we get left to starve or suffer, this opinion is probably why I have stayed quiet on the subject😂, also you will notice how it's only politicians, and elite sportspeople that get time off to mourn, we plebs get a bank holiday, it highlights the class war we face in my opinion billions spaffed to the rich while homelessness and poverty had never been worse, neither have to exist its a capitalist political choice, 

Well said mate. 

Sad thing is, there are too many lemmings that vote for them, I'm not sure this situation will ever change 😤

By rights most of the Tories would be in jail, if they had ripped off a big corporation, instead of our country. But no, they'll get made lords and paid off big fat pensions🤯

1 hour ago, commonly said:

Well said mate. 

Sad thing is, there are too many lemmings that vote for them, I'm not sure this situation will ever change 😤

By rights most of the Tories would be in jail, if they had ripped off a big corporation, instead of our country. But no, they'll get made lords and paid off big fat pensions🤯

Exactly a change is coming, but the Queen has put it on hold for a bit, doesn't mean we should take our eye of the tories though, they will be up to no good and pushing through the energy crisis thing that is just going to make the billionaires richer and leave us footing the bill for the 150bn they want to subsidise them, while we also still have to pay approx 150% more than last year, guy fawkes had the right idea 

10 minutes ago, framey said:

They are all as bad as each other

Unfortunately I can remember when Labour was in power and it wasn't quite the Utopian Society that you dream of Elmo. Whenever the Tories do anything bad, I just look across to the other side and wonder what they would have done! In comrade Corbyn's case, it would still be discussing if a Covid vaccine was worthwhile!

16 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

Unfortunately I can remember when Labour was in power and it wasn't quite the Utopian Society that you dream of Elmo. Whenever the Tories do anything bad, I just look across to the other side and wonder what they would have done! In comrade Corbyn's case, it would still be discussing if a Covid vaccine was worthwhile!

You are deluded if you think anyone is as bad and morally bankrupt as this lot we've had for the last 12 years, and I still maintain Corbyn would have got us in a much better position than we are now, one question for you? Even though corbyn hasn't got the whip, why do tory leaders still have to mention him in speeches, bozo did, Starmer belittled him in PMQ'S and now Liz Truss felt the need to mention him in her speech? 

Also Corbyn wouldn't have given billions to cronies and taken bungs off Russian oligarchs, but carry on believing what they tell you 

Just now, commonly said:

Yep, New New Labour won't even be seen on picket lines?? 

The majority of the political system is corrupt and outdated. Not acting in the best interests of the people?? 

Other successful countries have coalitions. But, look at how that went with Labour and the liberals 😭

Much like Blair new Labour aren't real Labour, real Labour bought you things like the NHS, they worked with unions to get you thinks like decent working conditions and 40 hour weeks, free education and weekends and all that stuff people take for granted these days,preferring to just blame lefties, left to the tories we would all be working 12+hours a day 7 days a week for the crumbs off the Lords table 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Even though corbyn hasn't got the whip, why do tory leaders still have to mention him in speeches

Because he was an absolute disaster and practically gifted the Tories the biggest majority for many years. This was the bloke who invited the IRA to Parliament when they were still bombing us. The bloke who is so blinded by the Palestinian cause that he is anti semitic. The bloke who only days ago was lecturing us that supplying weapons to Ukraine is prolonging the war and we would should be looking for peace. But at what cost!

I remember the day he was elected and a bloke who I worked with was pleased as he had voted for him. I shook his hand and congratulated on electing Britain's most electable man! I think that a lot of Labour voters had the sudden realisation that they had made a huge mistake. If Andy Burnham would have got the top job, Labour could have won the last election.