Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

On 08/08/2022 at 08:57, welder said:

It will be time well invested, I'm sure.

Ian.

On 08/08/2022 at 09:01, Highy said:

Bit of a fresh varnish outside, repaint some of inside, mainly left wall and roof, new floor and sort a new cover/front out.

Well, it's done now, just need to sort a front/cover for it before Monday (Rain) next week.

20220809_161621.thumb.jpg.4351f7a94687b17ddcc9121802c93f0d.jpg

I've just sorted all through my gear to see what I may need...I'm all good at moment except for the smelly bait for in 2 weeks time....

I've also just come across a fault with my Bait Boat.

1 of the Springs that helps to flip the boat has snapped, trying to find 1 is hard work, but a quick solution wad a spring from the wife's hair clip, does the jib but will need a thicker wired spring for more power.

Screenshot_20220810-160832_Photos.thumb.jpg.b9dbc12cefa908690661df8fb308ccf4.jpg

Edited by Highy

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2022 at 16:06, Highy said:

I've just sorted all through my gear to see what I may need...I'm all good at moment except for the smelly bait for in 2 weeks time....

I've also just come across a fault with my Bait Boat.

1 of the Springs that helps to flip the boat has snapped, trying to find 1 is hard work, but a quick solution wad a spring from the wife's hair clip, does the jib but will need a thicker wired spring for more power.

Screenshot_20220810-160832_Photos.thumb.jpg.b9dbc12cefa908690661df8fb308ccf4.jpg

What about a clothes peg spring

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Yah, tried them....not that thick enough ot tightly sprung, I've managed to use a spring out of the wife's hair clip, the biggest I could find, and it was the most expensive and favorite 1....didn't fo down well.

Your Wife's favourite hair clip 😲 , you've either lost the plot , or you've got huge cajones .

😁

25 minutes ago, crusian said:

Your Wife's favourite hair clip 😲 , you've either lost the plot , or you've got huge cajones .

😁

Bit of both I think....tild her needs must as I need the boat for next week session, plus she can always buy a new 1 from Turkey next week while she away.

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Have you tried a clothes peg spring??? 

Yah, same as what @frameysuggested....

20 hours ago, Highy said:

Yah, tried them....not that thick enough ot tightly sprung, I've managed to use a spring out of the wife's hair clip, the biggest I could find, and it was the most expensive and favorite 1....didn't fo down well.

But I'm happy with it now, I'll have a look in my dads garage over the weekend, while wife is packing for her n little ens holiday (Turkey on Tuesday) for em.

28 minutes ago, commonly said:

Green light for 48!

Im hoping with low water levels I stand half a chance of getting a fish 🤞

Bait is glugged. Van is packed. Feeling confident! 

1661454552071107255155379113582.jpg

I can't wait for my 48hr from Saturday morning....

Exactly what i will be doing in the morning,  prepping Bait....Krill for the Cats, Manilla for the Carp.

Just now, commonly said:

I found an old worm liquid from dynamite. That's been in the garage for ages, so thought it may as well go on the cell and bannoffee. 

I found some hemp n pellets too, but I've found anything other than boilies @ the reservoir will result in bream😢

Good luck Highy

A mate has dug up a tub of worms from his allotment for me, pick up on mi way home in a minute. 

1 minute ago, welder said:

I've had good results using a popped up worm on the hair. I carry a syringe in my box, for injecting them with air.

Ian.

It's been a long time since I've used worms (match days)....knowing I can get a mate now to rummage through about 20 allotments is great 👍...

Halves/wholes on the rig....chops in with freebies.

I must be the worlds oldest window cleaner mate had to let a couple of lads go ended up real stuck to get around the round in time. Not bad to be fair, thought I would be too old for it ladders are heavier than I recall, one of those jobs no one wants anymore, don't know why as you can soon build your own round up if you want to plus there is always work going I've doon it all started on houses and industrial done cradle work in London and four floor buildings off the ladder they use a pole these days for the commercial work really surprised they struggle to find young lads willing to do window cleaning.  Been offered a part time position might take it things have changed they don't even collect anymore it all goes through bank transfer it was the collecting that put me off building my own round im too soft to be knocking doors the grannies would be holding out on me lol.