Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Probably as good a place as anywhere, if you have to send off your energy readings, best to make sure you do one at the end of the month so it doesn't get charged at the new massively increased rate, Martin Lewis was saying that just thought I would share it with you cos its going to get tougher after April 😭

i'm on pre pay handy can just top up on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

now i'm scared some younger lady i have a laugh with online these past few month, sent me some pics today, shes like a 10 and a half, she only lives a few mile away, i'm going to run out of lines, shes real as well deffo not a cast fish, tell ya she could make a right fool out of me. 

14 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

now i'm scared some younger lady i have a laugh with online these past few month, sent me some pics today, shes like a 10 and a half, she only lives a few mile away, i'm going to run out of lines, shes real as well deffo not a cast fish, tell ya she could make a right fool out of me. 

showed the mrs the evening dress pic, don't worry pet ya man still has it lol it's amazing what a throw away line can do, she modeled her new dress for a works xmas do, i called it the wife botherer wear or something like that, she found it ever so funny, pretty much ran through her whole collection since. 

i'm only messing around she is well aware of that, still i was quite amazed with myself to be honest .

1 minute ago, Highy said:

Think in a way mine, give more attraction, but well see Friday.... Going all Krill to use up my last bucket of it... About 2kg.

I fired in the last of my old bait today, hopefully something will eat it 😂

My bait boat was getting clogged up by micropellets by the way, would be fine with bigger baits like boilies and proper pellets, still think I might sell it though, I think ii enjoyed fishing more pre bait boat 

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I fired in the last of my old bait today, hopefully something will eat it 😂

My bait boat was getting clogged up by micropellets by the way, would be fine with bigger baits like boilies and proper pellets, still think I might sell it though, I think ii enjoyed fishing more pre bait boat 

That's the thing with mine, no middle hopper, just the flipper.... Does the same job I suppose, also for pulling along the Deeper. 

I've got a tub of 2 & 4mm pellets, these will be my mesh ball bags, then I've got about 25kg of Aller Aqua 8mm pellets to go with the Manilla n Particles from May. 

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

That's the thing with mine, no middle hopper, just the flipper.... Does the same job I suppose, also for pulling along the Deeper. 

I've got a tub of 2 & 4mm pellets, these will be my mesh ball bags, then I've got about 25kg of Aller Aqua 8mm pellets to go with the Manilla n Particles from May. 

Same I've got 25kg of 8mm Aller aqua pellets, I think I am going to start shovelling them soon 🤔

• 4 weeks later...

Took my boy to a crazy mountain bike down hill park yesterday  called wind Hill .... of course me being me gets far to  carried away & can't resist going mack10 down these tracks,  it was always  going to end in a big crash 🙈

Bruised & cut , stitches to my face & currently in bed feeling my age 😆 good crack though .👍

Think I'll stick to fishing 😂

15 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Took my boy to a crazy mountain bike down hill park yesterday  called wind Hill .... of course me being me gets far to  carried away & can't resist going mack10 down these tracks,  it was always  going to end in a big crash 🙈

Bruised & cut , stitches to my face & currently in bed feeling my age 😆 good crack though .👍

Think I'll stick to fishing 😂

Same here....stick to fishing. 

I had a game of footy on Sunday, mate asked want a kick about, thinking like heads n volleys r summat..... Nah. 16 of us on a full size pitch.... I used to be fit, now I'm still aching from it, only thing I'm running for now is my alarms. 

Was a good crack though and I was on winning team 9-8.

wait till you are in your 50's if i sit down in the afternoon, i'm falling asleep, afternoon naps must have a bit of spanish in me. for the first time ever i'm getting regular lower back pain, stand in the shower too long and your disks start you off singing. 

Thought for the day?   So sometimes its good to sit back reminisce about past times places etc and let the mind wonder, and the tongue work its own wonder of speech. --God has fixed the time for my death.                                                                                                                                                 I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me.                                                                                                                                                      That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.”

sa.jpg

tbmsa.jpg

zam.jpg

zami.jpg

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

wait till you are in your 50's if i sit down in the afternoon, i'm falling asleep, afternoon naps must have a bit of spanish in me. for the first time ever i'm getting regular lower back pain, stand in the shower too long and your disks start you off singing. 

Gets even worse when you get to the sixties.

4 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I love a little afternoon nap quite often I get shouted at, punched, kicked, jumped on, scared witless If I dare to try it whilst the family are around though, so annoying I just want a nap lol they reckon I snore or something and the misses has set this precident where its OK to wake me up if I dare to try it 😳

Sometimes after I walk the dogs and they are out though,we settle down and we all have a little nap, bliss 💤

A mate who I haven't fished with in a while is out with us at weekend... Im doing from Friday night until Su day morning... He's turning up Su day morning... He's the mate who sells up, buys again, sells up, buys again.... This time he's sold all his match/coarse gear and bought all NEW Carp this morning. 

Sonik Vader X RS 3 Rod n Reel setup, Sonik Landing Net, the New Sonik Vader X 3 Rod alarm set, Sonik Stanz 3 Rod buzz bars n sticks, SKTek rod Holdall n Carryall, Korda Tackle Box with just enough terminal to fill it... 

He's off his rocker... But will have a good FINAL setup eventually he says... Now wants an AXS Bivvy n all SKTek range to go with it. 

Then tomorrow he's off for some Sticky Bait, unhooking may, Chair.

He has asked to buy his trakker Barrow back, but I've took the bag off n swapped out wheels, to put on my Fox Barrow. 

Edited by Highy

2 hours ago, Highy said:

A mate who I haven't fished with in a while is out with us at weekend... Im doing from Friday night until Su day morning... He's turning up Su day morning... He's the mate who sells up, buys again, sells up, buys again.... This time he's sold all his match/coarse gear and bought all NEW Carp this morning. 

Sonik Vader X RS 3 Rod n Reel setup, Sonik Landing Net, the New Sonik Vader X 3 Rod alarm set, Sonik Stanz 3 Rod buzz bars n sticks, SKTek rod Holdall n Carryall, Korda Tackle Box with just enough terminal to fill it... 

He's off his rocker... But will have a good FINAL setup eventually he says... Now wants an AXS Bivvy n all SKTek range to go with it. 

Then tomorrow he's off for some Sticky Bait, unhooking may, Chair.

He has asked to buy his trakker Barrow back, but I've took the bag off n swapped out wheels, to put on my Fox Barrow. 

at least you have angling mates, i offer to get my mates into angling and they take it as come along sit in the peg and land the odd fish, i don't do it anymore get some tackle the tickets pick your own peg and i will help with the set up and tactics all of a sudden they lose interest, one guy i had to stop going out with, i'd pay for ticket and he would sneak a rod out, everyone knew what he was up to, park lake as well. 

3 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

at least you have angling mates, i offer to get my mates into angling and they take it as come along sit in the peg and land the odd fish, i don't do it anymore get some tackle the tickets pick your own peg and i will help with the set up and tactics all of a sudden they lose interest, one guy i had to stop going out with, i'd pay for ticket and he would sneak a rod out, everyone knew what he was up to, park lake as well. 

Honestly, I've only got the 2 who I really go fishing with, or it's on my own with the pooch.... 

This weekend it's with my lad n Dog.... 1 mate doing 24hr from Saturday morning, 1 mate doing the day Sunday. 

I've just setup my marker rod, gonna give em abit of bait when there Friday night, but not fish on it until tea time day after.... 1 rod out, 1 rod margins. 

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

Honestly, I've only got the 2 who I really go fishing with, or it's on my own with the pooch.... 

This weekend it's with my lad n Dog.... 1 mate doing 24hr from Saturday morning, 1 mate doing the day Sunday. 

I've just setup my marker rod, gonna give em abit of bait when there Friday night, but not fish on it until tea time day after.... 1 rod out, 1 rod margins. 

i find you are better off just being sociable to those you meet when out so long as they haven't got that elite angler vibe about them, there was a bait tester on a other lake that could be a complete annoyance if it didn't go right for him or couldn't get his chosen peg, the remarks would start, very passive aggressive of course, i just get the spom rod out and froth it up some more, with my two kilo of bait for three rods for three days, ain't moving mate., considering i had the two biggest known fish out and others, i'd say my tactics are solid. 😆

9 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i find you are better off just being sociable to those you meet when out so long as they haven't got that elite angler vibe about them, there was a bait tester on a other lake that could be a complete annoyance if it didn't go right for him or couldn't get his chosen peg, the remarks would start, very passive aggressive of course, i just get the spom rod out and froth it up some more, with my two kilo of bait for three rods for three days, ain't moving mate., considering i had the two biggest known fish out and others, i'd say my tactics are solid. 😆

I'll talk to anyone me, but if I make the effort and they can't be bothered "see ya later pal" that me done. 

There was 1 lad when I was on my club water, he reckons he owns the lake, rocks up any time of day/night... I went to left side of him, fishing 1 down the left margin, 1 about 4 rods out.... All hell broke loose from him... Why you side of me? (it was a double peg I was in for me n mate) You better not Spod pal? (got mi boat)... 

Then about an hour in I sent boat out 11 wraps  (arrow straight in front of me)... He says your in my swim... I says come here then ill show you... He was actually in mine...

Then he puts a post of the club Facebook page kicking off about boats and how they should be banned.... But says the lad who spods 5kg (2kg limit on any session) regardless time of day/night he turns up. 

Edited by Highy

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

The carp have just started spawning at my local pond. Isn't it a bit early?? 🤔

Now I'm 50/50 whether I should make the 100 mile round trip to the reservoir next weekend incase they are spawning as well 🤷‍♂️

My koi carp,  carp and goldfish are spawning in my pond and have been for 2 days now. A local lake to me is also closed to spawning.